No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........

In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : You and most who have commented are of course entitled to your opinion. Mine...Lackey is not your normal "guy" and having him hanging around for an entire season whether it is Lackey or not just does not make sense to me. Ergo my opinion that Ells made the right decision to rehab for essentially an entire season away from the team. So, go ahead and love on Lackey, for me I dread the day he puts a Red Sox uniform again and takes the hill.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Lackey is not your normal "guy"?? What does that even mean?? You emphasize the word guy? So he is not a guy??  If by chance you meant to emphasize normal then it would make your statement even worse.... who the heck are you to judge who is normal or not.... what is wrong with you ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........:
    [QUOTE]In Response to No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Lackey wants to start his rehab, I say NO NO NO!
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

Best response yet!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

I tried to keep your Fort Meade thread alive and I complimented your plagarism effort but it failed anyway except for some token pity from J-Bay who gets Christmas cards from Babe / TBSHTM / TWM. I was surprised that BDC didn't cite you for plagarism. What a shame that you invested four days of you time inserting words into the original narrative. Anyone can do that.

The forum is not an AOL chatroom, it is a Red Sox forum. The cream of the crop such as Moonslav, Boomerang, RCap, Katz, Breidy, and the other intelligent posters won't be here forever. Many have already left. The dimwits have taken over. Are you proud of ruining the forum?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........": [QUOTE]I tried to keep your Fort Meade thread alive and I complimented your plagarism effort but it failed anyway except for some token pity from J-Bay who gets Christmas cards from Babe / TBSHTM / TWM. I was surprised that BDC didn't cite you for plagarism. What a shame that you invested four days of you time inserting words into the original narrative. Anyone can do that. The forum is not an AOL chatroom, it is a Red Sox forum. The cream of the crop such as Moonslav, Boomerang, RCap, Katz, Breidy, and the other intelligent posters won't be here forever. Many have already left. The dimwits have taken over. Are you proud of ruining the forum? Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE] YAWN.....Pike, you weary me. Go stand in the shattered ramparts where the old guns once sat, and remember the glory of the Alliance when it was in the flush of youth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]I tried to keep your Fort Meade thread alive and I complimented your plagarism effort but it failed anyway except for some token pity from J-Bay who gets Christmas cards from Babe / TBSHTM / TWM. I was surprised that BDC didn't cite you for plagarism. What a shame that you invested four days of you time inserting words into the original narrative. Anyone can do that. The forum is not an AOL chatroom, it is a Red Sox forum. The cream of the crop such as Moonslav, Boomerang, RCap, Katz, Breidy, and the other intelligent posters won't be here forever. Many have already left. The dimwits have taken over. Are you proud of ruining the forum?
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

If boomerangsdotcom is your idea of "creme of the crop" then the forum is dead already.  Has anyone ever told you to shove off?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

I won't be in the gamethreads this year and my last time there was last July. Enjoy enabling Andrewmitch and the other supposed, phony, entitled "Red Sox" fans who go there and predict and gloat failure by Red Sox players that real Red Sox fans should be supporting. You are not alone since J-Bay and other pretend Sox fans do the same. I suggest newbies to look up old gamethreads and decide for yourselves whether the regulars on the gamethreads are indeed real Red Sox fans. They number about 20 and they are all negative on every night and anyone new is considered suspicious especially if they act like a fan. They very well may be closet Yankee fans but then we will never know.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : My point was simple. The OP and thread is much ado about nothing. Why are all of the threads that posters respond to negative? You can't deny that. What is your theory? Why are Moonslav threads ignored? Please respond? Poor Moonslav works so hard on his threads and they get ignored. This is a simple question. What is your response?

Moonslav's threads get ignored? That's news to me. I often read them, and many, like the Rays one, get hundreds of responses. I think one thing moon does that SOME do not enjoy following is the extensive use of stats, and extended stats. Not everyone is on board with these very new statistics. He stays generally positive, always analytical. I would say most posters avoid any thread that has a long original post. I'd be willing to bet that if someone looked, shorter original posts garner more responses.

People are generally pessimistic, it feeds in to who we are. Especially in the northeast. If you want brimming positivity....I don't know, try somewhere south or west, or work in a kindergarten, not new england or the tri-state.

And as far as the negativity...you're talking about a very well paid team who has missed the playoffs 2 years in a row after extremely high expectations. What is there to be so positive for? Francona's back stabbed departure? Crawford's contract? Lackey's? Ellsbury's now inflated price and likelihood he'll leave because of the stupid crawford contract? An owner who's radar is so sensitive and is so concerned about public perception he "stops in unnannounced" on 98.5? A grossly mismanaged payroll that now sees the team fielding a pitching staff with holes they refused to fix?

Lackey is a lightning rod, that's not a shock to anyone. He's accepted the mantle from Drew quite well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't think it makes one bit of difference where he rehabs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........:
    [QUOTE]Please no!! We do not need Lackey anywhere near any Boston Red Sox MLB 40 Man roster or any Minor Leaguers either. Please LL or BC stop this Lackey thought now in its tracks. He is a team cancer, Beckett drinking buddy and a holdover from nightmarish times in 10 and 11.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Good idea!

And in order not to be hypocrites, the Sox should dump Lester, too.  After all, he was a Beckett drinking buddy and a holdover from '10 and '11...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think I am going to draft Lackey in my fantasy league just to have the pleasure of releasing him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]I think I am going to draft Lackey in my fantasy league just to have the pleasure of releasing him.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA
    Best idea ever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]I think I am going to draft Lackey in my fantasy league just to have the pleasure of releasing him.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    Burrito, I had that extreme pleasure on two of my fantasy teams last year. The overwhelming pleasure that coursed through me as I pressed the Drop link was palpable.Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I never draft Red Sox players.  That's almost like placing the kiss of death on them.

Draft Yankees players.   That's a win-win.  If they do well, that's good for your fantasy team.  If they stink, that's good for everybody.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I had as many Yankees as Sox players last year at some point.

Hey, Kimmi - 4 spots left in ma6dragon's league..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

People are generally pessimistic, it feeds in to who we are. Especially in the northeast. If you want brimming positivity....I don't know, try somewhere south or west, or work in a kindergarten, not new england or the tri-state.

And as far as the negativity...you're talking about a very well paid team who has missed the playoffs 2 years in a row after extremely high expectations. What is there to be so positive for? Francona's back stabbed departure? Crawford's contract? Lackey's? Ellsbury's now inflated price and likelihood he'll leave because of the stupid crawford contract? An owner who's radar is so sensitive and is so concerned about public perception he "stops in unnannounced" on 98.5? A grossly mismanaged payroll that now sees the team fielding a pitching staff with holes they refused to fix?

YOU PROVED MY CASE. MULTIPLY YOUR OUTLOOK BY FIFTY AND YOU HAVE THE BDC FORUM. YOUR KIND ALWAYS SEES THE GLASS AS HALF FULL AND NEVER REALLY ENJOYS FOLLOWING THE TEAM

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Moonslav's threads get ignored? That's news to me. I often read them, and many, like the Rays one, get hundreds of responses. I think one thing moon does that SOME do not enjoy following is the extensive use of stats, and extended stats. Not everyone is on board with these very new statistics. He stays generally positive, always analytical. I would say most posters avoid any thread that has a long original post. I'd be willing to bet that if someone looked, shorter original posts garner more responses. People are generally pessimistic, it feeds in to who we are. Especially in the northeast. If you want brimming positivity....I don't know, try somewhere south or west, or work in a kindergarten, not new england or the tri-state. And as far as the negativity...you're talking about a very well paid team who has missed the playoffs 2 years in a row after extremely high expectations. What is there to be so positive for? Francona's back stabbed departure? Crawford's contract? Lackey's? Ellsbury's now inflated price and likelihood he'll leave because of the stupid crawford contract? An owner who's radar is so sensitive and is so concerned about public perception he "stops in unnannounced" on 98.5? A grossly mismanaged payroll that now sees the team fielding a pitching staff with holes they refused to fix? Lackey is a lightning rod, that's not a shock to anyone. He's accepted the mantle from Drew quite well.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Fans act like this is the end of the world, and the window is closing, so apparently the team will not be competiticve again for another 86 years.

First of all, Lackey and Crawford both have time to right the ship.  Especailly if their poor perforamces in 2011 were related to injuries.  Ellsbury had a horrific 2010 for reasons related to injury and bounced back quite well, so its hardly unprecedented, even on this roster.  Espceially since Crawford far and away was  the better hitter of the two prior to 2011.

Sox fans want and need lightning rods, and have this odd belief that signing free agents who don't succeed CANNOT be justified by winning a World Series, as evidenced by the presence of Lugo and Drew on the 2007 team.

Ellsbury might have priced himself out of the Sox range, but that also might be for the best.  After all, he is just as likely to be a $20mill anchor on this team as Crawford is, and his one good season really doesn't make him an elite player in the league yet, despite Boras desire to have him paid like one.  And really, if the Sox want to retain Ellsbury and move Crawford, its not impossible.  Players with $100mill contracts have been traded before...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Fans act like this is the end of the world, and the window is closing, so apparently the team will not be competiticve again for another 86 years. First of all, Lackey and Crawford both have time to right the ship.  Especailly if their poor perforamces in 2011 were related to injuries.  Ellsbury had a horrific 2010 for reasons related to injury and bounced back quite well, so its hardly unprecedented, even on this roster.  Espceially since Crawford far and away was  the better hitter of the two prior to 2011. Sox fans want and need lightning rods, and have this odd belief that signing free agents who don't succeed CANNOT be justified by winning a World Series, as evidenced by the presence of Lugo and Drew on the 2007 team. Ellsbury might have priced himself out of the Sox range, but that also might be for the best.  After all, he is just as likely to be a $20mill anchor on this team as Crawford is, and his one good season really doesn't make him an elite player in the league yet, despite Boras desire to have him paid like one.  And really, if the Sox want to retain Ellsbury and move Crawford, its not impossible.  Players with $100mill contracts have been traded before...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Good post, notin. Although Crawford never has been or will be worth the 20 mil, I'm not ready to call him an anchor....yet. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]People are generally pessimistic, it feeds in to who we are. Especially in the northeast. If you want brimming positivity....I don't know, try somewhere south or west, or work in a kindergarten, not new england or the tri-state. And as far as the negativity...you're talking about a very well paid team who has missed the playoffs 2 years in a row after extremely high expectations. What is there to be so positive for? Francona's back stabbed departure? Crawford's contract? Lackey's? Ellsbury's now inflated price and likelihood he'll leave because of the stupid crawford contract? An owner who's radar is so sensitive and is so concerned about public perception he "stops in unnannounced" on 98.5? A grossly mismanaged payroll that now sees the team fielding a pitching staff with holes they refused to fix? YOU PROVED MY CASE. MULTIPLY YOUR OUTLOOK BY FIFTY AND YOU HAVE THE BDC FORUM. YOUR KIND ALWAYS SEES THE GLASS AS HALF FULL AND NEVER REALLY ENJOYS FOLLOWING THE TEAM

Wrong again slowelll. I very much enjoy following this team. It's been in a steady decline though.

In 07 they won the WS with a team that featured some elite vets, as well as a lot of exciting, young players. Since then, the vets got older, and went away, the young players at that time (Youk/pap/Lester/Pedroia) all continued to improve and give plenty of reasons to enjoy. But where was the constant flow of talent I was expecting and management had been promising?

Hey, at least they spend money and they'll be competetive...but when they keep spending money in ways i think are totally foolish...again, what should I stay so extremely positive about?

There IS a lot I like about this team:

-Lester and Pedroia continue to be 2 of my favorite players in baseball and am honored they play for the Sox.

-Ellsbury is possibly the single most exciting player to watch in baseball, period.

-I'm actually very excited about watching melancon and bailey close out games, I like both of them and think Bailey can be a top closer in MLB

-I'm VERY intrigued by bard becoming a starter with the types of pitches he has

Maybe YOU should stop coming to negative threads just to tell everyone how miserable they are, and stick to the positive threads where some of these same people frequent. And if you hate it that much, start a thread or 10 of your own! No, much better to sit in the shadows and just critique everyone else, isn't it? Whatever gets you through the day buddy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Fans act like this is the end of the world, and the window is closing, so apparently the team will not be competiticve again for another 86 years. First of all, Lackey and Crawford both have time to right the ship.  Especailly if their poor perforamces in 2011 were related to injuries.  Ellsbury had a horrific 2010 for reasons related to injury and bounced back quite well, so its hardly unprecedented, even on this roster.  Espceially since Crawford far and away was  the better hitter of the two prior to 2011. Sox fans want and need lightning rods, and have this odd belief that signing free agents who don't succeed CANNOT be justified by winning a World Series, as evidenced by the presence of Lugo and Drew on the 2007 team. Ellsbury might have priced himself out of the Sox range, but that also might be for the best.  After all, he is just as likely to be a $20mill anchor on this team as Crawford is, and his one good season really doesn't make him an elite player in the league yet, despite Boras desire to have him paid like one.  And really, if the Sox want to retain Ellsbury and move Crawford, its not impossible.  Players with $100mill contracts have been traded before...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with much of what you said.

As for winning a WS not justifying a bad signing...why would it? A bad signing is a bad signing, it will take it's toll on the team at some point. Drew - 110 games season, last minute sit downs. Lugo/Renteria - a lot of dead money to play elsewhere.

I wouldn't say I NEED a lightning rod, just happy to run voltage through it when one is available. I'd far prefer a team with none.

I don't think a window is closing, there is just a lot about this team, with their 2nd highest payroll in baseball that frustrates me. And really, a payroll this high shouldn't frustrate anyone unless some monumentally bad decisions have been made...which is exactly the case.

I won't call Lackey a monumental mistake, but Crawford was. To pay THAT MUCH for THAT PLAYER at THAT AGE was just totally a s s i n i n e. I voiced that opinion prior to signing him. That trickes down to Ellsbury. no, he's not elite yet, but he put to gether one of the most impressive seasons I've witnessed. Ever. It was a SINGLE season granted, but quite a season. Pre-Crawford, you'd be looking to compare him to Kemp and his 20mil per season. Now, you START at Crawford's 7/142. They gave every bit of leverage to Ellsbury and the greediest, slimiest agent on the planet.

Ellsbury rebounded in his mid-20s, not his early 30s as both lackey and Crawford will have to. Decidedly harder at that age.

Some call it negative, I honetly think I'm trying to be realistic. Unfortunately what is 'realistic' is fairly arbitrary...there in lies the difference I guess.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Talking about mistakes, what about Matszuzaka?   Theo threw money around like it was nothing.   Crawford, Lackey, hey what's a couple hundred million dollars anyway?

And Lackey was paid $35 Million Dollars over the past two years for his record of 26W and 23L.  To watch Lackey complain to Tito for taking him out of a game after giving up 6 or 7 runs (and it was only the third inning or so) last year was too much to bear.   

I don't care where he rehabs.  But if these guys get paid the kind of money they do then they need to produce.  PERIOD!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I wonder if all the lackey haters took a moment to think that this guy was trying to put last years failures behind him and show his teammates that he wants this year to be a clean slate and a fresh start by showing up and working out with his team while his arm heals. I say for the cash this guy is making good for him for his new positive attitude.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I won't be in the gamethreads this year and my last time there was last July. Enjoy enabling Andrewmitch and the other supposed, phony, entitled "Red Sox" fans who go there and predict and gloat failure by Red Sox players that real Red Sox fans should be supporting. You are not alone since J-Bay and other pretend Sox fans do the same. I suggest newbies to look up old gamethreads and decide for yourselves whether the regulars on the gamethreads are indeed real Red Sox fans. They number about 20 and they are all negative on every night and anyone new is considered suspicious especially if they act like a fan. They very well may be closet Yankee fans but then we will never know.

Red letters: Promise?

Blue letters: Lie. I remember you being there in August and September.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Red letters: Promise? Blue letters: Lie. I remember you being there in August and September.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Of course, you and Zac think that every forum newbie is Pike so if any newbie arrived into the gamethread then you assumed it was Pike. Some of you even think that Mikey and Kimsaysthis is Pike. Sounds like Joe McCarthy calling every college professor a Communist. Paranoia? Aren't you repeating what J-Bay said the other day? You two are very tight, aren't you?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Good post, notin. Although Crawford never has been or will be worth the 20 mil, I'm not ready to call him an anchor....yet. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I didn't like the contract, but that doesn't mean 2010 never happened for the guy, either...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Of course, you and Zac think that every forum newbie is Pike so if any newbie arrived into the gamethread then you assumed it was Pike. Some of you even think that Mikey and Kimsaysthis is Pike. Sounds like Joe McCarthy calling every college professor a Communist. Paranoia? Aren't you repeating what J-Bay said the other day? You two are very tight, aren't you? Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE] Have no idea what jbay said to even know what you're talking about pike. Meanwhile, if every forum newbie is suspected of being pike, its because--like the rank coward you are--you change monikers as soon as people start figuring out it's you. No amount of Yankee troll activity (let alone the ills you complain of constantly) would account for you doing this. It grows only out of your own sneaky lameness. The only newbies that will be suspected of being pike are the ones that talk just like pike and repeat the same tired schtick ad infinitum, ad nauseum. And you won't be on the threads this year huh? Yeah right....keep taking off flyboy, and I'll keep shooting you down just like usual.