No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........

In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........:
    [QUOTE]I had as many Yankees as Sox players last year at some point. Hey, Kimmi - 4 spots left in ma6dragon's league..
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Notin, I wish I had the time.  I would love to join, I just don't think I could put in the time here that I would need to or want to put in. 

Maybe if a team becomes inactive 1/2 way through and you guys need someone to take over a team, I could do that (if that's even possible).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Notin, I wish I had the time.  I would love to join, I just don't think I could put in the time here that I would need to or want to put in.  Maybe if a team becomes inactive 1/2 way through and you guys need someone to take over a team, I could do that (if that's even possible).
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Sounds interesting, but I'm like you. Never have had the time to add one more sports obsession to keep track of--and one more thing to get mad about when my team went down! :-(

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : I didn't like the contract, but that doesn't mean 2010 never happened for the guy, either...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

I'm not thrilled with the Crawford contract either, but I can't deny that I was excited when I heard the Red Sox had signed him.  He likely won't be worth his contract, he has plenty of time to bounce back and make it a decent signing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Sounds interesting, but I'm like you. Never have had the time to add one more sports obsession to keep track of--and one more thing to get mad about when my team went down! :-(
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

LOL.  I am mostly only baseball obsessed, not sports obsessed, but baseball takes up more than enough time!  I am already committed to 2 other leagues, and I have my hands full with those.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

CC's an anchor. He was the day we signed him, and it has nothing to do with his 2011 season.

His contract will cripple us for years even if he hits his career norm the next 6 years. (I said this before 2011 and still believe it.)

I also said, I fully expect him to bounce back from 2010 and have some decent years before he begins to decline.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder if all the lackey haters took a moment to think that this guy was trying to put last years failures behind him and show his teammates that he wants this year to be a clean slate and a fresh start by showing up and working out with his team while his arm heals. I say for the cash this guy is making good for him for his new positive attitude.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

I love your humor, good one!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Fans act like this is the end of the world, and the window is closing, so apparently the team will not be competiticve again for another 86 years. First of all, Lackey and Crawford both have time to right the ship.  Especailly if their poor perforamces in 2011 were related to injuries.  Ellsbury had a horrific 2010 for reasons related to injury and bounced back quite well, so its hardly unprecedented, even on this roster.  Espceially since Crawford far and away was  the better hitter of the two prior to 2011. Sox fans want and need lightning rods, and have this odd belief that signing free agents who don't succeed CANNOT be justified by winning a World Series, as evidenced by the presence of Lugo and Drew on the 2007 team. Ellsbury might have priced himself out of the Sox range, but that also might be for the best.  After all, he is just as likely to be a $20mill anchor on this team as Crawford is, and his one good season really doesn't make him an elite player in the league yet, despite Boras desire to have him paid like one.  And really, if the Sox want to retain Ellsbury and move Crawford, its not impossible.  Players with $100mill contracts have been traded before...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]
    Notin, I agree with most of you comments in this post. One exception, and I may be taking this out of your intended context, I do not think Ellsbury's 2010 performance was horrific. As you do say though, his season was certainly negatively affected by injury. It's just that any player's yearly statistics if they are based on 18 games and 78 ABs, as Ells were in 2010 after breaking 5 ribs, it just seems unreasonable to claim his performance was horrific. Ellsbury's 2010 was simply a lost season due to traumatic injury, period. If we look at every other year, he has at worst been a very good center fielder and solid lead off hitter.

For those out there on this forum, Softlaw...., please once again look at his career statistics without focusing on 2010 in which he had 78 at bats.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=453056&c_id=bos&player_name=Jacoby-Ellsbury

Yes, sadly, we will lose Jacoby at the end of his contract, and yes it will be mostly due to the insane contracts of CC and Lackey. Who knows what his FA Contract will be, does not really matter to me, losing him to another team is what will hurt. We will be searching for a leadoff hitter of his caliber for years once he is gone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : I love your humor, good one!
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

well Burrito, lol....glad you got a chuckle outta that one. You know me man. the eternal always positive optimist......kinda felt bad for the boys from huntington ave.....25-0??? oy veh. the night cap was a little more interesting. however, one thing that DOES have me a little nervous is bobby v putting our star first baseman out in right field. if he wants papi to play first base then let AGon DH. I kinda like this kid cody ross in right field right now. what say you pal?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

[QUOTE]CC's an anchor. He was the day we signed him, and it has nothing to do with his 2011 season. His contract will cripple us for years even if he hits his career norm the next 6 years. (I said this before 2011 and still believe it.) I also said, I fully expect him to bounce back from 2010 and have some decent years before he begins to decline.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Agreed Moon.  Theo made some huge mistakes on his way out of town.  His earlier work was more like Ben this year, low risk high reward signings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Notin, I agree with most of you comments in this post. One exception, and I may be taking this out of your intended context, I do not think Ellsbury's 2010 performance was horrific . As you do say though, his season was certainly negatively affected by injury. It's just that any player's yearly statistics if they are based on 18 games and 78 ABs, as Ells were in 2010 after breaking 5 ribs, it just seems unreasonable to claim his performance was horrific. Ellsbury's 2010 was simply a lost season due to traumatic injury, period. If we look at every other year, he has at worst been a very good center fielder and solid lead off hitter. For those out there on this forum, Softlaw...., please once again look at his career statistics without focusing on 2010 in which he had 78 at bats. http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=453056&c_id=bos&player_name=Jacoby-Ellsbury Yes, sadly, we will lose Jacoby at the end of his contract, and yes it will be mostly due to the insane contracts of CC and Lackey. Who knows what his FA Contract will be, does not really matter to me, losing him to another team is what will hurt. We will be searching for a leadoff hitter of his caliber for years once he is gone.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

ALWAYS LOOK DOWN THE ROAD AND ACCENT THE NEGATIVE. ELLSBURY WILL BE LEAVING SOME DAY SO DON'T DARE ENJOY HIM NOW. ACCENT THAT CC HAD A BAD YEAR AND EXPECT AND HOPE THAT IT WILL CONTINUE. ARE YOU REALLY A RED SOX FAN? DON"T DARE HOPE THAT LACKEY COMES BACK MUCH BETTER. WHY ARE YOU SO DISMAL AND NEGATIVE? YOU ARE LIKE A ROTTEN APPLE INTO THE BDC BARRELL. WOE IS YOU, THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

The eternal pessimists can't be for real. They are here because they are lonely and need to inflame the forum in order to keep it alive. Their motto is don't let the flame go out, throw some negativity onto the flickering in order to keep it going. They are well aware that posters only come here to debate and argue at the pretend doom-and-gloomers. They love it and it keeps them entertained.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No! No! Lackey states he will rehab with the "Big Team" this year........ : Lackey is not your normal "guy"?? What does that even mean?? You emphasize the word guy? So he is not a guy??  If by chance you meant to emphasize normal then it would make your statement even worse.... who the heck are you to judge who is normal or not.... what is wrong with you ?
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]
    In a recent BDC article penned by Peter Abraham, regarding Bard's transition from reliever to starter, one of the questions to Bard was around his pre-start preparation. Bard stated:

“[John] Lackey walks around with no pants on and bounces a baseball and eats peanut butter and jelly,” Bard said. I’ll just try and be me, whatever that is. Kind of find it. … I don’t think you ever quite figure out what to do with that time. Most guys try and keep their mind off the game.”

Bobby Valentine is hoping Bard adopts different customs than Lackey.

“Not the recommended routine before a game,” he said. “And not a real pretty sight in my imagination to tell you the truth.”

So, there you go in terms of an example of what I mean by "Lackey is not your normal guy".

Your inane question "So Lackey is not a guy??", my answer, with corresponding question back to you, is to my knowledge a "gal" has never played for the Boston Red Sox ergo was an explanation as to Lackey's gender required for you?

In terms of "who am I to judge who is normal or not", Sir it is my right based on my lifelong perceptions, which are my realities, to make my own judgements regarding anything. Just as it is your right to disagree and develop your own realities.

As far as "What is wrong with you?" Well, again Sir, many things most likely based on others perceptions....certainly yours.

13. This post has been removed.