Kevin Youkilis 3B
    Darnell McDonald LF
    Jason Varitek C
    Mike Cameron RF
    Marco Scutaro SS
    Josh Beckett RHP (6-2, 1.86)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee-yazzer. Show thee-yazzer's posts

Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th

after youk, that's a pretty bleak abyss.
    hey tito, what's better? 2 RH'S who couldn't hit a ball off a tee, or REDDICK, who at least has a shot.
    tito will never think outside the box.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

He plays into the lefty-righty thing more than any other Mgr., I believe.
    he should at least have Scutaro hitting 5th, at least he has somthing of an average. And, with DMAC 8th, if he does get on, we have some speed to steal and/or sacrifice with Beckett

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

i have refrained from criticizing DMac and Cams' perfromances because they were getting such limited run that I thought the lack of consistent rhythm was affecting their hitting.  But they have been getting a lot of PT of late and are still black holes.  And, given that Reddick has been smacking the ball purdy good, I don't see what Tito's reluctance is about at this point.  LET THE KID PLAY!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan93311. Show patsfan93311's posts

The law of Tito says that you should ALWAYS bat righthanders against lefties regardless of the outcome. It is what it is. Putting the "best" lineup out there comes second.

Yeah right! Stick a fork in it, Cameron and DMac are done. They are toast against any pitcher, lefty or righty. Against Cliff Lee they are burnt toast.  Can you say 0 for 6?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Tito manages by percentages, sometimes I wish we had hired the Tampa Bay guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to No Reddick! DMAC 5th:
    [QUOTE]RED SOX (45-32) Jacoby Ellsbury CF Dustin Pedroia 2B Adrian Gonzalez 1B Kevin Youkilis 3B Darnell McDonald LF Jason Varitek C Mike Cameron RF Marco Scutaro SS Josh Beckett RHP (6-2, 1.86)
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

You have to keep scratching your head with these lineups Tito puts up.  Reddick is the only OF 'lefty or not" we have that is hitting all pitchers well.  Maybe Terry thinks if McD or Cam have one good game our fans will forget how bad they have been, or it may get them going on a streak. 

Experienced or not, give Reddick some playing time against the Phils so he is prepared for them later. 

You are only as strong as your weakest link!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Darnell's bound to get a hit with RISP eventually (and hopefully tonight), but I just don't see how one justifies sitting Reddick.  If anyone should be sitting this one out it is Cameron.  Having both Cam and Darnell in the lineup is brutal.

Edit:  I just checked Cam's stats against Lee (see my post below).  Two for six with double and HR.  I guess that explains Cam being in there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th:
    [QUOTE]The law of Tito says that you should ALWAYS bat righthanders against lefties regardless of the outcome. It is what it is. Putting the "best" lineup out there comes second. Yeah right! Stick a fork in it, Cameron and DMac are done. They are toast against any pitcher, lefty or righty. Against Cliff Lee they are burnt toast.  Can you say 0 for 6?
    Posted by patsfan93311[/QUOTE]

Tonight's line-up is anemic, check that, on life-support. However, if Beckett can keep them off the board, we may get a blast from Agon or Pedey. Youk is beating the ball into the ground lately so I don't think he will get one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]i have refrained from criticizing DMac and Cams' perfromances because they were getting such limited run that I thought the lack of consistent rhythm was affecting their hitting.  But they have been getting a lot of PT of late and are still black holes.  And, given that Reddick has been smacking the ball purdy good, I don't see what Tito's reluctance is about at this point.  LET THE KID PLAY!
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you. And I think if it was most any other lefty but Lee, Francona might have been more inclined to play Reddick.

But as dominating as Lee has been and considering that lefties have hit just .204 against him, I don't have a problem with not starting Reddick. Cameron and McDonald might not be any better, but with at Reddick's stage of development, it's still probably a good idea to pick and choose which lefties he sees.

At some point, Francona does have to play Reddick against lefties just to see what he can do against them, but not against Lee at this point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VtRedSoxFan802. Show VtRedSoxFan802's posts

[QUOTE]He plays into the lefty-righty thing more than any other Mgr., I believe. he should at least have Scutaro hitting 5th, at least he has somthing of an average. And, with DMAC 8th, if he does get on, we have some speed to steal and/or sacrifice with Beckett
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Good point. Tito is stuck in his own rutt. This is not good coaching or managing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VtRedSoxFan802. Show VtRedSoxFan802's posts

[QUOTE]Tito manages by percentages, sometimes I wish we had hired the Tampa Bay guy.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Tampa Bay guy is a good manager. Tito is not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Here are the Sox stats against Lee:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/5353/cliff-lee

They are small sample sizes, but Cam (2 for 6 - 2B and HR) and Darnell (2 for 5) have had a measure of success.   Gonzalez is 7 for 10.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Tito wants to give the Phils a chance  by using his   3 pitcher line up.. 

Going  L/R he has now split up  DMac and Cam  so it's not automatic back to back outs.

Reddick  should get the same  shot Lowerie  did   he's  hot ride him..  but   c'mon Theo, you  gotta get Tito some new  toys  to play with and send these guys out to pasture.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VtRedSoxFan802. Show VtRedSoxFan802's posts

[QUOTE]Tito wants to give the Phils a chance  by using his   3 pitcher line up..  Going  L/R he has now split up  DMac and Cam  so it's not automatic back to back outs. Reddick  should get the same  shot Lowerie  did   he's  hot ride him..  but   c'mon Theo, you  gotta get Tito some new  toys  to play with and send these guys out to pasture.
    Posted by jackyldo[/QUOTE]
    Tito just needs his gum and tobacco. I wonder how much gum he goes through during a game?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Is funny     Varitek is between   DMac and  Cam  and   we  are not even talking about him  this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th : Ordinarily, I'd agree with you. And I think if it was most any other lefty but Lee, Francona might have been more inclined to play Reddick. But as dominating as Lee has been and considering that lefties have hit just .204 against him, I don't have a problem with not starting Reddick. ............  At some point, Francona does have to play Reddick against lefties just to see what he can do against them, but not against Lee at this point.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

I couldn't possibly agree more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]Is funny     Varitek is between   DMac and  Cam  and   we  are not even talking about him  this year.

I actually had the thought that maybe he should be batting behind Youk.  How's that for bizarre?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

All I can say is, hopefully Josh throws a shutout.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th : Ordinarily, I'd agree with you. And I think if it was most any other lefty but Lee, Francona might have been more inclined to play Reddick. But as dominating as Lee has been and considering that lefties have hit just .204 against him, I don't have a problem with not starting Reddick. Cameron and McDonald might not be any better, but with at Reddick's stage of development, it's still probably a good idea to pick and choose which lefties he sees. At some point, Francona does have to play Reddick against lefties just to see what he can do against them, but not against Lee at this point.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear you Roy.  I suppose it be prudent to not throw the kid into the fire against the likes of cliff lee.  But then again, why not?  a. even if he can't see Lee's split with a telescope, it is likely better than results that Camdonald would produce at this point, and b. the kid has shown he has serious mojo.  What better way to test it?  But I dig what you are saying.  Caution is required.  And Tito is nothing if not cautious.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this is a white flag lineup - nothing more nothing less....sickening

just pray that the Gods have a sense of humor and let these ohfer's hit for once in a blue moon - especially with risp

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

While I have been and will continue to be an advocate for playing Reddick, I'm not sure I see any great benefit tonight.  Against Lee righties have done better this year, but in the month of June he has given up 1 run in four starts and over 30 innings.  Might as well send out the usual suspects and hope for the best. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I was hoping not to see both DMac and Cameron in the lineup at the same time again, and I was not expecting to see DMac batting fifth.  I was about to jump from what geo calls the "bootlickers" side of things until I read Roy's post regarding DMac and Cam vs. Lee and the exception that might be considered for Reddick regarding Cliff Lee. 

If Cliff Lee is on his game, I don't think any move is going to matter much. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Tito wants to give the Phils a chance  by using his   3 pitcher line up..  Going  L/R he has now split up  DMac and Cam  so it's not automatic back to back outs. Reddick  should get the same  shot Lowerie  did   he's  hot ride him..  but   c'mon Theo, you  gotta get Tito some new  toys  to play with and send these guys out to pasture.

Popularity has always been a tough debate in Boston.  I agree it should come down to putting your most productive "current" lineup out there, not one that has produced in the distant past.  Lets just hope Mcd, Cam or Drew can help us in this series.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Tito must be sniffing something. Those two guys shouldn't even be on the 40-man roster, much less playing. Chalk up another one for the other guys.