3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: No Crybabies Allowed Thread

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

What team would you rather be rooting for this season? I mean why not just come out and claim your magical team of the year?

If you're going to be a fan of the Sox this season, why not just get on board with the team you have, and watch the magic as it happens? They don't win a few games? So? Has any team ever won every game they played in a season? Aren't there good times and bad times for every team? Isn't it a fact that teams lose a few in a row and get on a roll, all in the same season?

I'm betting on the Sox this season. If we lose games, IMO that only creates incentive to try harder. We have a great team. Isn't it more fun to try and figure out who the heroes are going to be each game, rather than predict who's going to fail?

We have some new faces. This should be great to watch what happens with them. We have some champions, they have another season to play together again! C'mon, this is going to be fun. Enjoy the ride! The season is just beginning, and it will be over before you know it. You don't want to miss it worrying about nonsense.

[/QUOTE]

I understand your point well, Kim.

Crybabies, Chicken Littles, and those who are only positive because you know they will be negative (that's a bit clumsy, but you can be sure they won't praise anyone, unless it is to put someone else down...) are so prominent it is amazing.

It would be refreshing if those "fans" found something to support.

:o)

Sure, they have the right to be sour.

But I have the right to support without putting my team down.

[/QUOTE]

And that's the difference exactly, Yaz. Critiquing a team regarding their performance is one thing, slamming players and calling for their heads because of a bad performance is another. Players are not robots, they're just people, and like most people they have their good days and their bad days.

Some posters here are just never happy, and/or just trying to get the negative conversations going. I'm just trying to balance that out. Smile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It really is amazing how many wussy, freaked-out, sky-is-falling comments we've already seen, 10 games into the season after winning it all.

[/QUOTE]

So true. It's almost like they are ready and waiting to pounce.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sooooo.....now the board police says opinions and debate are a bad thing..........ok.

Honest opinions and debate are fine.  But last year, we had a poster that criticed Trey Ball as a slow-footed white OF.  He obviously knew nothing about him, but just felt compelled to criticize the RS.  I understand that criticisms are subjective, but it's entirely appropriate to point out when people are trolling.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Joe. I have that person on ignore because his comments to me are pretty much the same all the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i love you kim.

[/QUOTE]

yes slash bro! WE both do. I'll take the two Kims over a ton of the so called posters opinions in here.Wink

[/QUOTE]

That's so sweet. I love you guys too! I'm so happy that so many of my favorite posters are all in the no crybabies thread. I know how to pick 'em. CoolSmile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

It is way too early. If they were 8 and 2 right now and you were saying that you thought they were going to win it all I would say it was way too early to feel that way as well.  One has to wait until at least June to freak out. It's baseball.

[/QUOTE]

Please stop with the control freak nonsense!  ;)   Really!  I love ya Kimmy, but you take this stuff far too seriously!  I'll paste my reply to someone on another brilliant freak out thread...,,

I have a hard & fast rule of never waiting until June to freak out.  I'm a firm believer in intermittent freak outs! This is very important as a long time life long Red Sox fan.  This is a decades long lesson learned.  It's tried! It's true!  It keeps the life long Sox fan living in the moment.  Equally enjoying the highs & lows.  Macximizing your entertainment dollar.      Oh,    the NEW bandwagon Sox fans can give you their, "relax!  it's baseball.....  it will all even out" garbage.  Those of us who have been around for the long haul.....  50+ years know better!!!!  We know too well how fragile winning can really be.  This is why we enjoy the highs and lows with equal out of control passion.  As Decarte' said, "we freak out because we are........"   Sox Fans is what he was talking about.  This is a historical fact!  Look it up!  So..........   Carpe diem!  Don't sit back and relax, as Mike Carp famously remarked.  Enjoy the highs!  Gnash your teath at the lows!  You are a Sox fan g d it!  You were born to freak out!  Why else would we appreciate every World Series Win 86 times more than the next winning fan?  This too has been scientifically proven!  Look it up!

Cast off the chains that bind you!  Freak out!  It is your birthright!

Just so NO to  the obtrusively obnoxious overbearing & omnipresent optimists.

[/QUOTE]

Ummmmm. I thought I was clear about this. No crybabies thread.

[/QUOTE]

Don't be so bossy.

[/QUOTE]

You know there's a guy that used "sooooooooo" in his post. "soooooooo" is mine. Someone should really tell him that since I have him on ignore. What's mine is mine. I thought that was clear.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd say the author of the thread is the "crybaby". I had a post that was directed at pike and it stayed up for more than 8 hours, kim shows up and within 10 minutes it is gone.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't see your post when I was responding. I didn't see Pike's supposed post when I was responding. All I see is this post has been removed.

And FTR I had a post removed in this thread telling someone I didn't go to their depressing "I'm giving up on the season" thread because it's his perogative to have it. There was nothing abusive in my post, and it was gone. Posts shouldn't be removed because someone doesn't like you, or doesn't agree with what you're saying. They should be abusive. And by abusive, I mean incredibly abusive, not just because they may seem insulting.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Soooooo....Kimmiesayscrap doesn't like a few posts and she has them removed.  Pot calling the kettle black?  Yep.....  Enjoy the company of your cats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think all posters have a right to know which of those among us are " crybabies " . Well, I am not a crybaby.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know as well as I do that there are fans out there who live and die with each inning the team plays. I see nothing wrong with them rooting for the team in that manner; its all good; its all part of the fantasy that is Red Sox Nation.

[/QUOTE]

I am not always the most rational person during a game.  As you mentioned, many of us live and die with the Sox.  Emotions run high during the game.  It's understandable to drop an F-bomb or 20 one minute, then do the happy dance the next.

However, when the game is over and I've had a chance to calm down, rational thought returns and I know better than to call the seaon in the first week of May.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

now only if you could cure RSKimmi of that whole Theo/genius thing Tongue OutWink 
    [/QUOTE]

LOL Jete's, that's not happening.

Theo will forever be the man, in my book.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It really is amazing how many wussy, freaked-out, sky-is-falling comments we've already seen, 10 games into the season after winning it all.

[/QUOTE]

You know as well as I do that there are fans out there who live and die with each inning the team plays. I see nothing wrong with them rooting for the team in that manner; its all good; its all part of the fantasy that is Red Sox Nation.

[/QUOTE]

Whining is unbecoming.  If someone who just won the lottery, is complaining that his new lottery ticket lost, then I am unsympathetic.

And, if he can complain about his having to walk down to the store to claim his million $ lottery prize, then I can complain about him whining.

Pat that, and coming from The Bronx, no one I know likes whiners.  It's considered one of the worst traits you can have.  I assume your little section of NY probably felt the same.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whining is unbecoming.  If someone who just won the lottery, is complaining that his new lottery ticket lost, then I am unsympathetic.

And, if he can complain about his having to walk down to the store to claim his million $ lottery prize, then I can complain about him whining.

Pat that, and coming from The Bronx, no one I know likes whiners.  It's considered one of the worst traits you can have.  I assume your little section of NY probably felt the same.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Look around and see if you can't find someone worse off than you are, before you start whining.

Chances are it wont take long.

And yes, it does work for sports, as a well as life in general.

Try being a Royals, Twins or Astros fan for a season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Your label of "whiners" immediately puts an undeserved negative connotation to some of the posts of people here who are more emotional about the Red Sox than you are. I do not agree with you that being emotional about the team (and reacting that way) is "one of the worst traits you can have". I put lots of traits far ahead of that one on my dislike list: lying, misrepresenting the facts, bigotry...and so forth. You need to keep things in perspective. Some very stalwart Red Sox fans here react emotionally....and some, like you and FourB's do not. Like I said above, its all good. Variations on the same theme: rooting for the home team. A little tolerance is in order here. There is no need to berate a certain type of fan in the false belief that the way you root for your team is somehow a superior method.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

It is way too early. If they were 8 and 2 right now and you were saying that you thought they were going to win it all I would say it was way too early to feel that way as well.  One has to wait until at least June to freak out. It's baseball.

Please stop with the control freak nonsense!  ;)   Really!  I love ya Kimmy, but you take this stuff far too seriously!  I'll paste my reply to someone on another brilliant freak out thread...,,

I have a hard & fast rule of never waiting until June to freak out.  I'm a firm believer in intermittent freak outs! This is very important as a long time life long Red Sox fan.  This is a decades long lesson learned.  It's tried! It's true!  It keeps the life long Sox fan living in the moment.  Equally enjoying the highs & lows.  Macximizing your entertainment dollar.      Oh,    the NEW bandwagon Sox fans can give you their, "relax!  it's baseball.....  it will all even out" garbage.  Those of us who have been around for the long haul.....  50+ years know better!!!!  We know too well how fragile winning can really be.  This is why we enjoy the highs and lows with equal out of control passion.  As Decarte' said, "we freak out because we are........"   Sox Fans is what he was talking about.  This is a historical fact!  Look it up!  So..........   Carpe diem!  Don't sit back and relax, as Mike Carp famously remarked.  Enjoy the highs!  Gnash your teath at the lows!  You are a Sox fan g d it!  You were born to freak out!  Why else would we appreciate every World Series Win 86 times more than the next winning fan?  This too has been scientifically proven!  Look it up!

Cast off the chains that bind you!  Freak out!  It is your birthright!

Just so NO to  the obtrusively obnoxious overbearing & omnipresent optimists.

[/QUOTE]

Ummmmm. I thought I was clear about this. No crybabies thread.

[/QUOTE]

Since the humor with which I tried to address this issue is lost on so many, perhaps you can relate to some straight talk about "whining?"

The real "whiners" are the ones who never stop WHINING about "whining!"

PLEASE!

It's not only impossible, but also boring as hell to have a stimulating back & forth without some posters bringing up concerns!  What is it that some don't get about that?  If everything went perfectly all the time, we'd have absolutely nothing to talk about!  If we all agreed about everything, how flipping boring would that be?

THE IRONY??????

THE CONSTANT, NEVER ENDING WHINING ABOUT "whining."

Give it a rest

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Most everyone complains about something. Using a certain choice of words to discredit someone is an old trick. Examples: Jack didn't have a complaint, gripe or beef. No, Jack was a crybaby, a whiner.    Jim didn't say " Don't worry, it' s early, we have a good team, we will be fine."  No, " It's only April, we have a good team, Jim " gushed ".  Get the point?  It is a common gimmick in politics. You see it here quite a bit as well.