1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

no panic.just the truth.

the sox are not as good as we want them to be.as they say you are what

your record is.the truth is that this team will not have a good record this

year.this will be a tough year for us sox fans but as always i will be with

them all the way.thats the truth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: no panic.just the truth.

I think when your power bat at 3b, your GG RF'er and basically the heart of your team are all out injured, its going to effect the team.

Doubie pitched good enough to win, but with three main pieces out, its tough. 

I agree though, its going to be very very hard to duplicate the magic that happened last year. Good thing i went into this year with no big expectations. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think when your power bat at 3b, your GG RF'er and basically the heart of your team are all out injured, its going to effect the team.

I agree though, its going to be very very hard to duplicate the magic that happened last year. Good thing i went into this year with no big expectations. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh come on...we are supposed to win the WS every year now aren't we?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh come on...we are supposed to win the WS every year now aren't we?

[/QUOTE]

It would certainly be nice wouldnt it?

Unfortunately, its no where close to realistic.

they spend to the limit every year, draft good, have a number of prospects that will need to play in Boston very soon and try to prove they belong, good vets and leadership, solid Manager and coaches, and the willingness to make a move when they deem necessary.

i NEVER get too concerned two weeks into the season with 145+ games left.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

All we can do is try to be highly competitive every year. On paper, if healthy, I think we still look like a ring competitor, but that doesn't mean we will win every year or even make the playoffs this year.

Things can happen any year. Let's hope we get our act together this year and make a strong run at another title. Injuries and down years may prevent us from doing so, but I like the team Ben put together this year, and I love our longterm outlook. Not many ML teams can look this good on both fronts: the now and the future.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Like southpaw, I was realistic coming into this season. We caught "lightning in a bottle," as they say, in 2013 and duplicating that is a tall order. Especially with Ellsbury and the very underrated Drew no longer around.

They're three games under .500, I think it is, with 92 percent of the season left. I'm not reserving a jumping spot on the Longfellow just yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Team desperately needs a lead off hitter and others to start hitting RISP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I prefer total unadulterated panic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

chocking has not started.....yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agree, but the boston media is saying speed is over rated. They act like losing ellsbury is not a big deal.. no he is NOT worth that money, but lets not be blind to the fact he is easy to replace. The old saying goes hitters go into slumps but speed does not.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

stop it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought Grady Sozemore led-off in Cleveland all those years.... why isn't he leading off for us?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]oh those LOBsters...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm sure there's a reason, and obviously Farrell knows his personnel better we do, but why not give JBJ a shot?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Either Sizemore or JBJ should lead off.  Re-sign Drew now, we need a good infielder and a clutch hitter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Either Sizemore or JBJ should lead off.  Re-sign Drew now, we need a good infielder and a clutch hitter.

[/QUOTE]
    Very badly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Being the beginning of the season, the team's losses and slumps are magnified.  The Sox likely aren't going to be able to duplicate all the magic they had last season, but come September, I fully expect this team to be in the midst of a heated playoff chase.

The inability to hit with RISP is frustrating for sure, but the fact that the team has had so many LOBsters is actually a good sign offensively.

Last night's loss, as with all one run games, you just have to chalk up to randomness.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Being the beginning of the season, the team's losses and slumps are magnified.  The Sox likely aren't going to be able to duplicate all the magic they had last season, but come September, I fully expect this team to be in the midst of a heated playoff chase.

The inability to hit with RISP is frustrating for sure, but the fact that the team has had so many LOBsters is actually a good sign offensively.

Last night's loss, as with all one run games, you just have to chalk up to randomness.

[/QUOTE]

Valid points. I would rather have a lot of LOBs, though it's frustrating as hell, than two runs on four hits.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

agree, but the boston media is saying speed is over rated. They act like losing ellsbury is not a big deal.. no he is NOT worth that money, but lets not be blind to the fact he is easy to replace. The old saying goes hitters go into slumps but speed does not.

[/QUOTE]

Speed is not necessarily overrated, but stolen bases are.

Ironically, Ellsbury's speed likely cost the Yankees a run in last night's game, not that it mattered in the end.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Valid points. I would rather have a lot of LOBs, though it's frustrating as hell, than two runs on four hits.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, very frustrating indeed.  By the same token, losing a 1 run game is usually a lot more frustrating to watch then getting blown out by 10 runs, but it's a much better sign for the team to get its losses by one run than to consistently get beat by 5 or more runs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of more concern to me than the team's record at this point is the condition of Dustin Pedroia's wrist. If he misses a significant amount of time that is really going to hurt our chances.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

One of the team's goals for 2015 should be to not let Pedey play on opening day.