No Reddick! DMAC 5th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th

Dmac hit a double with the game on the line...oh i mean he doubled after 2 horrific at bats (looking K and a popup)...Cameron 2 Ks, miserable. It was a white-flag lineup and they threw it in v. the best pitcher in baseball....nice effort

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's a "white flag" roster vs LHPs, danny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I don't think anybody liked the Sox lineup tonight more than Cliff Lee - probably the easiest night he has had in a long time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

.102 ??????????????????

I can hear the public address announcer now.  "For the Red Sox, batting fifth and hitting .102 ................!"

.102 ???????????????????????????  Come on now.

If a team with a $180 million dollar yearly payroll has to have a .102 hitter batting fifth in the middle of the season something is dramatically wrong.  And, this has not been just a one game situation and might even be seen again this week!!!

This is not meant to pick on McDonald because I am sure that he plays as hard as he can.  His lack of success is not from being lazy or not caring.  And, he made some nice contributions last season.

BUT, no major league team should field a starting lineup with a guy with a .102 average hitting fifth in the order.  

I have heard all the Gonzalez discussion about 'possibly pulling a hamstring' for over a week now so, if you can't play reddick out there for whatever reason, or drew for whatever reason how about sutton or even saltalamacchia?  These guys are young, have been playing baseball for 15-20 years and both and all will hit better than .102.

Cripes, I might be able to hit .102 !!!   Well, probably not but you get the point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Some of this has to be filed under s**t happens.  DMac had solid numbers against LH pitching last year and Cameron had great numbers against LH the last 3 years.  Pretty hard for Theo to predict they would be this sucktastic in 2011.  But it certainly looks like he needs to get us a RH hitter from somewhere.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I still don't get Dmac 5th ... even when he was hitting.

Cam would be better.

Stop, don't laugh at me .... I know it isn't saying much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th:
    [QUOTE].102 ?????????????????? I can hear the public address announcer now.  "For the Red Sox, batting fifth and hitting .102 ................!" .102 ???????????????????????????  Come on now. If a team with a $180 million dollar yearly payroll has to have a .102 hitter batting fifth in the middle of the season something is dramatically wrong.  And, this has not been just a one game situation and might even be seen again this week!!! This is not meant to pick on McDonald because I am sure that he plays as hard as he can.  His lack of success is not from being lazy or not caring.  And, he made some nice contributions last season. BUT, no major league team should field a starting lineup with a guy with a .102 average hitting fifth in the order.   I have heard all the Gonzalez discussion about 'possibly pulling a hamstring' for over a week now so, if you can't play reddick out there for whatever reason, or drew for whatever reason how about sutton or even saltalamacchia?  These guys are young, have been playing baseball for 15-20 years and both and all will hit better than .102. Cripes, I might be able to hit .102 !!!   Well, probably not but you get the point.
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

....ROFL ...

Can't even help myself ....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: No Reddick! DMAC 5th:
    [QUOTE]Lee is tougher vs Righties.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Really?  Lee has a higher K rate against LHH's and a lower BAA against LHH's this season.  A 0.71 WHIP against LHH's and a 1.19 WHIP against RHH's.