Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

thanks ice cream

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

This place actually exceeds my expectations.  Mind you my expectations are very low. :-)

The place is a mess but I don't let the mess obscure the fact that there still a lot of good posters here.

nice bob

could be good advice 4 both R fan bases this yr

This insert team actually exceeds my expectations.  Mind you my expectations are very low. :-)

The insert team R a mess but I don't let the mess obscure the fact that there still a lot of good players here.

When the Red Sox play well, it's like a twofer.  The Red Sox play well, and the board is fun again. 

no doubt that's a big part of it sheriff

time of yr and

poor expectations don't help either

I'm guessing that's why the yankee board is so quiet 2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Now is the Winter of our discontent

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Now is the Winter of our discontent

Soon to become the "winter of the BLOCKBUSTER" !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Humor aside, I actually think the forum is much improved in the absence of stiffy and pike. :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

The immortal humor of Yogi Berra.

Kind of reminds me of this forum, and how it used to be a nice place to chat.

It's too crowded now. Too much drama. Too little substance.

I once posted and replied often. Now it seems so irrelevant.

I have only been posting here regularly for about six months and I am impressed with the number of good posters here-as well as the total number of posters who post regularly. Some people here are stat freaks and provide the rest of us with good objective data, saving us the time and effort it would take us to look up what is posted by ourselves; others are more opinion based. Its a good mix. Of course, there are a few lemons here who waste everybody's time with personal attacks or irrelevant attempts to police the board on their own, but they are easily ignored for the most part, even without the ignore button.  One factor to consider is that not only is the team in decline, thereby decreasing the interest level, but its still the offseason. Once the season starts up again things will heat up here.

That is cuz you were banned at talksox for attacking others.

Thank you for making my point again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The real problem is that since the Sox did a white flag trade in August,  we are in our sixth month of offseason, with 6 more weeks to go.

It is intolerable

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Zillion you are right ....it is déjà vue all over again..........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I think it gets like that every year in Jan-Feb.  The roster is fairly well set.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to notin's comment:

The real problem is that since the Sox did a white flag trade in August,  we are in our sixth month of offseason, with 6 more weeks to go.

It is intolerable

Truth is, its not going to be particularly tolerable again until we are either competitive again or until the plan to become competitive becomes obvious. Right now the team seems to be drifting. The most glaring problem has not been adequately addressed. They have neither acquired an ace SP nor is one on the horizon in the minors. It would take a lot of surprises for us to compete for a ring this year. Yeah, I am spoiled by the successes of 04 and 07, but its been too many years without October baseball in Beantown.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

It is intolerable

Truth is, its not going to be particularly tolerable again until we are either competitive again or until the plan to become competitive becomes obvious. Right now the team seems to be drifting. The most glaring problem has not been adequately addressed. They have neither acquired an ace SP nor is one on the horizon in the minors. It would take a lot of surprises for us to compete for a ring this year. Yeah, I am spoiled by the successes of 04 and 07, but its been too many years without October baseball in Beantown.

It's been 3 freakin' years, dude.  Talk about spoiled.  Ya know, sometimes I hate Red Sox fans in spite of being one myself.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

It is intolerable

It's been 3 freakin' years, dude.  Talk about spoiled.  Ya know, sometimes I hate Red Sox fans in spite of being one myself.  

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

The immortal humor of Yogi Berra.

Kind of reminds me of this forum, and how it used to be a nice place to chat.

It's too crowded now. Too much drama. Too little substance.

I once posted and replied often. Now it seems so irrelevant.

Last night I ordered a 4 slice pizza, heck it was so big I asked them to cut it into 8's !!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

For years and years before 2004, I used to lament that I'd give up 10 last place finishes for just one ring in my lifetime. 

2004 did spoil me, and 2007 kept us wanting more, more more, but I am totally fine with some down years as long as we are making serious moves to build for the future. 

I don't call "non-moves" a serious plan.

I don't call signing bridge players part of "building for the future" (unless we deal these guys for prospects- doubtful).

We should have gone for a near total rebuild. Some bridge players would have been fine in this light, but I can't seem to see much to praise about this winter's moves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Winter of Our Discontent

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

As for the NY Yankees, they will either play great such as the San Antonio Spurs or they will struggle like the LA Lakers.  

I'm surprised that the Yankees had a quiet offseason.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Winter of Our Discontent

Nice. +1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

It is intolerable

Thats 3 freakin' years too long.............dude.

Sections
Shortcuts