no JBJ in the starting lineup, what does this mean?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: no JBJ in the starting lineup, what does this mean?

You just might want to look at JBJ and Nava's stats first.  Farrell will do anything to win the home opener and it seems we have better chance at it with Nava right now.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Offhand I'd say it means that JBJ is hitting .143 and probably needs some time at Pawtucket.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Manager BILL-806 and bench coach BALDY, after talking with BEN C. this morning have decided to give the KID a break and let him relax a bit while taking in the opening day events.......  Will be available after the 6th inning, if need be !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

the man was all over cc, y cant he hit the sofy wei-yon Chan? a guy like jbj neeeds some home cooking to get going.. bad move by farrell. rather u bench Gomes.. then again, thats y u got him.. but there's no ortiz to DH, i dont get this move.. really dont! 8 straight home wins should continue.. best if jbj was in there, oh well...

Because Gomes and Nava have been crushing (especially of lefties) the ball and earned the starts.  JBJ has simply fallen flat the last 4 games and it may be time for a break.  I think he will be a great player and I'm a huge fan of the kid but you have to play your hot hands and right now he is not.  I'm sure he'll be in for the next game.  As people say....every game does count and you have to put the lineup out there that gives you the best chance to win.  I think the lineup looks great!  I'm more upset that Salty isn't in it...he's looked very good so far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Manager BILL-806 and bench coach BALDY, after talking with BEN C. this morning have decided to give the KID a break and let him relax a bit while taking in the opening day events.......  Will be available after the 6th inning, if need be !!!

Other than the very lame joke..... I agree with the sentiment of your post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

This is managment's way to use artifice to build a PR case for their pre-planned move to demote Bradley to the minors when Ortiz returns. They did everything they could to try and come up with a plan to keep Bradley in the minors for bean coutning purporses, but they were almost forced to put him on the roster.

You are correct, as Nava is a weak fielder and this managment under values fielding and overvalues slugging and doesn't understand the connection between defense and pitching. They also don't understand how defense picks up the offense by taking pressure off of the offense.

your right SOFTY, between IGGY & BRADLEY, the pitchers will think that they are the next 2nd coming of CY YOUNG himself with those low  ERA's !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

It means Nava is starting against a tough LHP...why all the "concern"?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Other than the very lame joke..... I agree with the sentiment of your post.

As DAD would say........ "SON, that yound KINGFACE12 looks to be coming around a bit"  !!!!!    GO SOX  !!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Maybe it means the Kid is just getting a day off ?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Carnie, I would like to interrupt this silly thread to say I am so glad you didnt take a very long break from the board.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Double rainbow!!! what does this mean???? 

Sorry I couldn't help myself. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

yeah, carnie.  and now that i know you are in the bay, it will be no sweat to swing by with the van and pick you and the gear up for our tour.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

yeah, carnie.  and now that i know you are in the bay, it will be no sweat to swing by with the van and pick you and the gear up for our tour.

Actually, I'm back in Maine now with our bass player.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Exactly

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Exactly

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Anybody who doesn't think JBJ isn't getting sent to AAA for at least 20 days when Big Papi returns is crazy.  He is helping the team but he needs some AAA at bats for his confidence and the Sox will want that extra year of control.  JBJ needs to play every day and that is not going to happen when Big Papi comes back.  Gomes is going to get ABs and so is Nava.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Nava is quite bad v. LHP. You aren't paying attention.

yes, JBJ is doing much better...Its ok for the kid to sit a game.