NO WAY ORTIZ CLOSES IN ARBITRATION OR 2 YEARS AT 18M

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

NO WAY ORTIZ CLOSES IN ARBITRATION OR 2 YEARS AT 18M

these numbers seem really small to me. perhaps arbitration at the last minute. seems like he could get 3 years and 40m easily from the yanks or angels!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: NO WAY ORTIZ TAKES ARBITRATION OR 2 YEARS AT 18M

Then why the world we are all not hearing any big fat contract offers to Papi like the Marlins offering Pujols for 200mm!!!

If the Jeter and A-Rod were a young player, Yankees would easily go after Papi!!  But Jeter and A-Rod aren not young, and are prone to injury to the next many years.  Meaning one of them will be batting DH soon.  That is why the Yankees isnt interesting Papi.  For the Angels, I m shock they are never interesting Papi.  But I do think Scoiatti (the spelling of his last name is incorrectly), the manager of the angels, never like to use anyone to bat as a full time DH.  He alway like moving people around especially he use so many people at the DH spot.  That may be one of the reason why the Angels do not want Papi.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Espn is reporting on Facebook that he has accepted.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Papi not accepting arb would be an early Chrismas gift to Red Sox Nation.
    Youk as the DH for the Sox will work well.
    Using Papi's $12 M. will buy the Sox a few Pen arms.
    Please do not accept arb!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: NO WAY ORTIZ TAKES ARBITRATION OR 2 YEARS AT 18M:
    Posted by TheExaminer

doesnt mean the yanks cant pull another texeira move and hawk in at the last moment and blow him away. think of the mental edge, like us taking jeter or mariano. imagine how a motivated papi will be in NY?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

That would be a great favor from the Yankees.  And I suspect they know that, which is just one of the reasons they will NOT be offering Ortiz a 3-year contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Posted by TheExaminer

Comcast Boston Sports reporting conflicting reports out of Dallas. some say Ortiz has accepted arb, others say he hasn't and has until midnight
    Wednesday to decided. Stay tuned

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: NO WAY ORTIZ CLOSES IN ARBITRATION OR 2 YEARS AT 18M

In Response to NO WAY ORTIZ CLOSES IN ARBITRATION OR 2 YEARS AT 18M:
    these numbers seem really small to me. perhaps arbitration at the last minute. seems like he could get 3 years and 40m easily from the yanks or angels!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

He's going to accept. No one is giving him anything. He costs any team signing him a first round pick. Red Sox assured he'd be back. Stupid move offering him arbitration.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rick7g. Show rick7g's posts

In Response to Re: NO WAY ORTIZ CLOSES IN ARBITRATION OR 2 YEARS AT 18M:
    In Response to NO WAY ORTIZ CLOSES IN ARBITRATION OR 2 YEARS AT 18M : He's going to accept. No one is giving him anything. He costs any team signing him a first round pick. Red Sox assured he'd be back. Stupid move offering him arbitration.
    Posted by ADG

You don't get the first round pick unless you offer him arbitration.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: NO WAY ORTIZ TAKES ARBITRATION OR 2 YEARS AT 18M : Comcast Boston Sports reporting conflicting reports out of Dallas. some say Ortiz has accepted arb, others say he hasn't and has until midnight Wednesday to decided. Stay tuned
    Posted by J-BAY

I don't know what to think j. I can see pros and cons either way. I'd like to see him stay, but I'd also like to see Youk as part time DH with a David Wright/Aramis Ramirez type character at third/DH. But then when I think that, I'm forced to ask myself if those guys can go .300/30/100 or thereabouts like Papi did last year. Not sure they could, hence the quandary! I feel very insecure and unsure of myself, and once again need my blanky........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

So Youk at DH yeah fat chance that you will see the numbers Ortiz puts year in and year out. Also have you ask yourself how well those home run hitters do here in Boston? Not so well. Same goes for Beltran Cuddayer etc. Check their stats in Fenway. So I hope Ortiz stays. Also the Yanks were interested just to mess with the Sox. Also several teams were and still after Ortiz.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: NO WAY ORTIZ TAKES ARBITRATION OR 2 YEARS AT 18M : I don't know what to think j. I can see pros and cons either way. I'd like to see him stay, but I'd also like to see Youk as part time DH with a David Wright/Aramis Ramirez type character at third/DH. But then when I think that, I'm forced to ask myself if those guys can go .300/30/100 or thereabouts like Papi did last year. Not sure they could, hence the quandary! I feel very insecure and unsure of myself, and once again need my blanky........
    Posted by TheExaminer

More pros than cons IMO,Exam. Comes down to the terms. I think arb is the way to go. Even if Sox over pay for one season, not locked into a second. we'll see soon enough, decision day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The Sox offered him arbitration because, for this next year, Ortiz is the best DH option.  The Youk-as-DH thing is a panicky notion that the Sox string-pullers do not share.  Just because Youk was injured last year does not mean that he should not get at least one more shot at being the full-time third baseman.  

To boot, the Sox would have ended up spending just as much money to get the "Wright/A. Ramirez" type to split 3rd/DH duties.  A nice fantasy, but, Papi is still integral in making this club tick, and Kevin Youkilis is not a DH yet.  Maybe I am wrong on this.  maybe the Sox are wrong.  But, the best gamble is to see this year out with Youk at third, Papi at DH.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

too late Papi has accepted arbitration anyway,  so its a moot point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

It is being reported Wheeler will not accept arbitration. I have heard here and in other reports that David Ortiz is going to accept arbitration which seems to make sense to fans, but I am not sure if David has said that. David Ortiz may still be trying to get other teams to make him an offer for 2 or 3 Seasons so that those teams are bidding against what the Red Sox are likely to pay for a 1 Season arbitration award? Anyone know if there is a way to verify what, if anything, has been filed with MLB?  Not sure what the title of this post means by saying "no way Ortiz closes in arbitration".  Does that mean the author thinks David has not accepted arbitration OR that David won't negotiate for 2 or more years for a certain $ amount?                              

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Felger and Mazzarotti on Comcast in its afternoon Report at 4:23 pm announced that David Ortiz has accepted Arbitration.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

They  can still work out a 2 year deal before the arb date.   Maybe 2 @ 20 mil

Sections
Shortcuts