No Sox, no Yanks No big signing news...Cespedes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

No Sox, no Yanks No big signing news...Cespedes?

Pujols, Prince, Cespedes  have not had the Sox or Yanks bidding.
    Very surprised they both pretty much declared a moratorium on giant contracts.

The Yanks seem pretty well set--will they dial up for Cespedes--I think yes. I don't think they can resist.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: No Sox, no Yanks No big signing news...Cespedes?

I am sure they will look into it, but if his asking price is out of line, I don't think they will move on it. I think Cashman and Hal Steinbrenner are in this for the long haul, especially with payroll. And their need to cut by 2014 is real.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Can't see either team taking a risk on this guy...regardless of rating.  Neither can afford a big long term contract since both are looking to cut salary. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I don't even have a problem with his rumored asking price.  I have a problem with his seemingly poor contact skills.  I get that a lot of it is rust, but still why take the chance by playing winter ball?

I do think that Cespedes is bringing another problem to light though.  If this was a Japanese player coming over through the posting system, there's no chance he would be looking at a salary anywhere near this high, because of the posting fee.  Big markets who plan on coming close to the cap would be better served leveraging the posting process since the posting fee doesn't count against the cap.  Easy fix is to include posting fees in contract AAV calculations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Yanks seem to be moving away from this and are talking to Raul Ibanez as their LH hitting DH. His B.A. was down but power numbers were still decent. Not a big $ investment for a professional bat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Heard Cashman in two different interviews in the last week say that he wants to find a young hitter through a trade that the Yanks can  control.  Yanks have plenty of chips to do that. Maybe you read something different recently but guys like Ibanez, Damon, etc. seem down his list. And I think the Yanks would take a hard look at Soler and/or Concepcion before Cespedes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's not a moratorium on big contracts; it's a moratorium on high-priced 1Bmen (Pujols & Fielder).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox4life2280. Show sox4life2280's posts

There is not a snowballs chance in hell that the Sox sign Cespedes!!!
    They just signed Cody Ross to play the outfield, and traded Scutaro, their starting shortstop, to be able to sign a starting pitcher.  THERE IS NO MORE MONEY TO BE SPENT THIS SEASON.  Wake up people!!

And on a side note...how great does Adrian Gonzalez's contract look (7 years @ 154 million) compared to Pujols and Fielder.  Money well spent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: No Sox, no Yanks No big signing news...Cespedes?:
    [QUOTE]It's not a moratorium on big contracts; it's a moratorium on high-priced 1Bmen (Pujols & Fielder).
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

And we both already have one. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Yanks will, Sox won't

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: No Sox, no Yanks No big signing news...Cespedes?:
    [QUOTE]Yanks will, Sox won't
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Yanks will what?

Sections
Shortcuts