no HANNY, NO BAILEY, who BAILS out our HANNYs from the FOXES now?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: no HANNY, NO BAILEY, who BAILS out our HANNYs from the FOXES now?

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

u get 2 ace closers, who would think both would go down with the same injury? taza wa is the closer?

That would be my guess too.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Uehara would be my choice.

They'll have to bring up someone, right? - do they give bard another shot at somekind of low-level BP role? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I think Taz would be the logical choice.  I don't want to see Ace in that roll...or any roll for that matter.  Uehara is solid but he can't really pitch back to back games.  I think he's perfect as a setup man/situational pitcher.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I think Taz would be the logical choice.  I don't want to see Ace in that roll...or any roll for that matter.  Uehara is solid but he can't really pitch back to back games.  I think he's perfect as a setup man/situational pitcher.

Yeah I see your point. I think Tazawa could do very well in the closer role. 

I guess I like the fact that Taz can pitch two innings in row if needed & i find that just as valuable as a closer. I wouldn't advocate Uehara as closer for more than a 2-3 week bandaid until someone Bailey came off the DL. If he can't pitch two days in a row, and that situation IS foreseeable, then he simply would not be available. 

{ shruggs }

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

If they do in fact bring back Aceves ( & I shutter at the thought ), the only silverlining is he builds up some future trade value. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Probably both Uehara and Tazawa.  Why designate a closer?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I forgot about Breslow, who can pitch a inning or (more importantly) two. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

until bailey returns, closer by committee may be the way to go.

also, it would be considerate of both bailey and hanrahan, if they could take turns getting injured instead of at the same time.

That would be ideal. Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

They'll have to bring up someone, right? - do they give bard another shot at somekind of low-level BP role? 

Bard is done for awhile. While certainly a temp answer, Ace may have to be the man since he is the only guy who has been in the spot of closer, Unsatisfactory, of course, but not a whole lot worse than Hanny. Bad news and all MLB knows it, putting Ben on the spot. Don't ruin Taz or U

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

As has been the case all year so far Farrell and Nieves have done the right move.

IMHO I can see Aceves or DeLaTorre or Beato. I know two are not on roster but they are doing well so far.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

This business with Hanrahan is odd. It seems to me he's simply getting killed every time he takes the field, and the Sox are trying to nurse him along before he loses all confidence (if he hasn't already). The hamstring injury I never bought. Why on Earth would you have a guy with a tight hamstring pitching in cold weather? Now this sudden forearm tightness? 

He needs to be moved to some kind of mop-up role. Then if he got on a roll he could be moved into pressure situations. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:

In response to emp9's comment:

Bard is done for awhile. While certainly a temp answer, Ace may have to be the man since he is the only guy who has been in the spot of closer, Unsatisfactory, of course, but not a whole lot worse than Hanny. Bad news and all MLB knows it, putting Ben on the spot. Don't ruin Taz or U

Uehara had 13 SVs in 15 SO for Bal in 2010. It didn't ruin him. 

Regarding Tazmania, like Farrell said: " Opportunity is rewarded by performance ". Seriously, where would this team be w/out Tazawa right now? .500?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

In response to trantor's comment:

Old Pittsburgh newspaper articles  plus Hanrahan's own quotes collaborated on the fact that he got hamstring injuries every April in recent years. 

True, but was he also getting shelled every time out? The documented prior hamstring issues make the hamstring a good cover story. I just find it strange the team would allow an older player with a tight hamstring to pitch in cold weather. 

Hopefully it is arm and hamstring tightness, because if it isn't we are left with a far worse situation. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Ham-rahan

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Ham-rahan

Ah,... I see what you did there. Nice!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

If these guys were "aces" they would not be handed off to the RS...  When you buy used stuff, you get used stuff!  These rag tag RS will fade faster than a fallen souffle...

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.