No Ubaldo = No world Series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

No Ubaldo = No world Series

If theo does not land ubaldo jimenez then the sox can kiss their world series hopes good bye. Guys like bedard, kuroda, guthrie etc with not make enough of an impact. The only guy worth trading for is ubaldo jimenez. The rockies want middlebrooks and ranaudo as the two main guys for him. If I am theo i would give them those guys in a hearbeat. Ranuado is like 22 years old and is in high A and whiel middlebrooks is good we have other 3B prospect in checcini, boegarts etc. For once i would like to theo get a deal done and not worry so much about the damn prospects. He needs to be more like ruben amaro jr who is the phillies gm. The guy identifies a guy he wants that will fill a need and he gets a deal done. Look at how many big trades he has pulled off hallday, lee, oswalt, and now pence. He gave up some high ranked prospects for pence but so what. He got his guy. Who knows if those prospects will ever pan out. We need a number 3 starter. Buchholz will be out for potentially the whole season. The rest of the rotation outside of beckett and lester is a joke. Something people need to keep in mind is that buchholz was not the original number 3 starter and was originally the number four guy after the sox got lackey. The only reason he became the number 3 starter is because lackey sucked so they decided to drop him in the rotation. Ubaldo Jimenez would give us a 1-3 punch that could go toe to toe with the phillies in the playoffs. Just once i would like to see theo give the other team what they want and get a deal done. If they want ranaudo and middlebrooks then fine. Ranaudo would be blocked in the rotation anyways if we jimenez and middlebrooks is blocked at 3B. These guys are expendable. New prospect come in every year. Opportunities to acquire an ace pitcher who is only 27 years old and in his prime with a dirt cheap contract does not. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: No Ubaldo = No world Series

Lackey is an Ace, how many more do you want?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

oh ya an ace with an era over 6? lol

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

no if they traded ranuado in a deal for jimenez, they would be set with beckett, lester, jimenez, buchholz, lackey. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

wouldnt expect buchholz back.

No pun intended.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm glancing at Jimenez' stats and I am seeing a guy who is having a bit of an off year.

ERA is higher than it has been in 4 years.

W-L is not healthy either.

The walk to strikeout ratio , however, is good.

Is this guy really a season-make or breaker? I just don't see that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I SAY "YES" MAKE THE DEAL NOW!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Ubaldo Jimenez has a higher WHIP than Tim Wakefield.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The thread title is a tremendous overstatement.

While he might help, I'm very leary about him. He's like 12-15 with a 4.31 (something like that) ERA over his last 30 to 35 starts in the N.L.

I'm not seeing it. Too many people are hung up on his great start last year. He's been mediocre at best since then.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: No Ubaldo = No world Series:
    [QUOTE]I'm glancing at Jimenez' stats and I am seeing a guy who is having a bit of an off year. ERA is higher than it has been in 4 years. W-L is not healthy either. The walk to strikeout ratio , however, is good. Is this guy really a season-make or breaker? I just don't see that.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

all true zill

but his last 2 months show considerable  improvement

and his home vs away whip is interesting IMO

home 1.67  away .99 whip

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=jimenub01&year=2011&t=p

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

I'd be all in for him too. A great arm, low-impact motion, throws FB with excellent movement. MPH velocity down a bit this year due to off-season workout program, or lack thereof. Still great hits/innings and k/bb rates.
    E.R.A., W-L record & W.H.I.P. numbers reflect a hard-luck pitcher working at Coors Field 50  % of time.

But check out seasonal AND career numbers on road !( 2011= 2.83 era, 0.994 whip). And in 2007 he looked okay at Fenway in WS game.

But I thought it was Weiland & Middlebrooks ?
    For three years at relatively low cost I'd give them all 3.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Oh almost forgot. Rarely allows home runs, anywhere, but especially away from Coors Canaveral, as the locals here in Colorado term it.

Healthier than Harden or Bedard, younger than Kuroda, cheaper than W. Rodriguez.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tyler Scionti. Show tyler Scionti's posts

Sorry saw the title of the post and laughed a bit. Ubaldo Jimenez had one great season last year and struggled to put it together this year. And to bring forth such an ultimatum is pure folly. I've always detested these freak-out posts, sure lets break the bank on Jimenez and take a huge chance he'd be good. I believe Guthrie and Shields are also available, both excellent and both cheaper, probably better bets considering they've had extensive experience in the AL east, one of the best hitting divisions in all of baseball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tyler Scionti. Show tyler Scionti's posts

Also, please give theo credit, the guy broke the bank to get Gonzo and Crawford, it's not like he is as tight fisted as he is made out to be.