no JBJ in the starting lineup, what does this mean?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: no JBJ in the starting lineup, what does this mean?

Prediction: softy will get himself banned, come back under another name, and deny everything.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Prediction: softy will get himself banned, come back under another name, and deny everything.

That is his usual MO. Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

yeah, today was a bad day for him. It will get worse when Drew and Papi return.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Even worse if they return and perform well...softy might break a few keys on the keyboard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Everybody...I think we need to sit back and listen to Soft-Guy for a second.  Remember when all he said through ST was that we should start JBJ because the best player should start??  Then remember when he said that the best players should start ALL OF THE TIME...no matter HOW SMALL the sample is because EVERY GAME COUNTS???

Well.....glad we have a management team and coach that listened to him and started THE BEST players on how how they were playing for a small sample size....he benched JBJ for the hot hitter and WON a game.....AND Victorino AND Jacoby are playing great!!!!!  Thank you management for listening to Soft Guy and bench the weak link right now for the hot hitter and for continuing to play the BEST PLAYERS at the RIGHT TIME!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It means the league is already catching up to him, and hes going to have to make adjustments. Tough lefty today too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Offhand I'd say it means that JBJ is hitting .143 and probably needs some time at Pawtucket.

+500 Along With Iggey.....................

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Does anyone know if Carp has options?

No .. he does not

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

No .. he does not

Since Nava and Salty can play 1B, does it really matter?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I hope we can start more Bradley threads tomorrow...we need as many of them as possible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

the man was all over cc, y cant he hit the sofy wei-yon Chan? a guy like jbj neeeds some home cooking to get going.. bad move by farrell. rather u bench Gomes.. then again, thats y u got him.. but there's no ortiz to DH, i dont get this move.. really dont! 8 straight home wins should continue.. best if jbj was in there, oh well...

Dinner is prepared.

Make sure to share some with Softlaw and RedSoxPride.  Bon appetit!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

It was fun torturing him though.

And Stephen "Premium Guy" Drew went yard last night in Portland. I wonder if that will be mentioned?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Also an FYI......this was the 9th game...and his minor league service for 1 extra year of control would be over. JBJ played in 8 of them...batted .140 and other than the first game and MAYBE the second game was not really a factor in any of the games.  It was said over and over by some that we would lose a bunch of games to start the year without him.  While I was VERY happy that he made the club for the opening day I hope people (SoftGuy) has learned that ST stats is not a barometer on how the season will be and that a left fielder will not impact a game as much as solid pitching.... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

No .. he does not

He appears to have no role right now, but I like him as depth with all the question marks surrounding Napoli, Papi, Gomes, etc...the option of being able to park him in Pawtucket and see if he gets hot would be nice to have. But it looks like he probably won't be around long.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

No .. he does not

He appears to have no role right now, but I like him as depth with all the question marks surrounding Napoli, Papi, Gomes, etc...the option of being able to park him in Pawtucket and see if he gets hot would be nice to have. But it looks like he probably won't be around long.

Carp is the 25th man and will probably be used very sparingly...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I remember when Nava hit the grand slam in his first AB. I also remember what kind of player he was, before, and after. Bench guy before, and bench guy after, with an option.

"Nave and Gomes turn an outstanding defensive OF into a weak defensive OF. The notion that these bench guys can produce at the plate enough to offset that is utterly absurd."

http://turklishtefl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Laughing.jpg

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I remember when Nava hit the grand slam in his first AB. I also remember what kind of player he was, before, and after. Bench guy before, and bench guy after, with an option.

"Nave and Gomes turn an outstanding defensive OF into a weak defensive OF. The notion that these bench guys can produce at the plate enough to offset that is utterly absurd."

http://turklishtefl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Laughing.jpg

+100 Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Also an FYI......this was the 9th game...and his minor league service for 1 extra year of control would be over. JBJ played in 8 of them...batted .140 and other than the first game and MAYBE the second game was not really a factor in any of the games.  It was said over and over by some that we would lose a bunch of games to start the year without him.  While I was VERY happy that he made the club for the opening day I hope people (SoftGuy) has learned that ST stats is not a barometer on how the season will be and that a left fielder will not impact a game as much as solid pitching.... 

Maybe he made a big difference in 1-2 games, but Nava won one game pretty much by himself, so I'd call it close to even on the plus/minus scale. Now, we have to lose JBJ for 20 days minimum to get that year of control.

Hmmm...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Maybe he made a big difference in 1-2 games, but Nava won one game pretty much by himself,

For someone who said, over and over, to start Bradley in the minors, it must be difficult to use words like "maybe" and "Nava pretty much by himself" in jumping back on the "let's save a year of control and go with Gomes and Nava in LF".

When you use "maybe big difference" and "pretty much by himself" you are the intellectual midget that I know  you are.

In 6 games, Bradley's OBP and defnese is exactly what he showed in spring training. Nothing has changed, but this Board keeps repeating his 6 day BA and ignores his OBP. There are several active roster members with sub-.200 BA who aren't slugging and who are lousy defenders.

At the end of the day, over the season, Nava and Gomes are bench guys who are terrible defensive player. The spin attempt going now is what it was this spring, the claim that demoting Bradley won't matter in the W/L column and/or that the Red Sox need to focus on what might happen a half a decade from now.

Bradley's presence is both defensive and energy and leadership. When he's sent back to the minors for bean counting and "needs a few more weeks or month or more in the minors to work on the weaknesses that caused him to be unable to handle MLB pitching in 6 games", this team will be adversely impacted in winning percentage.

Consistent with this motives behind the mishandling of Bradley will be the gifting of the starting SS job to "premium guy". There is no way that S. Drew can provide the overall skills that Iglesias provides, in the starting SS position.

It's one thing to use Nava off the bench, it's entirely another to take one HR and pretend that Gomes and Nava are the better roster answer for LF.

Red Sox managment is getting ready to break something that wasn't broken, as only the can do. That will start with the two Mickey Mouse roster moves that are coming up and which I've been denouncing since spring training.

Don't forget to revisit your prediction above. If you don't, I will. I don't see the same dark future as you if and when the kids are sent down. I enjoy seeing them play, and would like to see them be given an extended chance to prove themselves. But it's too early to know how much their play has really impacted the winning percentage. Quality pitching has had a major impact so far.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

. But it's too early to know how much their play has really impacted the winning percentage. Quality pitching has had a major impact so far.

In fact, as always, pitching is overrated and positional team defense is underrated. Team confidence is real, and Bradley's defense in Game 1 of the season was the defining moment of that game. It had a direct impace on the winning percentage. Both players have changed the character of a team that has been a very bad defensive team for many years.

Managment is incompetent and is looking away from what Bradley and Iggy do on the defensive side of the ball to impact the pitching, and looking towards slugging in the form of S. Drew and Nava and Gomes. It is a mistake.

A lesser skilled defender in left would have been playing much deeper on that play, making it close to a routine flyout.....just saying. 

Sections
Shortcuts