No Guts, No Heart, No Character

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: No Guts, No Heart, No Character

In Response to Re: No Guts, No Heart, No Character:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Guts, No Heart, No Character : 1st off, i didn't indict the team. i don't know where you got that from. 2nd off, i don't like peskypoler. i have indicted dumbtheo and his sidekick 'coma as the 2 major blames for this team's collapse. maybe this year, my hopes that both will be gone will come true.
    Posted by sadsax[/QUOTE]

If you want to blame Theo and Tito, then that is certainly your right, but you'd be wrong, particularly about Tito.

The team is losing because of the pitching staff.  The BP is overtaxed because the starters are giving up too many runs and can't go deep into games.

The starters aren't getting the job done because 3 of the 5 starters aren't very good.  This is putting pressure on the Lester and Beckett to be perfect.

Lackey is the only person that has no excuse for his performance.

Wakefield shouldn't be in the rotation.  He was never expected to start as many games as he has. 

Bedard is OK but he's been hurt and has not beenable to find his may/June form.

Miller and Weiland are not ready for prime time.  Miller is a reclamation project and Weiland isn't a major league pitcher.

A starting rotation with a healthy Beckett, Lester, Buch, Dice-K and Lackey is a really good rotation.  Have Wakefield on the roster in case you need a 6th starter and see if Miller, Jenks and Aceves can be fixed. 

But Dice-K and Buch go down.  Even so, a rotation of Beckett, Lester, Lackey, Wakefield and Miller/Aceves should still be good enough. 

But Jenks doesn't pan out, Miller is OK for a few starts but can't find any consistency.  Aceves is needed in the pen because it's worn out and Jenks' role needs to be filled.

They should get BP help, but because Lackey is so bad, they have to get a good #3 starter.

They have no one ready in the minors because they traded their best pitching prospect to SD for Gonzo.

The performances of Crawford, Redding, JD Drew, Varitek, are Youk are immaterial because the offense has been great all year and continues to score runs.

Blame Theo if you must for signing Lackey, but Lackey should not be this bad.  And if Buch hadn't gotten hurt, they would have traded for BP help instead of bedard.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Guts, No Heart, No Character : I will promise you. What screen name will you be on then? I know you will still be in Mom's basement 
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

how's not making the playoffs floating your boat?
    makes you want to jump off a pole don't it?

try and find one that's really high.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Guts, No Heart, No Character : So try this.  Peter Abraham says starting pitching, pure and simple, is what's ailing the Sox.  Do you agree or do you want to fall back on indicting the entire team with "not guts, not heart, no character?"
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

I agree w/ Peter to some extent. They say injuries are no excuse which I think is so much BS. It's a FACT that when the heart of the pitching staff is sitting on the DL, and you have no choice but to send to the mound the Weilands , Millers, and an aging knuckle baller to the mound at such a critical time, it doesn't bode well for success and we're seeing the result.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

I guess Peskypole you didn't understand my post, I said everyonr shares the blame for the collaspe, I did not bash Theo or Terry, I said  the Sox have a ton of talent, so I guess they have underachieved. 

Now you say the Sox have a ton of talent, so Terry must be doing a great job. I fail to see with a talented team that has fallen off the face of the earth and virtually out of serious contention, where you could Terry has done his job to perfection. That doesn't make sense.

I'll agree the injuries to our pitching staff realy turned the Sox into a medicore team, so that is not Francona'a fault, but again Theo should have seen this and gone out and got another pitcher or two.  H e signed Millwood, then choose to not bring him up.  Now would Millwood have helped, we don't know, but wouldn't a pitcher with 160 or so ML wins and experience been a better option than a pitcher[weiland] with no ML experience?

Also why is it that if a poster doesn't seem to like Terry's  managerials skills or lack of them, then those who like Francona always seem to resort to name calling.  Disagreeing isn't all bad, but trying to belittle is.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Perhaps Peanut, your post history has established your reputation. Go back and look at all of your previous posts and decide for yourself why others react as they do to you. Many have arrived at the conclusion that you are a concern troll.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

40 years i have been loyal to this team, feeling their pain and sharing in their joy. this is the first time I felt embarassed to be on this bandwagon. the op headed this thread perfectly. i could live with mistakes on the field or from the managers over the years, but what i am seeing is simply pathetic. If i get to point 1 finger it would go at Lackey for his lack of everything in this heading and the fact he has to be a morale buster

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]40 years i have been loyal to this team, feeling their pain and sharing in their joy. this is the first time I felt embarassed to be on this bandwagon. the op headed this thread perfectly. i could live with mistakes on the field or from the managers over the years, but what i am seeing is simply pathetic. If i get to point 1 finger it would go at Lackey for his lack of everything in this heading and the fact he has to be a morale buster
    Posted by feelec[/QUOTE]

RSN is disappointed and distraught. Ten million Red Sox fans out there and only fifty come to this forum and preach to the choir. Makes you wonder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to No Guts, No Heart, No Character:
    [QUOTE]This Team does not deserve to make the playoffs. End it now and spare us all the agony of having to watch this Undisciplined Mob make fools of themselves with their most probable early exit. This Team has no heart, no guts, no character. I have been a Sox Fan since 1967 and this is one of the worst displays of non-performance I have seen from any team. Management spent lots of money to put together a Championship Team and players are supposed to step up and earn the big $$ they get. What did we get in return for these high-price baby's?, a bunch of nightly Post-Game excuses of we'll do better tomorrow night. Well guys we have just about run out of tomorrow nights. The boos last night were long over-do and well-deserved for this faux-team. This team needs a little Vince Lombardi style discipline. I am not a Dallas Cowboys Fan, but watching Tony Romo lead his team to victory playing with fractured Ribs and punctured Lung was inspiring. Obviously this Red Sox Team did not watch this display of leadership and toughness. What do Red Sox Fans get for the hundred multi-million dollar payroll payouts for these wimps? Sore Ankle, can't play, bruised back, can't play, stiff neck, can't play, I have a sore thumb, I can't play either and I will be in the training room. Simply Embarrassing and pathetic!!!!!!!! Late in the season and during the Post-Season it should be 'all hands on deck'. It appears that what we bought and paid for with this team is a team of malingerer bench-sitters who do not answer the call to duty when needed.
    Posted by bootis4745[/QUOTE]

No Guts,No Heart,No Character ,sound like all the negative posters on here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Tony Romo is a big woos.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]What's embarassing and pathetic are posts blaming the entire team.  Accusing the team of not playing with heart.  not playing injured.  etc. The Red Sox are averaging 5.8 runs per game for the month of September.  The players with no heart, no guts, no character are scoring 6 runs every night.  The defense has had some lapses but they have also come up with great, great plays.  Ellsbury made a great catch last night and Agon made a great diving grab on a hit grounder (TV didn't do it justice). Unfortunately, the pitching staff is giving up 6.5 runs per inning. Lester has done OK, Pap has played great this month with an era of 1.59.  Aceves has pithced great with an era of 2.04.  Atchison has played well, posting an era of 2.16.  Unfortunately, no one else on the team has an era for September under 4.00. Oh, the starting are averaging 5 innings per start for the month.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]
    I think you're being a bit disingenuous with your numbers. While the Sox have averaged 5.8 runs a game in September, you have to look closer to find the real story. The Sox are 5-16 or the month. In their 5 wins they have averaged a whopping 13.2 runs per game. In their 16 losses they have only averaged 3.5 rpg. And if you take out the 11-10 loss to the Jays they are barely over 3 rpg in the other 15. This collapse has been a total team effort. Certainly the pitching has been putrid but the pitchers didn't go 1-20 with RISP in the three losses to the Orioles.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

To Beaconhill19, I really don't know what a troll is, I guess I considered a troll as a fan of some other team, not the Sox.

But I am simply of life long Sox fan[and a huge loyal fan] who lives and dies with the Sox each and every game. I could bore you witzh my life long love affair with the Sox, but Believe me I am as  big a Sox fan as anyone.

Maybe I waer my feelings on my sleeves a  little to much, or to emotional at times, but, but alwaysa nd forever a Sox fan. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

[QUOTE]To Beaconhill19, I really don't know what a troll is, I guess I considered a troll as a fan of some other team, not the Sox. But I am simply of life long Sox fan[and a huge loyal fan] who lives and dies with the Sox each and every game. I could bore you witzh my life long love affair with the Sox, but Believe me I am as  big a Sox fan as anyone. Maybe I waer my feelings on my sleeves a  little to much, or to emotional at times, but, but alwaysa nd forever a Sox fan. 
    Posted by peanutandme[/QUOTE]

don't worry about beacon hill (also known as pike and your-echo). he has issues
     and hopefully a real troll will scare him into sanity.

Sections
Shortcuts