No One Elected to HOF

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

No One Elected to HOF

What a culmination of a great career, to receive the ultimate honor and to be selected for baseball immortality.  The BBWA were right to elect my all time favorite player, No One, to the HOF. Let me say right now, that as a kid, No One was my favorite player. He did it all. Among all the candidates, No One had 3000 hits, 500 HR's and 300 wins, which are the traditional mileposts for induction. The fans truly loved No One, and to tell the truth, No One loved them back. Through it all, including the messy steroid era, many were tainted, but No One was above reproach. Even though No One was considered to be among the best who ever played the game, he remained humble after his foregone election. No One said he was honored just to be considered, and hadn't thought about what it all means, but you can be sure, as much as you could always count on No One for the big hit, or the great catch, or even that nasty strikeout pitch, come August, and the induction, No One will be there.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: No One Elected to HOF

In response to youkillus' comment:

What a culmination of a great career, to receive the ultimate honor and to be selected for baseball immortality.  The BBWA were right to elect my all time favorite player, No One, to the HOF. Let me say right now, that as a kid, No One was my favorite player. He did it all. Among all the candidates, No One had 3000 hits, 500 HR's and 300 wins, which are the traditional mileposts for induction. The fans truly loved No One, and to tell the truth, No One loved them back. Through it all, including the messy steroid era, many were tainted, but No One was above reproach. Even though No One was considered to be among the best who ever played the game, he remained humble after his foregone election. No One said he was honored just to be considered, and hadn't thought about what it all means, but you can be sure, as much as you could always count on No One for the big hit, or the great catch, or even that nasty strikeout pitch, come August, and the induction, No One will be there.

I'm not sure about No One's baseball accolades, but he did stab Polyphemus in his one eye.  

Sections
Shortcuts