No Guts, No Heart, No Character

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bootis4745. Show bootis4745's posts

No Guts, No Heart, No Character

This Team does not deserve to make the playoffs. End it now and spare us all the agony of having to watch this Undisciplined Mob make fools of themselves with their most probable early exit.

This Team has no heart, no guts, no character. I have been a Sox Fan since 1967 and this is one of the worst displays of non-performance I have seen from any team.

Management spent lots of money to put together a Championship Team and players are supposed to step up and earn the big $$ they get. What did we get in return for these high-price baby's?, a bunch of nightly Post-Game excuses of we'll do better tomorrow night. Well guys we have just about run out of tomorrow nights.

The boos last night were long over-do and well-deserved for this faux-team.

This team needs a little Vince Lombardi style discipline.

I am not a Dallas Cowboys Fan, but watching Tony Romo lead his team to victory playing with fractured Ribs and punctured Lung was inspiring. Obviously this Red Sox Team did not watch this display of leadership and toughness.

What do Red Sox Fans get for the hundred multi-million dollar payroll payouts for these wimps? Sore Ankle, can't play, bruised back, can't play, stiff neck, can't play, I have a sore thumb, I can't play either and I will be in the training room.

Simply Embarrassing and pathetic!!!!!!!!

Late in the season and during the Post-Season it should be 'all hands on deck'. It appears that what we bought and paid for with this team is a team of malingerer bench-sitters who do not answer the call to duty when needed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Re: No Guts, No Heart, No Character

In Response to No Guts, No Heart, No Character:
    [QUOTE]This Team does not deserve to make the playoffs. End it now and spare us all the agony of having to watch this Undisciplined Mob make fools of themselves with their most probable early exit. This Team has no heart, no guts, no character. I have been a Sox Fan since 1967 and this is one of the worst displays of non-performance I have seen from any team. Management spent lots of money to put together a Championship Team and players are supposed to step up and earn the big $$ they get. What did we get in return for these high-price baby's?, a bunch of nightly Post-Game excuses of we'll do better tomorrow night. Well guys we have just about run out of tomorrow nights. The boos last night were long over-do and well-deserved for this faux-team. This team needs a little Vince Lombardi style discipline. I am not a Dallas Cowboys Fan, but watching Tony Romo lead his team to victory playing with fractured Ribs and punctured Lung was inspiring. Obviously this Red Sox Team did not watch this display of leadership and toughness. What do Red Sox Fans get for the hundred multi-million dollar payroll payouts for these wimps? Sore Ankle, can't play, bruised back, can't play, stiff neck, can't play, I have a sore thumb, I can't play either and I will be in the training room. Simply Embarrassing and pathetic!!!!!!!! Late in the season and during the Post-Season it should be 'all hands on deck'. It appears that what we bought and paid for with this team is a team of malingerer bench-sitters who do not answer the call to duty when needed.
    Posted by bootis4745[/QUOTE]

Amen to that, but don't hope to get it from "Hi, I want to be your friend" Tito

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to No Guts, No Heart, No Character:
    [QUOTE]This Team does not deserve to make the playoffs. End it now and spare us all the agony of having to watch this Undisciplined Mob make fools of themselves with their most probable early exit. This Team has no heart, no guts, no character. I have been a Sox Fan since 1967 and this is one of the worst displays of non-performance I have seen from any team. Management spent lots of money to put together a Championship Team and players are supposed to step up and earn the big $$ they get. What did we get in return for these high-price baby's?, a bunch of nightly Post-Game excuses of we'll do better tomorrow night. Well guys we have just about run out of tomorrow nights. The boos last night were long over-do and well-deserved for this faux-team. This team needs a little Vince Lombardi style discipline. I am not a Dallas Cowboys Fan, but watching Tony Romo lead his team to victory playing with fractured Ribs and punctured Lung was inspiring. Obviously this Red Sox Team did not watch this display of leadership and toughness. What do Red Sox Fans get for the hundred multi-million dollar payroll payouts for these wimps? Sore Ankle, can't play, bruised back, can't play, stiff neck, can't play, I have a sore thumb, I can't play either and I will be in the training room. Simply Embarrassing and pathetic!!!!!!!! Late in the season and during the Post-Season it should be 'all hands on deck'. It appears that what we bought and paid for with this team is a team of malingerer bench-sitters who do not answer the call to duty when needed.
    Posted by bootis4745[/QUOTE]

You sound like you are a Dr. Phil who travels with the team. Also, where did you get your medical degree from?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

last time a Boston athlete played with broken ribs, he got booed out of town on a rail...Jumbo Joe Thornton--for not producing. Who is kidding who, if they played hurt, they would look like a broken player---think Mike Lowell last year or Youkilis recently. JD Drew has it right. He's actually one of the most intelligent, articulate players in all of professional sports. He realizes that by sitting out and rehabbing, he will have in fact earned his paycheck. All he has to do is follow the medical advice of the Sox doctors, who obviously are very good at what they do. . .*crickets*  The very fact that people squirm in watching Reddick hit like a career minor leaguer or McDonald outplay Crawford, well by that I mean hit better, not hands of Jeff Stone of Darnell's outfield defense, that makes Drew relevant having not played for months. He has become relevant again. He'll retire in a few weeks, but not without being in the news.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Yankees have sidelined Phil Hughes with a sore back. I wonder if Yankee Nation is calling him a sissy?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I thought this thread was about the fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Re: No Guts, No Heart, No Character:
    [QUOTE]I thought this thread was about the fans.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Good one. LOL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If you believe that then go some where and jump off a bridge.
    Obviously you have no idea of the psyche of a pro athlete.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

I personally have never been more disappointed in  Sox team than this team.

I'm not talking about injuries, poor managing, or lack of talent, I'm talking about of effort, player's not playing thru pain, seemingly having no heart, and in general no one to kick them in the butt, and seemingly lackadisical attitude.

If you play haRd every game and leave everything on the field and come up  short, no one can complain, but to have the amount of talent the Sox have and continue to flounder is unExceptable.

Everything starts at thE TOP, ANd trickles down, so the FO, the manager, down to the player's, no one is exempt.

I did not see one player ever take charge and put the team on his back. I saw no leadership. Maybe I just did not see that and I may be wrong, but where are the veterans on this team?

I am again totally disappointed in this team, and say that a MAJOR overhaul is in order.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I love the Sox and have been a fan for 50 years but I am more disappointed in this team than any other one.  This team is soft.  They have no heart and they play stupid baseball.  A lot of them don't hustle.  They give up too easily when they get behind.  Theo has done a terrible job this year.  No good team can have Darnell McDonald on it all year.  Pathetic.  The pitching staff is horrendus.  There are very few leaders on this team.  I haven't got upset the last two nights because I am becoming accustomed to the inept play of this team so I am not surprised by anything they do.  The way things were going I just knew that Paplebon would blow the save on Tuesday.  I am now surprised if DMAC or Reddick actually catches a ball or if Lackey gets a guy out.  That is sad. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Somehow this team doesn't seem the have the necessary chemistry to pull together and limit losing streaks.     One of those 25 guys - 25 cabs type of a team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

What's embarassing and pathetic are posts blaming the entire team.  Accusing the team of not playing with heart.  not playing injured.  etc.

The Red Sox are averaging 5.8 runs per game for the month of September.  The players with no heart, no guts, no character are scoring 6 runs every night.  The defense has had some lapses but they have also come up with great, great plays.  Ellsbury made a great catch last night and Agon made a great diving grab on a hit grounder (TV didn't do it justice).

Unfortunately, the pitching staff is giving up 6.5 runs per inning.

Lester has done OK, Pap has played great this month with an era of 1.59.  Aceves has pithced great with an era of 2.04.  Atchison has played well, posting an era of 2.16.  Unfortunately, no one else on the team has an era for September under 4.00.

Oh, the starting are averaging 5 innings per start for the month.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Well stated, dirtywaterlover.  This team is snakebit, and the venom is lousy starting pitching.  It not only gets the Sox behind and puts undue pressure on the bullpen, it also undermines everything else. 

Peter Abraham points out that, in the Sox 18 most recent games, the starters have produced two good starts, both of which the Sox won.  In the other two wins, the Sox scored 18 runs in each game. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to No Guts, No Heart, No Character : Fan since 1967? Yeah...I seriously doubt that
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

you doubt everything you boring apologist.
    do me a big favor and promise when your idol dumbtheo gets canned, that you will disappear with him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Guts, No Heart, No Character : Stop using facts and common sense when posting on here. The truth is the Sox have no heart and don't play hard...lol 
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

the truth is the peskypoler has no brain and doesn't post well. this would be a lol if it wasn't true.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

Sounds like the same post that the FEW MORONS over at SAWXHEADS post on a daily basis win or lose. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]What's embarassing and pathetic are posts blaming the entire team.  Accusing the team of not playing with heart.  not playing injured.  etc. The Red Sox are averaging 5.8 runs per game for the month of September.  The players with no heart, no guts, no character are scoring 6 runs every night.  The defense has had some lapses but they have also come up with great, great plays.  Ellsbury made a great catch last night and Agon made a great diving grab on a hit grounder (TV didn't do it justice). Unfortunately, the pitching staff is giving up 6.5 runs per inning. Lester has done OK, Pap has played great this month with an era of 1.59.  Aceves has pithced great with an era of 2.04.  Atchison has played well, posting an era of 2.16.  Unfortunately, no one else on the team has an era for September under 4.00. Oh, the starting are averaging 5 innings per start for the month.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]
    this post says it all. so let's see what happens from here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Guts, No Heart, No Character : the truth is the peskypoler has no brain and doesn't post well. this would be a lol if it wasn't true.
    Posted by sadsax[/QUOTE]

So try this.  Peter Abraham says starting pitching, pure and simple, is what's ailing the Sox.  Do you agree or do you want to fall back on indicting the entire team with "not guts, not heart, no character?"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Guts, No Heart, No Character : So try this.  Peter Abraham says starting pitching, pure and simple, is what's ailing the Sox.  Do you agree or do you want to fall back on indicting the entire team with "not guts, not heart, no character?"
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

1st off, i didn't indict the team. i don't know where you got that from.
    2nd off, i don't like peskypoler.
    i have indicted dumbtheo and his sidekick 'coma as the 2 major blames for this team's collapse.
    maybe this year, my hopes that both will be gone will come true.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Starting pitching is not a panacea. This team is finding ways to lose, in every facet of the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Guts, No Heart, No Character : So try this.  Peter Abraham says starting pitching, pure and simple, is what's ailing the Sox.  Do you agree or do you want to fall back on indicting the entire team with "not guts, not heart, no character?"
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Peter has nailed the issue. I do not think they are soft. But with the play in the left side of the if and rf, you cannot blame anyone but bad luck. Yes there is no room for a stiff like Reddick. I refuse to give up on CC. I have been a Sox fan since I was 8 years old in Michigan, and I have seen this team implode so many times, that I cannot watch games. In the event they make the playoffs, it will really get ugly.

Sections
Shortcuts