No, seriously. Don't ever shush me again.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

No, seriously. Don't ever shush me again.

The incident happened in the visitors dugout shortly before Saturday night's game between the Yankees and the Kansas City Royals. Rivera, who was conducting an interview with a small group of reporters about his meeting earlier in the day with the family of a young boy killed in an airport accident, asked Chamberlain to lower his voice because he could not hear the questions being asked.

"Joba, yo, bro, bro,'' Rivera could be heard saying to Chamberlain on a tape of the interview played for ESPNNewYork.com.

"Suave,'' Rivera said, using the Spanish word for soft, while making a palms-down gesture with his hands, according to eyewitnesses.

"You do this every day,'' replied Chamberlain, who apparently was trying to talk to some family members in the stands near the Yankees dugout at the time. "I don't see my family every day.''

Rivera could be heard chuckling on the tape, and continued the interview. But afterward, he was approached by Chamberlain, who said, "Don't ever shush me again.''

According to witnesses, Rivera tried to laugh that off, too, but a stony-faced Chamberlain repeated, in tones that contained a hint of threat, "No, seriously. Don't ever shush me again.''

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: No, seriously. Don't ever shush me again.

In response to slasher9's comment:

The incident happened in the visitors dugout shortly before Saturday night's game between the Yankees and the Kansas City Royals. Rivera, who was conducting an interview with a small group of reporters about his meeting earlier in the day with the family of a young boy killed in an airport accident, asked Chamberlain to lower his voice because he could not hear the questions being asked.

"Joba, yo, bro, bro,'' Rivera could be heard saying to Chamberlain on a tape of the interview played for ESPNNewYork.com.

"Suave,'' Rivera said, using the Spanish word for soft, while making a palms-down gesture with his hands, according to eyewitnesses.

"You do this every day,'' replied Chamberlain, who apparently was trying to talk to some family members in the stands near the Yankees dugout at the time. "I don't see my family every day.''

Rivera could be heard chuckling on the tape, and continued the interview. But afterward, he was approached by Chamberlain, who said, "Don't ever shush me again.''

According to witnesses, Rivera tried to laugh that off, too, but a stony-faced Chamberlain repeated, in tones that contained a hint of threat, "No, seriously. Don't ever shush me again.''

Jackazz.

He'd be lucky to be allowed to shine Rivera's shoes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Jackazz.

+1

This journalist agrees:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9267867/joba-chamberlain-not-fit-wear-new-york-yankees-uniform-public-warning-mariano-rivera

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

As HILLARY would say.......... "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"  !!!!

Run along and let the adults talk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Jackazz.

+1

This journalist agrees:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9267867/joba-chamberlain-not-fit-wear-new-york-yankees-uniform-public-warning-mariano-rivera

It's always unfortunate when a bad attitude ruins an otherwise promising career.

They should ship him to AAA, like the Sox did with Aceves.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

As HILLARY would say.......... "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"  !!!!

This comment pretty much says it all about BIll-806.

It never ceases to amaze me how Bill just doesn't "get it".

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Here is a link to slasher9's plagiarized material:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9267201/mariano-rivera-joba-chamberlain-new-york-yankees-ok-day-harsh-exchange

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

shrugs.  i thought it was obvious i cut and pasted an article.

anyone else wonder how joba and youk have gotten along?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to S5's comment:

For all of Josh Beckett's faults it DOES seem that he's an excellent judge of character.  Beckett is the one who referred to Chamberlain as, "Joba the {female genatialia}", what is a very apt description. 

I'm now convinced. He said "I wouldn't take back or regret anything I've done". Does that include not having bug spray, hitting Youk, hurting his arm in an attempt to be a SP, excessive celebrations on critical punchouts (although alot of relievers do that), the DUI & trampoline?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. 

I'm reminded of when Cliff Johnson broke Goose Gossage's thumb and George said, "____ Johnson.  Trade him to Cleveland".  And Johnson was in Cleveland by the end of the day.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Chamberlain in an Astro's uniform by the end of the week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to thepeskypole6's comment:

Here is another article by Wallace Matthews and he just kills Joba. I happen to agree with every word.

I've already posted this, but better 2x than none.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to S5's comment:

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. 

I'm reminded of when Cliff Johnson broke Goose Gossage's thumb and George said, "____ Johnson.  Trade him to Cleveland".  And Johnson was in Cleveland by the end of the day.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Chamberlain in an Astro's uniform by the end of the week.

Agreed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I wonder if Chamberlain ever told Youkilis to shush.   LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

well he used to throw at his head and/or behind him so i wonder what words if any were ever exchanged during spring training....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegrandsalami. Show thegrandsalami's posts

It may not turn out to be a very big deal I;m sure that every team has that one guy that teamates arent really crazy about,That being said guys like Joba should maybe be listening rather than talking;he might learn something.KNOW YOUR ROLE BRO!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

well he used to throw at his head and/or behind him so i wonder what words if any were ever exchanged during spring training....

i'm sure they were a little stronger than shush :-)

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts