no disrespect intended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

no disrespect intended

while someone is ill...but I am REALLY enjoying the NESN feed with out Remy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: no disrespect intended

ya know, as much as I hate to admit it I kind of agree with you. last nite listen to DO and the guy who filled in was very enjoyable. they actually did talk alot about the game and not a hint of jibberish. I think the other guy was a former catcher. I hope he comes back tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

that was greg zhann (sp) hammah. he was a catcher. i believe he announces now for the jays. i think anytime there's someone new, it breaks up the same old, same old. i do like remy tho.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

i enjoy Remy.  But, have to say, in his absense, Eck has really grown on me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

perhaps the best thing for everyone, including remy,

is that he comes back part time

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyBoston4. Show DeweyBoston4's posts

Yes but who can beat Don and Jerry laughing about the thrown piece of pizza for twenty minutes nonstop or when Frede interviewed someone who was talking about his new wife and said that she had the new wife smell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

that was greg zhann (sp) hammah. he was a catcher. i believe he announces now for the jays. i think anytime there's someone new, it breaks up the same old, same old. i do like remy tho.

that's right J, I was trying to remember his name. but how could he be with DO if he announces for the Jays???

now don't get me wrong, I love the remdog and DO as the nesn team. however, like spaceman said, the eck has grown on me too. course, I really like it when the guys in the booth get animated sometimes. Eck looks like he could still throw doesn't he.

I'm wondering J, do you remember when the remdog played for the sox and his nickname was "scooter"? he was fast as fast could be. I'm guessing that you were probably too young to remember that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Seriously, let's not go off on Rem-Dawg.  He has had cancer and now he has pneumonia. That's not a good combination.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: no disrespect intended:
    [QUOTE]Yes but who can beat Don and Jerry laughing about the thrown piece of pizza for twenty minutes nonstop or when Frede interviewed someone who was talking about his new wife and said that she had the new wife smell.
    Posted by DeweyBoston4[/QUOTE]
    you don't find that "entertaining"?
    I agree Zahn was very good, added a lot of insught that we usually never get from the yuk twins.
    Also agree Eck is even better than last year. Guy can break down a pitcher and explain it giving a great perspective of what is unfolding

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

[QUOTE]i enjoy Remy.  But, have to say, in his absense, Eck has really grown on me.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

+1!  ECK ALL THE WAY! MORE MOSS! MORE CHEESE! 

Eck is hilarious!  Imagine Eck, Rem, and Orsillo... Orsillo would pee his pants like a little girl laughing all the time!  They'd have him in stitches...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

when remy was out a few years ago, they had announcers from other teams fill in on the road. professional courtesy i guess.

i do remember Remy hammah,  my favorite all time second baseman is Mike Andrews, but pedey is moving in! what i remember most was jim rice carrying remy off the field like a rag doll when he hurt his knee. a friend of mine's nephew worked at NESN last summer as an intern. said remy, orsillo and rice were all great to him. said rice is HUGE!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm not going off on the Rem-dawg, not at all, but I DID find Zauhnn (SP?) to be entertaining.  I learned a lot about the 'art" of catching from him last night.  He was MUCH better than that Yahoo who worked with DO in Baltimore and whose name I fortunately have a mental block toward now.  He was HORRIBLE. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]i enjoy Remy.  But, have to say, in his absense, Eck has really grown on me.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I like Eck too except sometimes I think Orsillo pushes his key words like "Moss" and "Cheese" too much.
      While I thought Zauhn was informative,I also thought he was difficult to listen to because he spoke with such a monotone voice. 
       Remy gets a little full of himself,but he has pretty good chemistry with Orsillo and is knowledgeable about the team and the game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: no disrespect intended : you don't find that "entertaining"? I agree Zahn was very good, added a lot of insught that we usually never get from the yuk twins. Also agree Eck is even better than last year. Guy can break down a pitcher and explain it giving a great perspective of what is unfolding
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

I found it very entertaining. I was rolling on the floor over it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyBoston4. Show DeweyBoston4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: no disrespect intended : you don't find that "entertaining"? I agree Zahn was very good, added a lot of insught that we usually never get from the yuk twins. Also agree Eck is even better than last year. Guy can break down a pitcher and explain it giving a great perspective of what is unfolding
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

I found it to be very funny and entertaining.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Seriously, let's not go off on Rem-Dawg.  He has had cancer and now he has pneumonia. That's not a good combination.

Summer, I don't think anyone is going off on Remdog. Nobody loves and respects him in here more than I do. I'm also a cancer survivor and am quite worried about his pneumonia. especially since he had lung cancer and pneumonia can be really serious in his case.  as the origional OP said. no disrespect intended.

my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family and I hope he recovers real soon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyBoston4. Show DeweyBoston4's posts

Majority of one - the thread starter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from theyaz. Show theyaz's posts

i'd like to see and hear denis leary and the whole crew of RESCUE ME do the games.
    leary is a lot funnier than eck., although both are cool.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'll agree 100% with what mrmojo said.

Remy has good chemistry with Orsillo. Orsillo becomes too much of a comedian when with Eckersley. And he's not particularly funny to the rest of us. He's like Costello without Abbott.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from theyaz. Show theyaz's posts

or lewis w/o martin, or laurel w/o hardy, or garfunkle  w/o simon, or
    peter w/o paul and mary, or rowen w/o martin, or mutt w/o jeff, or frick w/o frack, or on w/o on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't like any of them, so I turn the sound off.  Radio announcers, on the other hand, are usually terrific.  What I most dislike about Orsillo and Remy is that they clown around a lot during the game.  Plus of course they do those interviews--totally irrelevant to the game--while the game is being played.  Give me the radio guys first, last, and always. 

Remy was a good player for the Sox, so I hope his health returns soon and he can return to the booth. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts