1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

No Progress for Clay Breakholtz

Here is the report from BDC. As anticipated, Breakholtz will miss even more time. His fragility is his Achilles heel and his lack of durability is a major reason the team will end up in 4th place with about a .500 W-L record:

The Red Sox were hoping Clay Buchholz would throw off the mound in the bullpen today. It did not happen. Buchholz threw only in the outfield.

That would seem to eliminate him from starting on Tuesday. It also could trigger the need for a minor league rehab assignment given his lack of innings this month. Since June 2, Buchholz has pitched in one game.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: No Progress for Clay Breakholtz

Sox have a history of understating / underestimating the severity of injuries. They invariably turn out to be worse than originally thought. Let's just hope that Clay is back before too long and stays  healthy. Otherwise , we are in trouble. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I never knock the really good players, injuries happen. Clay is an excellent pitcher. We always knew we needed to look outside for a true #1. Neither Clay (brital) nor Lester (poor long-term performance) are to be the #1 the team needs.

I've been saying we need a number one for ages. Your sidekick says it's all about replacing Manny.

If Buch or Lester ended up pitching like a number 1 and stayed healthy for a full season, it wouldn't have hurt to 2 or 3 number ones.

All winter long, I kept asking, "what are the chances Buch and Lester both stay healthy and pitch well wire to wire?" I figured the odds to be 50% at most.

Now, we have to rely on Lackey, Doubront, and Dempster to carry us? Yikes!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Morales is out now also for possiblly 2-3 wks?  Shoulder?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Another dumb thread by Pampsiegreen

Another dumb post by the village idiot

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Good to see we never get too old for the 3rd grade nicknames.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Here is the report from BDC. As anticipated, Breakholtz will miss even more time. His fragility is his Achilles heel and his lack of durability is a major reason the team will end up in 4th place with about a .500 W-L record:

The Red Sox were hoping Clay Buchholz would throw off the mound in the bullpen today. It did not happen. Buchholz threw only in the outfield.

That would seem to eliminate him from starting on Tuesday. It also could trigger the need for a minor league rehab assignment given his lack of innings this month. Since June 2, Buchholz has pitched in one game.

Pitching should be our #1 priority and I don't mean another Bedard or Cook guy to fill in the gap while we continue to wait for a youngster to develop, or present starter to recover from injury. Our team hasn't seen a top young starter make a real impact in the starting rotation for years so banking on a kid like Webster to get us through simply won't happen either.  He is not major league ready, just another youngster who had a decent ST so try someone else in a spot start or pull off a smart trade at some point.

The worst thing about Clays most recent injury is he will probably won't pick up where he left off when he returns.  We need another ace and closer on this club to keep us on top and finally have a real edge over divisional rivals.  We also need an impact bat, especially if Middy fades out of our future plans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

You at times can't help your self can you? So this team that has the best record in the America league, third best over all, is going to 13 games under 500 for the rest of the season? You sound so foolish when you keep making claims like this. The Red Sox are three games over 500 for June. Your goal is to be 5 games over 500 for each month. If the Sox win today and finish this brutal stretch that is extremely likely. At what put does your mea culpa happen when the Sox win 81 games by August or are you going to claim they are going to lose out?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

No need to repost Conan the Moron's useless nonsense. Despite promising to behave himself on the game thread some of us post on he has returned to form. Guess that promise turned out to be a lie. I believe that a man is only as good as his word. Where does that leave Conan the Moron? Banned soon, I hope. His post is reported.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

You at times can't help your self can you? So this team that has the best record in the America league, third best over all, is going to 13 games under 500 for the rest of the season? You sound so foolish when you keep making claims like this. The Red Sox are three games over 500 for June. Your goal is to be 5 games over 500 for each month. If the Sox win today and finish this brutal stretch that is extremely likely. At what put does your mea culpa happen when the Sox win 81 games by August or are you going to claim they are going to lose out?

[/QUOTE]

If the Sox end up winning 90 games or more I will be only too happy to admit that I was wrong. Will you do the same if they end up close to a .500 team? I am sticking with my prediction. The handwriting is on the wall. All you have to do is read it. I will help: Lester stinks; Buchholtz is made of glass; our closer is history; Morales is back on the DL; the team is SEVENTH in ERA and the pen is THIRTEENTH in ERA in the league. Pitching, pitching, pitching. Some teams have it; we don't. In the end that will cost us. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

clay learned well from Master Beckett - Pitch when you feel like it and make no apologies for missing starts.. "my off day is my off day" mentality...

Missing a month of starts should be caused by broken bones, back pain, ripped tendons etc. Does anyone really know what ails him? i saw that last game he pitched and it was not the achilles that made him leave the game. 

As always - 100% correct!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

clay learned well from Master Beckett - Pitch when you feel like it and make no apologies for missing starts.. "my off day is my off day" mentality...

Missing a month of starts should be caused by broken bones, back pain, ripped tendons etc. Does anyone really know what ails him? i saw that last game he pitched and it was not the achilles that made him leave the game. 

As always - 100% correct!

I believe he has a pain in the neck (the trapezius muscle). You know, I really don't blame him for his injuries or his not being out there in June if he is hurt. Its different from a position player like Ellsbreaky who refuses to play if he has a hangnail. Pitchers are involved in every play when they are on the mound. But the fact is that he DOES seem to get injured a lot; he IS fragile. Thats his history, and history is the best predictor of the future. He is very good when he is out there, but he just doesn't play enough to matter on the team a great deal.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Good to see we never get too old for the 3rd grade nicknames.

Pediatricians are part third graders anyway. Besides, the nickname fits. Buchholtz HAS been injured a whole lot during his fragile career. The nickname fits.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

4th place, eh?  Actually, that's optimistic for you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

No need to repost Conan the Moron's useless nonsense. Despite promising to behave himself on the game thread some of us post on he has returned to form. Guess that promise turned out to be a lie. I believe that a man is only as good as his word. Where does that leave Conan the Moron? Banned soon, I hope. His post is reported.

I thought you claimed Conan's posts didn't bother you.  Anyway, I decided to repost Conan just for the heck of it.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

After reading this short sighted critical post and others like it, I will no longer look to this site foanalysis or share my thoughts. They should create a front runners only page.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to LeftyGrove's comment:

[QUOTE]

After reading this short sighted critical post and others like it, I will no longer look to this site foanalysis or share my thoughts. They should create a front runners only page.

[/QUOTE]

Suit yourself

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

[QUOTE]

I thought you claimed Conan's posts didn't bother you.  Anyway, I decided to repost Conan just for the heck of it.   

[/QUOTE]

If you want to remember his posts, you will need to include them in your own posts. I am reporting all of his posts that I can see and the mods are removing them. Soon they will remove him along with all his posts.

In any event, I think that the parity in the ALE will mean that one team will finish behind us in fifth place. I think that the Jays and Orioles will finish ahead of us along with either the Rays or Yankees, whichever team has better pitching in the stretch run. With Breakholtz spending so much time off work and Lester stinking our SP consists of Lackey, Doubront, and Dempster-not a group that inspires dreams of a local World Series. And the pen started the day in 13th place in the AL-and they allowed four more runs today. Truthfully, we ought to be sellers at the trade deadline and commit to it 100% so that we don't waste 2015 along with this year and next.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So states Pimpsie Greenslime.  No disrespect intended to the former Red Sox second baseman.  

[/QUOTE]

If you want to remember his posts, you will need to include them in your own posts. I am reporting all of his posts that I can see and the mods are removing them. Soon they will remove him along with all his posts.

In any event, I think that the parity in the ALE will mean that one team will finish behind us in fifth place. I think that the Jays and Orioles will finish ahead of us along with either the Rays or Yankees, whichever team has better pitching in the stretch run. With Breakholtz spending so much time off work and Lester stinking our SP consists of Lackey, Doubront, and Dempster-not a group that inspires dreams of a local World Series. And the pen started the day in 13th place in the AL-and they allowed four more runs today. Truthfully, we ought to be sellers at the trade deadline and commit to it 100% so that we don't waste 2015 along with this year and next.

[/QUOTE]