Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The immortal humor of Yogi Berra.

Kind of reminds me of this forum, and how it used to be a nice place to chat.

It's too crowded now. Too much drama. Too little substance.

I once posted and replied often. Now it seems so irrelevant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

ZILLY, I know just what you mean !!!!   I sometimes get to the fork in the road, & take it !!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Good morning Eyore.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

The Good News.......  SPRING TRAINING gets "underway" soooon !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

ZILLY, you have been on this board for many years......  Maybe you are "going thru the change"  ?????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Or maybe he's reached the point in his life where he doesn't suffer fools lightly. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Too much testosterone!

Too much "my dad can beat up your dad" stuff going on, and a lot of name-calling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

Too much testosterone!

Too much "my dad can beat up your dad" stuff going on, and a lot of name-calling.

But Alass, the "TRUCK" should be leaving sooooon !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

But Alass, the "TRUCK" should be leaving sooooon !!!!

[/QUOTE]

that's my favorite yogism zill

not much going on right now

hopefully bill is right and things pick up for truckday

things seemed a tad more lively last truck day

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This place actually exceeds my expectations.  Mind you my expectations are very low. :-)

The place is a mess but I don't let the mess obscure the fact that there still a lot of good posters here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Pinstripezac35 that is a funny and creative pic!!!  Thanks for the laugh!!!  :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I highly recommend watching the movie, "Argo".  Ben Affleck did a fantastic job.  

Argo > The Hobbits

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

The Good News.......  SPRING TRAINING gets "underway" soooon !!!!

Why are  quotation marks needed there? You do that a lot, are you "not too smart"?

Not that I need to "SPLAIN",  Buttttt,  "UNDERWAY" sort of goes hand & hand with "SHIPS MOVEMENT"  !!!!!  I bet your glad that you asked !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Zilla the convos haven't been all that great of late, and you should come around more for sure! 

But I'd argue it's not that noisy or crowded, in fact there is less traffic, these boards aren't even featured on the sports home pages the way they used to be. You have to be determined to find them. Plus with BDC transitioning, losing important features like "ignore" and not adding them back we've lost folks who don't want to put up with the lack of those features. 

But you should definitely post more....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Zilla the convos haven't been all that great of late, and you should come around more for sure! 

But I'd argue it's not that noisy or crowded, in fact there is less traffic, these boards aren't even featured on the sports home pages the way they used to be. You have to be determined to find them. Plus with BDC transitioning, losing important features like "ignore" and not adding them back we've lost folks who don't want to put up with the lack of those features. 

But you should definitely post more....

Im sure that the entire board, concurs !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Zilla, it should also be noted that, though there is as much if not more bluster as there ever was on our venerable board, it is off-season.  And, as a rule, the banter gets less interesting, more redundant as far as baseball and more virulent in personal attack than in-season board activity.  There is just so much that can be discussed without the actual drama unfolding to talk about.  Idle baseball is the devil's post-ground.  It'll come around when ST starts heating up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

there's not much to say really...

which is not exactly a good sign...

but i do look forward to the season starting regardless of what place we finish in...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

there's not much to say really...

which is not exactly a good sign...

but i do look forward to the season starting regardless of what place we finish in...

Dunno.  Depends on how you read signs Geo.  I mean, there was so much to talk about during the winters of 10-11 and 11-12, and what did that get us?  Jes' sayin'.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Maybe others are having trouble with the log-in like I have had lately?  Seems my profile name is on top of the page, but if I want to post I have to sign in.  And then it asks me to update my profile.  When I click the return to what you were doing button I end up back at the login page.  round and round it goes.  Sometimes, if I open the Boston Globe button from bostondirtdogs home page I will be signed in.  Other times not.

That complaint aside, I am really looking forward to this season in a way I have not recently.  More like 2007, after the disappointment of 2005 and disaster number of important injuries in 2006.  Sure there are no real big names to look forward to playing, such as was the case after the 2010/11 off-season.  But the team is remade now, and I look forward to seeing if these guys can really click, and if Napoli and Gomes can take advantage of playing in Fenway.  I also think the starting pitching could be really good.

I took a survey on whether Lester would rebound this season, and well over 90% of respondents said yes.  That being the case I cannot see why people aren't a lot more optimistic about this season.  The offense looks good (Silva rated it better than the Yank's on the whole, and that should easily be better than the Orioles' or Rays').  The bullpen is really solid.  If the starters can rebound to 2010 levels, this team will be very competitive, and that all starts with Lester.  If he leads the staff with what was before last season rather steady production of 220 or so Ks, in over 200 IP and an era around 3.40, then the rest should fall in line.  Buchholz and Doubront were decent last year.  Morales was good when extra starts were needed.  Dempster will almost certainly be much improved over what Cook and Matsuzaka offered last season.  And Lackey should be pitching healthy for the first time in a Sox uni. 

I am cautiously optimistic.  If they flounder all through April and May, I may tune out, but for the start of the season, right from the first workouts of ST, I will be intensely interested to see how they fare.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I have only been posting here regularly for about six months and I am impressed with the number of good posters here-as well as the total number of posters who post regularly. Some people here are stat freaks and provide the rest of us with good objective data, saving us the time and effort it would take us to look up what is posted by ourselves; others are more opinion based. Its a good mix. Of course, there are a few lemons here who waste everybody's time with personal attacks or irrelevant attempts to police the board on their own, but they are easily ignored for the most part, even without the ignore button.  One factor to consider is that not only is the team in decline, thereby decreasing the interest level, but its still the offseason. Once the season starts up again things will heat up here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

Definitely agree with parhunter, as the calendar turned to Feb my anticipation for the season has risen.  In some ways I like that the expectations are lower than for the last few years.  With all the talk of best team ever just 2 years back, nothing but a series title could satisfy.  This year I think they'll be much more motivated to prove this team is a realistic contender.  With some luck and especially good health, they could well surprise.

To twist one of my other favorite Yogisms, cut the pizza into 8 pieces this time.  I'm hungry enough to eat all 8.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Idle baseball is the devil's post-ground.  

LOL well said Spaceman.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Perhaps the mods are trying to clean things up?  I've never seen so many "this post has been removed" (not using useless quotes for Bill :)  until very recently. 

I think this is both good and bad.  It seems a lot of posters have been banned lately.  Sometimes for nothing more than calling out Stiffy for his bigoted rants??  It almost seems like retribution by the mods for being "forced" (yes forced bill :) to remove their favorite villain?

Now, I'm not a huge fan of the drama, as Zilla put it, but I really don't like the "brownshirtaryintarianism!" (new term stolen from GWB:)  I'm constantly amazed when a stupid political thread is started, & GUYS GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to go to that thread, read the stuff that bothers them so, then whine that it's not a political board.  Why go there in the first place?  I just don't get it.  If you don't want to engage in the discussion????  DON'T READ IT!  Why is that so hard for some people?  Hmmmm???