No more Nava on the bases

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

No more Nava on the bases

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Here's your september pinch runner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Re: No more Nava on the bases

I like this move. Barry had a couple of SBs in the post season last year. You never know when a stolen base can play big- thank you Dave Roberts!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I don't think Berry goes to the postseason with the Sox.  He's just a Setember pinch runner when roster expands.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I don't think Berry goes to the postseason with the Sox.  He's just a Setember pinch runner when roster expands.  

Actually now that I thnk about it, someone needs to come off the 40 man.  If he's even a september pinch runner....then who does he replace on the 40?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Actually now that I thnk about it, someone needs to come off the 40 man.  If he's even a september pinch runner....then who does he replace on the 40?

I thought Mortensen was on 40.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

He was on the D.L. He was on a rehab stint, so he had not been put back on it yet. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

villa

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

No, he was dropped when he was DFA'd back in June. 

The 40 man is full right now, and barring a setback, they will need to make a move to add Buchholz back on when he is ready (Bard or Villareal could be vulnerable here).  Not sure who will go for Berry (Hassan?)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I have a hard time seeing them drop Villareal.  He was more than a throw in, any time you can add a guy who can throw 100 MPH to your organization you don't just throw them away.

I could be wrong but I don't see that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

who care!!  not much going to effect the organization.  Nava is staying !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

ctredsoxfanhugh... Sorry for making another thread about the trade.Mia culpa.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

I have a hard time seeing them drop Villareal.  He was more than a throw in, any time you can add a guy who can throw 100 MPH to your organization you don't just throw them away.

he might throw 100mph but not for strikes.. he doesn't need to come anywhere close to Fenway until he learns at least SOME control.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Daniel Bard

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Daniel Bard

I think another team would take a chance on Bard if he DFAd him... i think it's more likely a guy at the bottom of the roster like Hassan slips through

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Nava must be hurt and they aren't saying anything. I don't think he played one inning on the road trip.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Nava must be hurt and they aren't saying anything. I don't think he played one inning on the road trip.

he started 3 of 6 on the WC trip and played 3 innings in another game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Interesting theory.  I think it's a speed guy on the bench, but you never know.  Maybe they stick this guy in AAA and hope it's minor with NAVA (if that's the case)

And if that is the case and Berry replaces Nava, you don't lose anyone because you can put Nava on the D.L. Carp then takes NAVAs at bats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

he might throw 100mph but not for strikes.. he doesn't need to come anywhere close to Fenway until he learns at least SOME control.

He didn't beling in the game the thee night, and may need some time to working his command.  But you do realize the pay off if he polishes his command? That's nothing to sneeze at.  100 mph is nothing to sneeze at, there's real value there.  He effectively replaced Montas in the trade, who was the big time player to be shipped out from Boston.

Montas = 100 mph, poor control in low A

Vill = 100 MPH, has made it to MLB.

Who do you think has more of a chance of becoming a dominant late inning reliever?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Daniel Bard

As long as a player is on the D.L.  or on a rehab assignment they don't eat up a 40 man.  No need to give up on Bard yet

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Alex Hassan leads the International League in OB%. You don't give up on that. He will battle for a roster slot with Nava next year.

I think Hassan broke his hand so I think they can just 60 day DL him. If not, they will cut any number of players before they cut Hassan. I think Snyder-Beato-Del La Torre are better cut options.

I think Bard is counting on the 40 man. They might 60 day DL him though. Another thing is that I might be open to cutting Bard out right. The reason being the likely 2 million dollar contract next year, aswell as the 300 grand left for this season. Might not want to give up the control just yet, all depends on what the front office thinks of him. Its possible they cut Bard if he is not on the 60 day however. My guess is that nobody touches Bard if we cut him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Alex Hassan deserves a shot at some point.  Local product too I believe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Regardless of whether or not he's hurt, he hasn't done a thing since late June!

Sections
Shortcuts