Nominations for Captain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Nominations for Captain

My nomination for the new Captain of this club is Pedie the dirtdog.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Nominations for Captain

Dustin is certainly most-deserving and the best candidate.  But I am all for giving the big C patch a break for a minute.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Nominations for Captain:
    Dustin is certainly most-deserving and the best candidate.  But I am all for giving the big C patch a break for a minute.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Agreed, the "C" is a bit much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Nominations for Captain":
    Dustin is certainly most-deserving and the best candidate.  But I am all for giving the big C patch a break for a minute. Posted by SpacemanEephus
    Or a century or two...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Shelve the "C" for now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Nominations for Captain:
    Posted by Hammah29r2

I hear ya space. it was totally tongue in cheek. I honestly think that the only sport that should have a C on the uni is hockey. I gotta tell you man, I am really jacked to get this springtrainning program going. The big texan showed me something showing up 5 days early, not to mention lester and buch as well. I think that Bobby V is gonna right the ship from the get go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

MY GUT FEELING IS THAT BOBBY V. LIKE DICK WILLIAMS IS A NO CAPTAIN TYPE OF GUY !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Nominations for Captain : I hear ya space. it was totally tongue in cheek. I honestly think that the only sport that should have a C on the uni is hockey. I gotta tell you man, I am really jacked to get this springtrainning program going. The big texan showed me something showing up 5 days early, not to mention lester and buch as well. I think that Bobby V is gonna right the ship from the get go.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

I'm with you brother.  I feel much better in February about an underdog club that has been kicked in the teeth than a sleepy pre-season Best Team Ever.  I like that Beckett comes with a chip on his shoulder.  I like that Gonzo's shoulder is healthy.  I like the new guys a lot.  I like a healthy Youk and Buchholz, a slim & trim Jenks, and most of all (though I was sad to see the Best Sox Manager Ever go) I am happy to have Bobby V. at the helm getting this house in order.  Remember when there was so much ado about the 2011 Sox being 'unlikable?  Well, I think the failure of the season, the new regime, and the new blood have come together to make this club downright likable.  I love that half this board has these guys down for no better than third in the division and no playoffs, guaranteed.  Love it.  Write em off.  That glint that you are picking up from Ft. Meyers?  Thats the eye of the tiger.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The holy C needs a rest, after all, we saw how much it mattered last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Nominations for Captain : I'm with you brother.  I feel much better in February about an underdog club that has been kicked in the teeth than a sleepy pre-season Best Team Ever.  I like that Beckett comes with a chip on his shoulder.  I like that Gonzo's shoulder is healthy.  I like the new guys a lot.  I like a healthy Youk and Buchholz, a slim & trim Jenks, and most of all (though I was sad to see the Best Sox Manager Ever go) I am happy to have Bobby V. at the helm getting this house in order.  Remember when there was so much ado about the 2011 Sox being 'unlikable?  Well, I think the failure of the season, the new regime, and the new blood have come together to make this club downright likable.  I love that half this board has these guys down for no better than third in the division and no playoffs, guaranteed.  Love it.  Write em off.  That glint that you are picking up from Ft. Meyers?  Thats the eye of the tiger.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

fkn A to that man....you stole my thunder about bobby jenks. they said he lost close to 30 lbs. he was one of my surprises of this season. the other two are CC having a hugh year with his wrist healthy and the return of Dice K. What Japanese pitcher wouldn't want to pitch for a manager that speaks his language eh space?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

What Japanese pitcher wouldn't want to pitch for a manager that speaks his language greetings hammer I heard others say that too nothing better than a  spring training high but doesn't it matter what that voice says I'm thinking a lot of these guys like to pretend they understand less engish than they do
    Posted by pinstripezac

Hi Zac! In this case I think it really is a plus that Bobby V speaks the lingo. the extra plus is that he managed for 4 years in japan and knows how to motivate those guys.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

What Japanese pitcher wouldn't want to pitch for a manager that speaks his language greetings hammer I heard others say that too nothing better than a  spring training high but doesn't it matter what that voice says I'm thinking a lot of these guys like to pretend they understand less engish than they do
    Posted by pinstripezac

You are probably right.  But I think the issue with Matsuzaka, more than many other Japanese pitchers, is not about actual words lost intranslation per se.  It was that Tito/Farrell could not speak the peculiar language of the JPL Pitcher.  They only spoke MLB pitcher.  Valentine is fluent in JPL pitcher. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Thought I read somewhere that "C" would not be replaced if Tek didn't come back.  One of Valentine's early remarks?  Maybe I dreamed it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Nominations for Captain:
    Posted by Hammah29r2

I think we should give it to Pede.  He may be a small guy but his presence and value on and off the field is huge.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Forget the "C" on the uniform jersey, that's for hockey.    The same with "A" for Assistant Captain.

A Captain leads by example and is likely to be a career member of the Sox and not go elsewhere when his free agency time arrives.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

A Captain leads by example and is likely to be a career member of the Sox and not go elsewhere when his free agency time arrives.
    Posted by OnDeckCircle

I agree. If there is to be a new captain to replace Varitek, it has to be Pedey. He is truly the heart of this team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'll nominate Morgan for Captain,but just not during games. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sapper1. Show sapper1's posts

Yes, put the "C" on the shelf for now. But Dustin would get my vote if they still do it!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

After last year it's time for all the players to step up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The manager should be the " Captain ."  Having a player as captain is often just a manager shirking his responsibility.  If it is merely a symbolic thing , then Pedroia would be a good choice.  But , I don't think it would be fair to expect Pedroia to get on his teammates.

Sections
Shortcuts