No crying thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: No crying thread

In Response to Re: No crying thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No crying thread : Thanks for having my back FourBs, and thanks for the kind words. I'm a Red Sox fan.  I'm going to root for them through thick and thin.  When/if they get mathematically eliminated, I'm going to continue cheering for them.  I don't understand why that is so annoying to another Red Sox fan.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

You're welcome.

I don't think your positive attitude really annoys Pumpsie.
    It's just an excuse to be a bully.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]There are also Sox fans who are more concerned with their previous stances on the forum than they are about wins and losses. Their ego trumps their fandom. They will go to their grave debating and hoping that Carl Crawford will have six bad years because they went on record saying that he would. Their stances on a forum are their identity. So if they are grumpy, cynical, skeptical, and pessimistic, then they feel threatened by those with opposite traits. How dare anyone be positive if they are negative.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Good point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]i don't understand either, since when do you have to be a Sox fan to be annoyed by Kimmi...kidding..Morning Kimmi
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

LOL Jete,  touche' .

Here's one especially for you and Pumps.

GO RED SOX!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Sweet Caroline is only heard 81 times per season and only by fans attending Fenway Park. The typical fan attends how many games per year, one, three, five? Not really a big deal, bring earplugs with you if you find it to be so annoying. Just another talking point for a troll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]You assume that they are Red Sox fans but how do we really know. Concern trolling involves someone pretending / showing fake concern. Such types find it very entertaining to fool others, it is a game to them.

I can't keep all the aliases straight, who's a Red Sox fan and who's not, and really have no desire to.  I don't agree with most of what you say about other posters, but I have always liked you for one thing.  You are always positive about your team, and you will defend them through thick and thin.  As a fellow Red Sox fan, I appreciate that.  I much prefer that over the constant player bashing.  And I know this will bother some other posters, but I also find you quite humorous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]Sweet Caroline is only heard 81 times per season and only by fans attending Fenway Park. The typical fan attends how many games per year, one, three, five? Not really a big deal, bring earplugs with you if you find it to be so annoying. Just another talking point for a troll.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

AHAHAHAHAHA...

... pike calling someone else, anyone else, a troll...

AHAHAHAHAHA...

HOO - HOO - HEE - HAW - HAW...

Notice that I'm not crying... HA-HA-...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No crying thread : I can't keep all the aliases straight, who's a Red Sox fan and who's not, and really have no desire to.  I don't agree with most of what you say about other posters, but I have always liked you for one thing.  You are always positive about your team, and you will defend them through thick and thin.  As a fellow Red Sox fan, I appreciate that.  I much prefer that over the constant player bashing.  And I know this will bother some other posters, but I also find you quite humorous.

I can't keep all of the aliases straight either, Kimmi, nor do I have any desire to. I have nothing against being positive, but I can understand why over the top cheerleading on this board annoys some posters. It's one thing to go to games and cheer your heart out for your team. It's another to offer nothing but rah-rah type posts, considering all that has gone on with the Sox this season, and then vilify those who are not in lock-step with their philosophy ala pike and kimsaysthis. Their pathological insistence that they are the ones to decide how and what others should post is just plain wrong. I will never support that behavior.

I, also, don't agree with the player bashing that is rampant on the board these days, but I understand the frustrations of many fans today. They are speaking out in one of the few ways that is available to them...this forum. I'm not one to bash the players, manager or GM. My ire is directed at the ownership group that has allowed the situation, indeed multiple situations, to fester, and who offer little more than platitudes to their fans.

I have been a Red Sox fan since 1962. I fell in love with a team that was to say the least, downright lousy. The things I used to hear about the Sox were pretty rough. So, to me, complaining about the team is part of the heritage of being a fan of the Boston Red Sox. If you've only been a fan for a short time, I don't expect that you would understand and possibly be perplexed (like John Henry???)  by this sentiment.

I like your style, Kimmi. There's nothing wrong with cheering for your team and I appreciate that you do it without trying to be a bully, like some others here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No crying thread : Thanks for having my back FourBs, and thanks for the kind words. I'm a Red Sox fan.  I'm going to root for them through thick and thin.  When/if they get mathematically eliminated, I'm going to continue cheering for them.  I don't understand why that is so annoying to another Red Sox fan.

Its not just the cheering Kimmi, its the syrupy rah rah rah cheering for players who are not worthy of it. Its the one sided, or nearly one sided, posting you do. I don't recall you making any negative comments about Pedroia when he told Valentine, his new boss, that "thats not the way we do things around here". Or about Francona's many mistakes. I wasn't the only one critical of the way you posted at Sawxheads Kimmi; you know that. Many others found it objectionable as well-no doubt just as objectionable as you find my posting. Just because you don't see how anyone can find the way you write objectionable does not mean that it isn't. At least I realize and fully admit that my style is not for everyone to enjoy; you don't even go that far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No crying thread : Anyone can go to Sawksheads are read your tired act. I am going to move on to discuss baseball. If that means you're going lay off other posters who've done nothing to you, that works for me.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

No, that means exactly what I wrote: when YOU are ready to discuss baseball I will be ready to discuss it with you. I am not going to continue this pointless back and forth with you. You do not like the way I write; I get that. And I really could not care less.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Were you " Pumpsie-Green" here in 2007? Don't remember you.

Yup. Same name. Look at the number of posts. I have been on various boards at different times. Now I am back here for a while.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No crying thread : Its not just the cheering Kimmi, its the syrupy rah rah rah cheering for players who are not worthy of it. Its the one sided, or nearly one sided, posting you do. I don't recall you making any negative comments about Pedroia when he told Valentine, his new boss, that "thats not the way we do things around here". Or about Francona's many mistakes. I wasn't the only one critical of the way you posted at Sawxheads Kimmi; you know that. Many others found it objectionable as well-no doubt just as objectionable as you find my posting. Just because you don't see how anyone can find the way you write objectionable does not mean that it isn't. At least I realize and fully admit that my style is not for everyone to enjoy; you don't even go that far.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

I've yet to see Kimmi call some other poster here "insipid" or "a fool", so to try to equate her posting style to yours is weak and pathetic.

I'm betting that the "many" you refer to are actually three members of Sawxheads. But considering half the board left, I suppose that constitutes a majority there now.

Kimmi and the "insipid, syrupy" posters left.
    You and your buddies won.

It's not enough for you though, is it?
    You're massive ego wont allow you to let it go, and the fact that's there's no one left at Sawkheads to argue with means you had to start up your warped campaign against Kimmi here.

Anyone with an ounce of integrity would've let it go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Morales takes the mound tonight against Yankees.  Hope it is on TV.  Would sure be a huge boost to win this one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Morales takes the mound tonight against Yankees.  Hope it is on TV.  Would sure be a huge boost to win this one.
    Posted by michaelsjr[/QUOTE]

Beating the Yankees has always been, and always will be, the sweetest thing in baseball. Hopefully Morales is on his game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I can understand why over the top cheerleading on this board annoys some posters. It's one thing to go to games and cheer your heart out for your team. It's another to offer nothing but rah-rah type posts, considering all that has gone on with the Sox this season, and then vilify those who are not in lock-step with their philosophy ala pike and kimsaysthis. Their pathological insistence that they are the ones to decide how and what others should post is just plain wrong. I will never support that behavior.

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

pumpsie,

Equally annoying is when anyone takes a portion of another's post in order to make their own point, one not intended by the originator. What you responded to is only the first paragraph of my post. You completely ignore the following paragraphs which qualify the first, and in doing so, you suggest a meaning that I didn't imply.
    With all due respect, Your Majesty (inside joke), I would appreciate it if in the future you wish to comment on what I have posted that you comment on the entire post and not attempt to infer an overall meaning that I did not intend to convey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No crying thread : I can't keep all of the aliases straight either, Kimmi, nor do I have any desire to. I have nothing against being positive, but I can understand why over the top cheerleading on this board annoys some posters. It's one thing to go to games and cheer your heart out for your team. It's another to offer nothing but rah-rah type posts, considering all that has gone on with the Sox this season, and then vilify those who are not in lock-step with their philosophy ala pike and kimsaysthis. Their pathological insistence that they are the ones to decide how and what others should post is just plain wrong. I will never support that behavior. I, also, don't agree with the player bashing that is rampant on the board these days, but I understand the frustrations of many fans today. They are speaking out in one of the few ways that is available to them...this forum. I'm not one to bash the players, manager or GM. My ire is directed at the ownership group that has allowed the situation, indeed multiple situations, to fester, and who offer little more than platitudes to their fans. I have been a Red Sox fan since 1962. I fell in love with a team that was to say the least, downright lousy. The things I used to hear about the Sox were pretty rough. So, to me, complaining about the team is part of the heritage of being a fan of the Boston Red Sox. If you've only been a fan for a short time, I don't expect that you would understand and possibly be perplexed (like John Henry???)  by this sentiment. I like your style, Kimmi. There's nothing wrong with cheering for your team and I appreciate that you do it without trying to be a bully, like some others here.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

I am younger than many posters here, and haven't been through as many years of heatbreak as some of you (my first taste of heartbreak was 1986, and I don't even remember much of that).   My dad, OTOH, has been through it all, as has his father.  But since 2004, he has not found the need to complain about much in regard to the team. MY dad reminds me all the time that these are great times to be a Red Sox fan.

Believe me, I get frustrated, and the losses hit me pretty hard.  This season has been maddening.  I get down on players from time to time.  I criticize them from time to time.  I'm just not going to dwell on it.   I, by no means, think everything is rosy with this team.  This organization is highly dysfunctional, IMO.  It's just my nature to try to see and focus on the postive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No crying thread : I've yet to see Kimmi call some other poster here "insipid" or "a fool", so to try to equate her posting style to yours is weak and pathetic. I'm betting that the "many" you refer to are actually three members of Sawxheads. But considering half the board left, I suppose that constitutes a majority there now. Kimmi and the "insipid, syrupy" posters left. You and your buddies won. It's not enough for you though, is it? You're massive ego wont allow you to let it go, and the fact that's there's no one left at Sawkheads to argue with means you had to start up your warped campaign against Kimmi here. Anyone with an ounce of integrity would've let it go.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

Thanks again FourBs. 

You are a true friend.  Kiss

That said, this is the exact reason I left Sawxheads.  I don't wish to participate in any of this type of back and forth.  I probably have already done so more than I should have.

I am finished with this discussion.   :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]  pumpsie, Equally annoying is when anyone takes a portion of another's post in order to make their own point, one not intended by the originator. What you responded to is only the first paragraph of my post. You completely ignore the following paragraphs which qualify the first, and in doing so, you suggest a meaning that I didn't imply. With all due respect, Your Majesty (inside joke), I would appreciate it if in the future you wish to comment on what I have posted that you comment on the entire post and not attempt to infer an overall meaning that I did not intend to convey.

No problem Antibody. Not intended to offend you. It was meant to convey that I agree with THIS PART of your post but not necessarily the rest of it. In the future I will simply post the whole thing and bold, italicize, or underline the part to which I am referring.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No crying thread : No problem Antibody. Not intended to offend you. It was meant to convey that I agree with THIS PART of your post but not necessarily the rest of it. In the future I will simply post the whole thing and bold, italicize, or underline the part to which I am referring.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

Didn't mean to sound like I was coming down on you. It's just that lately there have been other posters who have done that to me. I'd write several paragraphs on a subject and they would pick out a sentance or two to respond to and completely mis-represent what I was saying, then not respond when I called them on it. Cowardly to say the least. I've gotten pretty damn sick of that sort of thing and I seem to have taken it out on you. For that I apologize.

Also, I am not offended. I hope you will feel free to respond to any parts of my posts that you might disagree with. I don't mind hearing opposing viewpoints. I'm not so thin skinned that I can't handle different opinions, as long as they are not dictatorial or descend into insults. I will lose patience with that.

I remain,
    Your humble servant
    antibodyLaughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No crying thread : I am younger than many posters here, and haven't been through as many years of heatbreak as some of you (my first taste of heartbreak was 1986, and I don't even remember much of that).   My dad, OTOH, has been through it all, as has his father.  But since 2004, he has not found the need to complain about much in regard to the team. MY dad reminds me all the time that these are great times to be a Red Sox fan. Believe me, I get frustrated, and the losses hit me pretty hard.  This season has been maddening.  I get down on players from time to time.  I criticize them from time to time.  I'm just not going to dwell on it.   I, by no means, think everything is rosy with this team.  This organization is highly dysfunctional, IMO.  It's just my nature to try to see and focus on the postive.

'86 was a real killer, no doubt. I've  seen most if not all of the things your dad has Sox-wise. He's right. It is a good time to be a Red Sox fan. In fact I believe it's always been a good time to be a Red Sox fan (if that isn't too rah-rah for some of you). I don't know how old you are (I'm guessing 20's) but to give you some perspective, when I was 23, the first World Championship I'd get to see was 25 years in the future, and it had gotten hard to believe I would ever see one. My dad was born in 1917 so technically there was one in his lifetime but he was obviously too young to enjoy it. He died in 1988, a disappointed but loyal fan.

Why am I telling you these things? IDK, maybe to help you and some other young fans in understanding why some of us geezahs don't get too excited about or too disappointed by things day to day or even year to year. We've been there before and it was worse. No big deal.

In '04, when they "broke the curse", especially in the way they did it, (once the shock wore off), I was so happy!!! I was also worried. Happy to see what I thought I never would. Concerned about the things that would change. And they did. Another Championship inside of three years. That was very special. A thing to be savored and enjoyed. It was then that my fears began to be realized. A sense of entitlement crept in.  Some Red Sox fans started to act as though they deserve championships. As though championships are their right. They started to sound like old time Yankee fans. And many of them are younger fans That's probably my greatest disappointment over the last ten years. The fact that fans (and not just younger ones, curmudgeons like myself as well) don't seem to appreciate how special those Championships were.

The reality is that we may not get there, or even come close, for a while. Ownership is lost. Many fans here have seen this team slipping since '09 and just now the principal owner is "perplexed"? Not good.

I guess where I'm trying to go with this, in my rambling way,  is that if all we're headed for is a few years of mediocrity, it ain't that bad. We can take it. We have been to the top. If it can be done once it can be done again. So take some advice from an old fool...er, ah fan. Have some patience and don't get too high or too low and by all means keep on cheering.

Is that too rah-rah for some of you?
    Too bad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; No crying thread:
    [QUOTE]Anyone ever hear the saying "It is what it is"?  Well, it is what it is for better or worse. I'm still in. I don't care how many posters on this board are set on crying and complaining about what is. I especially don't care about the posters who show up here that no one even knows. I'm going to enjoy watching the games and rooting my team on. So there. If you're into whining and complaining about things you cannot change, then this thread is not for you. So, just close it up, and join your pals on the many crying threads that fill the board. Go Sox! 
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Still another Kim thread bumped up. See the pattern here. The invisible bumper hates Kim. This is being done because she is a positive poster.

If there is a pattern it points to you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No crying thread : '86 was a real killer, no doubt. I've  seen most if not all of the things your dad has Sox-wise. He's right. It is a good time to be a Red Sox fan. In fact I believe it's always been a good time to be a Red Sox fan (if that isn't too rah-rah for some of you). I don't know how old you are (I'm guessing 20's) but to give you some perspective, when I was 23, the first World Championship I'd get to see was 25 years in the future, and it had gotten hard to believe I would ever see one. My dad was born in 1917 so technically there was one in his lifetime but he was obviously too young to enjoy it. He died in 1988, a disappointed but loyal fan. Why am I telling you these things? IDK, maybe to help you and some other young fans in understanding why some of us geezahs don't get too excited about or too disappointed by things day to day or even year to year. We've been there before and it was worse. No big deal. In '04, when they "broke the curse", especially in the way they did it, (once the shock wore off), I was so happy!!! I was also worried. Happy to see what I thought I never would. Concerned about the things that would change. And they did. Another Championship inside of three years. That was very special. A thing to be savored and enjoyed. It was then that my fears began to be realized. A sense of entitlement crept in.  Some Red Sox fans started to act as though they deserve championships. As though championships are their right. They started to sound like old time Yankee fans. And many of them are younger fans That's probably my greatest disappointment over the last ten years. The fact that fans (and not just younger ones, curmudgeons like myself as well) don't seem to appreciate how special those Championships were. The reality is that we may not get there, or even come close, for a while. Ownership is lost. Many fans here have seen this team slipping since '09 and just now the principal owner is "perplexed"? Not good. I guess where I'm trying to go with this, in my rambling way,  is that if all we're headed for is a few years of mediocrity, it ain't that bad. We can take it. We have been to the top. If it can be done once it can be done again. So take some advice from an old fool...er, ah fan. Have some patience and don't get too high or too low and by all means keep on cheering. Is that too rah-rah for some of you? Too bad.

Thanks for sharing Antibody.  I understand where you're coming from.  I agree about the sense of entitlement creeping in, and I don't like it.  I want to win as much as the next person, but I realize that winning every year is unrealistic.

I am very emotionally invested in the Red Sox.  I do get very excited when they win a big game, and I get pretty down when they lose.  I know it's just a game, and really is not important in the big scheme of things, but I can't help it.

As far as being a positive fan or a negative fan, I don't think that really has much to do with how long someone has been a fan.  I've seen positive and negative in the older fans, and I've seen positive and negative in the younger fans.  I think how a person supports or roots for his/her team depends more on that person's disposition, not on how long they have suffered through the bad times.