No Pop Gomes! Oh NO YOU DIH-ENT!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Pop Gomes! Oh NO YOU DIH-ENT!

WOW!

is all I have to say!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: No Pop Gomes! Oh NO YOU DIH-ENT!

What a blast, all year it was someone different coming up big, night after night, its been exactly the same this post season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a blast, all year it was someone different coming up big, night after night, its been exactly the same this post season.

[/QUOTE]

Papi's big slam, Salty's walk-off hit, Victorino's big slam, Drew's Sac Fly, and then Gomes' blast.

Nice balanced attack even while being in an overall team slump, when it comes to spreading out the heroics.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here I thought Xander should bat 5th, and Gomes 6th... thankfully things unfolded the way they did. Now we need Shane back for Game 5.

[/QUOTE]

If Shane is ready, it's back to the Gomes vs Nava debate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I actually told my wife that Gomes going to hit an HR on the pitch before his HR.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is a total team effort. The players themselves work as a team. It is only us fans who keep trying to single out players and make scapegoats. Just the way it is. Just the way we are. The bottom line is : Find a way to win. They have done it all year. Just have to do it two more times. Does not matter who the hero is.  Just get it done.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is a total team effort. The players themselves work as a team. It is only us fans who keep trying to single out players and make scapegoats. Just the way it is. Just the way we are. The bottom line is : Find a way to win. They have done it all year. Just have to do it two more times. Does not matter who the hero is.  Just get it done.

[/QUOTE]

We should be capable of changing our ways, especially when the guys that we bash often come up big shortly afterwards.

(BTW, some of us "make scapegoats" much more than others.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Farrell's hunch pays off. Even though he wasn't supposed to be in the lineup, it was only because of the abuse Farrell got for his reasoning. He's right. He knows what he's doing. I would not take Gomes out of the lineup. But then again, I wouldn't have EVER taken Papi out of the lineup -- especially tonight -- so what do I know?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here I thought Xander should bat 5th, and Gomes 6th... thankfully things unfolded the way they did. Now we need Shane back for Game 5.

[/QUOTE]

If Shane is ready, it's back to the Gomes vs Nava debate.

[/QUOTE]

What's the big rush getting Shane back in the line-up? Start Gomes and Nava tomorrow. In fact, I'd go with the exact same line-up as game 4.

[/QUOTE]

If you've ever had lower back pain, you know that it can get even worse a day or two after the initial injury. Shane's battled through pain all year, but a back problem can be a whole different story. Hope he's able to go, but then again he's been dead cold (except for one notable exception of course), so I see no problem sticking with Gomes/Nava if not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Awesome game, love the grit our team has showing. This has been a great series and it looks like it will go to the end....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Farrell's hunch pays off. Even though he wasn't supposed to be in the lineup, it was only because of the abuse Farrell got for his reasoning. He's right. He knows what he's doing. I would not take Gomes out of the lineup. But then again, I wouldn't have EVER taken Papi out of the lineup -- especially tonight -- so what do I know?

[/QUOTE]

There was absolutely no hunch. Vic was hurt... there was no other choice to make.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

I actually told my wife that Gomes going to hit an HR on the pitch before his HR.

[/QUOTE]

My gf told me the same thing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My gf told me the same thing.

[/QUOTE]

My gut told me this was like a PH situation for Gomes. He has done extremely well in these situations all year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I had a hunch myself Moon, based on his previous at-bat.  Down 0-2 he fouled off 25-30 pitches (my rough estimation) and worked a walk.  When Johhny is seeing the ball, he is a grinder par excellence, so I knew he was locked in when he came up in the situation. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I had a hunch myself Moon, based on his previous at-bat.  Down 0-2 he fouled off 25-30 pitches (my rough estimation) and worked a walk.  When Johhny is seeing the ball, he is a grinder par excellence, so I knew he was locked in when he came up in the situation. 

[/QUOTE]

What it really came down to his Johnny is a great FB hitter but against a righty who throws in the high 90's he can be overwhelmed....having a guy who throws a 90 sinking MPH FB against him is asking for trouble because if it doesnt sink coming in it is gpoing to rise going out.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts