No Reddick! DMAC 5th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th

In Response to Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th:
    [QUOTE]Tito must be sniffing something. Those two guys shouldn't even be on the 40-man roster, much less playing. Chalk up another one for the other guys.  
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]

Really?  You're throwing in the towel before the first pitch?  Have you forgotten who we have on the mound tonight?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]While I have been and will continue to be an advocate for playing Reddick, I'm not sure I see any great benefit tonight.  Against Lee righties have done better this year, but in the month of June he has given up 1 run in four starts and over 30 innings.  Might as well send out the usual suspects and hope for the best. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

As far as I can remember.....  Reddick is hitting lefties better MUCH BETTER than either D'Mac or Cameron (both of whom have been AWFUL AGAINST ANYBODY.....  lefties & righties)!

I am so tired of this knee jerk "get all the RH batters in," irrespective of HOW THEY ARE ACTUALLY HITTING AGAINST LEFTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS A M'n F'n JOKE!!!!!  RIGHT!?!?!?!?!

Not you Maxi!  Just the lineup!!!!  

When will enough be enough with respect to D'Mac & Cameron!?!?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'd like to see Theo go out on a limb and try to manufacture a trade for a real OF, then I'd like to see unconditional releases for Drew, McDonald and Cameron to make some room on the roster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]He plays into the lefty-righty thing more than any other Mgr., I believe. he should at least have Scutaro hitting 5th, at least he has somthing of an average. And, with DMAC 8th, if he does get on, we have some speed to steal and/or sacrifice with Beckett
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Lefty / Righty thing doesn't work if the righties can't hit anybody. And look at Reddick's stats against lefties? Read the book " The Extra 2%: How Wall Street Strategies took a Major League Team from last to First". It's on the Rays and Joe Madden doesn't care about the lefty/righty thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Sox have historically sucked v. lefties and primarily using righty-packed lineups have rarely paid off for Tito over the years....so naturally, play the two .100 banjo guys. Give Ortiz a glove and stick him in RF...it's that bad, yes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Darnell's bound to get a hit with RISP eventually (and hopefully tonight), but I just don't see how one justifies sitting Reddick.  If anyone should be sitting this one out it is Cameron.  Having both Cam and Darnell in the lineup is brutal. Edit:  I just checked Cam's stats against Lee (see my post below).  Two for six with double and HR.  I guess that explains Cam being in there.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Hey Joel - Another bunch of garbage. When did Cameron get those hits against Lee? Also, if you are playing by the numbers, he shouldn't play on Thursday against Hamels, given that he is 1 for 8 lifetime with 4 K's. His numbers are .153/.218/.275 for an OPS of .493.  He shouldn't play against a little leaguer.

Read this comment from NESN:
    McDonald, hitting .109, is in left field and will provide protection in the order to cleanup hitter Kevin Youkilis against left-hander Cliff Lee.  HAHAHAHAHAHA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Play the kid, if only for his superior defense ! Has most recent hit vs. a LHP of the three, and he's as hot as a cheap pistol in Roxbury on Saturday night !

Roy, Reddick has 150 a/b's in the bigs, he's not some wet-behind-ears rook from AA Hicksville. A few breaking balls from Big Bad Lee aren't going to crush his psyche !

Reddick is either the 2011 in-house solution in rf, or possibly the long term answer if Kalish doesn't fully recover; he should be getting as many plate apps as possible. For batting eye development or to showcase for possible trades, either way.

I've never been a Tito basher, but his stubborn loyalty to non-productive vets( See Mike Timlin) is bordering on insane.Theo MUST do something, trade Cameron for a bag of balls, and release/ DFA McDonald if that's what it takes to get this kid his games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Darnell is   4   for  41 outdoors.
                   2   for  28 vs. Lefties
                   2   for  18  vs. Righties.
              that's  5  for  45    avg.  .109
                   2  for  21  with runners in scoring position with 7 k's
                   1  for  14  risp w/2 outs  with 5 k's.
                   0  for    4  with the bases loaded.

Using Terry's logic   He's  Due..

Using Terry's logic  I am going to by a Mega Millions  ticket  - I'm due !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It certainly adds a major subplot to tonight's game.  Has Terry Francona lost his marbles putting these two in the lineup again, or will he prove the critics wrong?  Stay tuned.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

DMac vs. lefties this year:   3 for 28
    Cameron vs. lefties this year  9 for 60
    Reddick vs. lefites this year: 4 for 6, 7 for 16 lifetime

Where's the logic?
    The only logical thing is that Francona is putting these guys out there basically telling Theo:

" I need two new damn outfielders".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

ADG, and further it's a mockery due to the sample size Tito frequently uses when he "matches" up hitters v. pitchers. It's truly pathetic in this particular case. It's pretty much what geo said, white flag lineup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]It certainly adds a major subplot to tonight's game.  Has Terry Francona lost his marbles putting these two in the lineup again, or will he prove the critics wrong?  Stay tuned.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Hfxsoxnut,

No offense, but "or will he prove the critics wrong?"

Really???

There is no "proving" anything on this ONE decision!  If they hit well tonight??

GREAT!  Is it doubtful they will??????  ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!

If they do hit well tonight, does that PROVE ANYTHING?!?!?!

Of course not!!!!

These 2, Cam & D'Mac KNOW THEIR ROLES!

SO FAR, both have FAILED MISERABLY!  Are their roles likely to change?????

With more playing time?  NOT IF ANYONE can help it!!!!

IF they can't perform on a spot start basis, Tito ABSOLUTELY NEEDS TO GO WITH THE HOT HAND! 

THAT'S Reddick!!!!!!!!   PERIOD!!

Tito, & the FO, need to cut the "loyalty" cr@p!

D'Mac & Cam ARE NOT PERFORMING, & haven't CONSISTENTLY FOR 1/2 a season++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TIME FOR A m f change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s.  sorry!  Not directed at you Hfx, just the "proving" thing........   :)   :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Not directed at you Hfx, just the "proving" thing........   :)   :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no problem.  It was just a joke anyway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

oops!  My bad!  :)   :)

Needed to vent about D'Mac & Cam anyway!  Both of whom I happen to like & respect very much!  They just aren't stepping up AT ALL THIS YEAR!

As Dad would say, "time to fish or cut bait!"  "Get off the pot, or $h!t!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Let's face it!!!!!   Even J.D. Drew is hitting TWICE AS GOOD as these 2 against LEFTIES!!!!!  For Chr. F'n Sake!!!  Let's all wake up & smell the coffee!

p.s.  sorry for almost using the Lord's name in vane! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

It's the 1st Francona Factor for tonight's game. I'd bet on more to come. There is absolutely no justification for playing Cam and D MAc, none what so ever. You can continue to wonder why he has them in the game, or look at any of my past posts.
    He is a managerial buffoon!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

You got to be F**king kidding me.  It's only 7:05 and I'm p*ssed and disgusted.  Why would Dsuck be batting 5th in the majors again after nothing but resent failure in that position.  I can't process this stupidly.  If you must put him in, at least bat him 7th or 8th.  I don't think that's to unreasonable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Tito has been fired. I'm taking over and here is the lineup you will see, tonight:

L Bellsbury
    R Scutaro
    L AGon
    R Youk
    R Pedroia
    R Varitik (Pinch hit Reddick/Drew)
    R Mac (Pinch hit Reddick/Drew
    R Cameron (Pinch Reddick/Drew)
    R Beckett (note: Beckett has more power to LF than bellsbury)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Tito has been fired. I'm taking over and here is the lineup you will see, tonight:

L Bellsbury
    R Scutaro
    L AGon
    R Youk
    R Pedroia
    R Varitik (Pinch hit Reddick/Drew)
    R Mac (Pinch hit Reddick/Drew
    R Cameron (Pinch Reddick/Drew)
    R Beckett (note: Beckett has more power to LF than bellsbury)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]You got to be F**king kidding me.  It's only 7:05 and I'm p*ssed and disgusted.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

And read his quotes on DMac:

"He's had a few line-outs," Francona said. "If he works himself into a count where he can get a pitch he can handle, he can really do some damage. He's gone through a little bit of a period now where he's swung at some breaking balls, some changeups and got himself either in the hole or made some easier outs. I do think he's getting closer. I know his batting average is what it is.

"But I think against a lefty, I know he's dangerous. When he gets it going, he saw him get real hot last year and do some damage. That's kind of what the hope is. But I can understand the question. Having David [Ortiz] not there makes it hard."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th : And read his quotes on DMac: "He's had a few line-outs," Francona said. "If he works himself into a count where he can get a pitch he can handle, he can really do some damage. He's gone through a little bit of a period now where he's swung at some breaking balls, some changeups and got himself either in the hole or made some easier outs. I do think he's getting closer. I know his batting average is what it is. " But I think against a lefty, I know he's dangerous. When he gets it going, he saw him get real hot last year and do some damage. That's kind of what the hope is. But I can understand the question. Having David [Ortiz] not there makes it hard."
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Wow, he really must think us fan are all either 8 or just plain dumbasses.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

POWER INNING THERE!!!   D'Mac, V-Tek, Cameron!  1, 2, 3    You gotta be
    $h!ttin me!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

So much whining. So little logic. First of all, Lee is:
    Home: 6-1 1.88 ERA
    Away: 2-4  4.30 ERA

Regardless who hits where, the chances of beating him in Philly is extremely remote. On top of that, Josh hasn't pitched in a while.

I've been advocating Reddick for some time, but not against lefties - especially this one. My point is, he won't be the savior UR hoping he'll be. Not against Lee.

IMO, I'd have hit Pedey fifth and Scut 2nd. But I doubt it would make the difference.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Lee is tougher vs Righties.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Not many teams are going to beat Cliff Lee right now, but I don't think we can beat many other teams with McDonald, Tek, Cameron, Scutaro, Beckett batting in the 5-9 holes

Sections
Shortcuts