No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........

Please no!! We do not need Lackey anywhere near any Boston Red Sox MLB 40 Man roster or any Minor Leaguers either. Please LL or BC stop this Lackey thought now in its tracks. He is a team cancer, Beckett drinking buddy and a holdover from nightmarish times in 10 and 11.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........

In Response to No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........:
    [QUOTE]Please no!! We do not need Lackey anywhere near any Boston Red Sox MLB 40 Man roster or any Minor Leaguers either. Please LL or BC stop this Lackey thought now in its tracks. He is a team cancer, Beckett drinking buddy and a holdover from nightmarish times in 10 and 11.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Yup, trying to pitch with a serious elbow injury really sets a bad example.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........:
    [QUOTE]In Response to No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Yup, trying to pitch with a serious elbow injury really sets a bad example.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]
    Actually, yes it does. If he was aware of this and he was, then why try and pitch for two years at a MLB SP cellar level? Should he not have been checked out thoroughly about mid-season in 10? Also, scoffing at players who made errors or bad plays while he was on the mound, getting visibly upset at Tito when taken out of a game after letting up untold numbers of earned runs, partying up with Beckett and others and being in general a clubhouse cancer IMO support my statement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Actually, yes it does. If he was aware of this and he was, then why try and pitch for two years at a MLB SP cellar level? Should he not have been checked out thoroughly about mid-season in 10? Also, scoffing at players who made errors or bad plays while he was on the mound, getting visibly upset at Tito when taken out of a game after letting up untold numbers of earned runs, partying up with Beckett and others and being in general a clubhouse cancer IMO support my statement.

Fine, the Sox take him out of the rotation last year. Who replaces him?

Blame the Sox FO for not getting a ML ready pitcher to replace him. He tried to do his job, even when injured.

If you complained about JD Drew not getting out there with a boo-boo, you shouldn't be getting on Lackey.

Everything I've heard about Lackey was that the other Sox players liked his clubhouse presence. If you can find articles to the contrary, I'd like to see them.

Just because the fans (including myself) and the press don't like his antics, doesn't make him a clubhouse "cancer".

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Funny but none of his teammates had any issue with his "scoffing". Lackey also made a point to talk to players about his "scoffing" and apologize to them saying he did not meany anything by it. By all accounts he is a very good teammate who was trying to pitch through an injury last year and will be a very important part of the team next season. I am glad he will be rehabbing with the big club. 
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

It could beneficial. If they're all together, they can all decide together not to let a repeat of last year happen again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Just so I have this straight; the RS and their fans were angered by the fact that Ellsbury was rehabbing in AZ and not with the team back in 2010.
    Now some fans are angered by the fact that Lackey WILL be rehabbing with the team in 2011.
    Got it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]Just so I have this straight; the RS and their fans were angered by the fact that Ellsbury was rehabbing in AZ and not with the team back in 2010. Now some fans are angered by the fact that Lackey WILL be rehabbing with the team in 2011. Got it.
    Posted by OscarGamble[/QUOTE]
    One of my points. Ells made the correct decision to stay in AZ to rehab. Nowhere will you see a post of mine to the contrary. I obviously think Lackey should stay away and focus on his rehab, rather than hanging out on the dugout steps for 162 games.

I find it amazingly interesting that my post has now brought out the Lackey supporters....where were you in 10 and 11?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Fine, the Sox take him out of the rotation last year. Who replaces him? Blame the Sox FO for not getting a ML ready pitcher to replace him. He tried to do his job, even when injured. If you complained about JD Drew not getting out there with a boo-boo, you shouldn't be getting on Lackey. Everything I've heard about Lackey was that the other Sox players liked his clubhouse presence. If you can find articles to the contrary, I'd like to see them. Just because the fans (including myself) and the press don't like his antics, doesn't make him a clubhouse "cancer".
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

Okay....here you go:

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/howard-111103/boston-red-sox-john-lackey-injury-make-happiest-surgery-ever

Lackey had been derided as a big-money bust, a chronic complainer, a combative contrarian and worse. He was accused of being a cad after TMZ reported he filed for divorce from his wife of three years this summer, just a few months after she underwent a double-mastectomy for breast cancer. And he was pilloried as being a lousy teammate in Boston -- in part for being fingered in this Boston Globe report as part of what might as well be called the Bud Lite Three, along with fellow starting pitchers Josh Beckett and Jon Lester.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Okay....here you go: http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/howard-111103/boston-red-sox-john-lackey-injury-make-happiest-surgery-ever Lackey had been derided as a big-money bust, a chronic complainer, a combative contrarian and worse. He was accused of being a cad after TMZ reported he filed for divorce from his wife of three years this summer, just a few months after she underwent a double-mastectomy for breast cancer. And he was pilloried as being a lousy teammate in Boston -- in part for being fingered in this Boston Globe report as part of what might as well be called the Bud Lite Three, along with fellow starting pitchers Josh Beckett and Jon Lester .

Right. Cite a writer that's nothing but a character assassin. Have you read her stuff?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

a guy wants to be rehab with his team...whats wrong with that? ive never been a big lackey hater - he has disappointed no doubt - but if anyone can use the injury card for his playing, it is him...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]a guy wants to be rehab with his team...whats wrong with that? ive never been a big lackey hater - he has disappointed no doubt - but if anyone can use the injury card for his playing, it is him...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    You and most who have commented are of course entitled to your opinion. Mine...Lackey is not your normal "guy" and having him hanging around for an entire season whether it is Lackey or not just does not make sense to me. Ergo my opinion that Ells made the right decision to rehab for essentially an entire season away from the team. So, go ahead and love on Lackey, for me I dread the day he puts a Red Sox uniform again and takes the hill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Life is a bi-tch
    And then you die
    Woe is me

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I have no problem with Lackey rehabbing with the team.  Maybe he has realized the error of his ways from last season and is trying to atone for his lack of team solidarity during his beer and chicken moments.

I am not a fan of his on field antics, but from what I've read and heard, his teammates do not take issue with them.

As far as him pitching injured last season, kudos to him for that.  He knew that this team was in dire straits in terms of starting pitching, and he did what he could to help the team.  The Sox really didn't have other alternatives.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I have no issue with Lackey rehabbing with the team...unless, of course, he starts offering advice to anyone.

What I would have issue with is him refusing a rehab assignment somewhere else when that time comes. I do denitiely NOT want to see Lackey pitch for the Sox again...pitching at anything less than 100% (or as close to it as is reasonable for any pitcher over the course of a year) would be painful to watch.

I will say I don't see the benefit. He's not a clubhouse leader, doesn't seem to be a leader amongst the pitchers, never heard of him being especially helpful to young players. I mean, I guess it's good to support your team, but who cares? I do question how much his teammates really get annoyed with his on-field antics (I wouldn't expect anything but what I've heard form his teammates publicly, gone are the days of throwing someone under the bus like that), but the fact is, he likely won't be on the field. He's a totally neutral presence, no effect whatsoever. Except on the post-game (now sure to exclude fried chicken) buffets. And suddenly, it becomes clear why he wants to rehab with the team, FAR better free food.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Lackey to rehab with the team in 2012, 40 percent of the forum is upset.

Lackey will not rehab with the team in 2012, 40 percent of the forum is upset.

The forum will always have something to get flustered about. It never stops.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey to rehab with the team in 2012, 40 percent of the forum is upset. Lackey will not rehab with the team in 2012, 40 percent of the forum is upset. The forum will always have something to get flustered about. It never stops.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

I know. Man. It just s u c k s that we don't all agree with each other all the time. THAT would make for scintillating conversation.

So, you really don't realize that you're a part of what you're critiquing?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

This Lackey fellow needs to go rehab with another team.... you can rehab son just not here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........:
    [QUOTE]Please no!! We do not need Lackey anywhere near any Boston Red Sox MLB 40 Man roster or any Minor Leaguers either. Please LL or BC stop this Lackey thought now in its tracks. He is a team cancer, Beckett drinking buddy and a holdover from nightmarish times in 10 and 11.

Lackey wants to start his rehab, I say NO NO NO!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : I know. Man. It just s u c k s that we don't all agree with each other all the time. THAT would make for scintillating conversation. So, you really don't realize that you're a part of what you're critiquing?
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Are you really going to lose sleep over whether Lackey rehabs with the team or not? Is it that important to you that you need to act as if it is really that imortant to you? You seem to be shoveling coal into the BDC furnace in an effort to keep the fire burning. It really isn't that important. Much ado over nothing. Who cares. Stoking the BDC forum with nonsense seems to be your thing, why not walk your dog instead? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Are you really going to lose sleep over whether Lackey rehabs with the team or not? Is it that important to you that you need to act as if it is really that imortant to you? You seem to be shoveling coal into the BDC furnace in an effort to keep the fire burning. It really isn't that important. Much ado over nothing. Who cares. Stoking the BDC forum with nonsense seems to be your thing, why not walk your dog instead? 
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

I really don't even know where that little fit came from, or what it's referring to.

I guess you now DO realize you're part of the problem you're criticizing, and are mad about it, and now directing that anger at me?

Shoveling coal into the BDC furnace? What the he!! are you even talking about? Because I post here, I help BDC stay afloat?

1) Thanks for the complment, I didn't realize my posts carried so much weight, and...

2) Ummmm, you, again, seem to be part of the problem you're railing against.

For someone who seems to despise people who post on BDC, you sure post an awful lot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : I know. Man. It just s u c k s that we don't all agree with each other all the time. THAT would make for scintillating conversation. So, you really don't realize that you're a part of what you're critiquing?
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

My point was simple. The OP and thread is much ado about nothing. Why are all of the threads that posters respond to negative? You can't deny that. What is your theory? Why are Moonslav threads ignored? Please respond? Poor Moonslav works so hard on his threads and they get ignored. This is a simple question. What is your response?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : It could beneficial. If they're all together, they can all decide together not to let a repeat of last year happen again. Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE] I think I lean towards this point of view. If he stays with the team, he can at least stay in step with what's going on and be around his teammates. Better than sitting around home, or playing golf all summer. I've never heard rumors of the players not liking Lackey in the clubhouse, and the fact that he wants to be with the team when he doesn't have to be shows there may be a change in attitude from some of the chicken and beer suspects from last year. I got no problem with it. Shows team unity, and that he's still willing to try to pull on that rope even if he can't play. That'll help him when he gets back to pitching too, IMO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : My point was simple. The OP and thread is much ado about nothing. Why are all of the threads that posters respond to negative? You can't deny that. What is your theory? Why are Moonslav threads ignored? Please respond? Poor Moonslav works so hard on his threads and they get ignored. This is a simple question. What is your response? Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE] Pike, pike, pike. Learned you nothing from the one sided battle at Ft. Meade that I so faithfully, accurately and creatively reported upon? Trying to clone yourself to make other posters agree exactly with you against what you feel the forum has become is destined to fall before the forum's guns. The more you complain, the more you contribute to the very ills you decry, and perpetuate them. Let the forum be what it is, not everyone is going to agree with you. Just come here, read what's posted, crack a few jokes, offer a little insight and have a good time. "WHY SO SERIOUS" Batman?