NO GAME THREAD THURSDAY, 7/03/14

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

NO GAME THREAD THURSDAY, 7/03/14

Good news for SOX fans, there will be no game this evening. The embarrassing activities will start up again tomorrow night against the Orioles. 

Pete Abraham reports: "In today's exhibition game against the Bad News Bears, the SOX, thanks to a home run by David Ross, snuck by with a 1-0 victory. This was great news for the SOX FO. Ben C. stated that this win proves the SOX are more than capable of contending without any major trades." 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: NO GAME THREAD THURSDAY, 7/03/14

Does this mean we lost  again ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Does this count as a full day off for Ortiz?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Rays blowing their chance to pick up 1/2 game on SOX tonight. Losing to Tigers 6-1.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

This thread is going nowhere, so here's a perfect place to predict how many games do you think the SOX will win this year. 

I'll start and say 68.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

Rays blowing their chance to pick up 1/2 game on SOX tonight. Losing to Tigers 6-1.

Excellent news. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This thread is going nowhere, so here's a perfect place to predict how many games do you think the SOX will win this year. 

I'll start and say 68.

Today, I feel like 72.  Ouch. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

This team has to win less games than the Valentine team. This way we can all make peace with Bobby.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

wouldnt be complete with Pete! Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Strange but true Mookie Betts tales: guy who caught his first HR was a former summer league opponent from his HS days in Tenn.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Farrell: "There’s a full half-season to go here. We recognize fully where we are in the standings and what our record indicates."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    MLB announces Alfredo Aceves suspended for 50 games for second positive test for a drug of abuse.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Aceves has more pitching talent than 75 percent of the guys in the guys in the big leagues. A real shame whatever happened to him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

‏@PeteAbe
    Lots of people asking about #RedSox game Friday. Told there are no plans for a preemptive postponement. They’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Its suppose to bring a lot of water!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

‏@PeteAbe
    #RedSox catching prospect Christian Vazquez added to Futures Game roster. Replaces Atlanta’s Christian Bethancourt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It was Aceves who used to call scoreless innings that he pitched 'potatoes'.

The Red Sox offense this year has put up way too many potatoes on the board.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This team has to win less games than the Valentine team. This way we can all make peace with Bobby.

Personally, the last thing I want to hear is that we're 'worse than with Valentine'.  'Beat 69' gives us a more positive goal.  It sounds really obscene too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

‏@PeteAbe
    Farrell: "There’s a full half-season to go here. We recognize fully where we are in the standings and what our record indicates."

Was that Farrell spin supposed to mean anything?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

It was Aceves who used to call scoreless innings that he pitched 'potatoes'.

The Red Sox offense this year has put up way too many potatoes on the board.  

The SOX aren't made up of STUDS, the SOX are made up of SPUDS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I'm beginning to wonder if Farrell is really motivating these guys.  I know he has his favorites.  That, in itself, isn't healthy for the morale.

Just wondering.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

George Scott used to hit 'taters'.

Bogey..funny with the 'spuds'....LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

I'm beginning to wonder if Farrell is really motivating these guys.  I know he has his favorites.  That, in itself, isn't healthy for the morale.

Just wondering.......

I'm not a Farrell fan, but there must be some part of managing he's strong in. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

George Scott used to hit 'taters'.

Bogey..funny with the 'spuds'....LOL

If home runs were 'taters' for this current team, there would be a potato famine in Boston.

Sections
Shortcuts