Not a Great Start For Buchholz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Not a Great Start For Buchholz

Buchholz limped off the field with tha trainer, after a play at first, on the first day of Spring Training.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2013/02/hamstring_strai.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Not a Great Start For Buchholz

Sounds like a job for Toradol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Cue georom in 3,2,1...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I suppose it's good that's he's getting his injuries out of the way now, instead of the second game of the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I suppose it's good that's he's getting his injuries out of the way now, instead of the second game of the season.

I agree.  it seems like a mild one too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

There is only one way that someone gets injured on the second day of spring training, where workouts are probably not even challenging:

He's clearly not in playing shape, just like every other year it seems...

Great start, Clay...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"It's all Beckett's fault", said geo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

2 guys were also shut down from shoulder soreness. Doobie and breslow. nothing serious but during long toss they had discomfort in their shoulder. Shutdown to make sure it doesn't turn into an injury issue.

not worried about buch. long time before the season starts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

The Titanic is lifting anchor, enjoy the voyage!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

you whine a lot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The commander of the Crybaby Cadre has spoken.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Perhaps these players should have mandatory winter workouts so that these kind of things don't happen the first time a player has to do a bit of running.  Buch, as someone stated above, just isn't in any kind of playing shape at this point in time.  One would think that with his history of injuries that he would be a better picture of health when he arrives at ST.  But I guess that is why they call it ST...for those who don't take care of their bodies over the winter.  Shame to start on such a bad note.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Gotta love the whole guaranteed contract thing. lol.....Go UNION!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Ok, this is funny.  I am a sox fan altough some question it when I blog about Ortiz.  Hopefully just the change in the manager will add some wins.  I don't think Farrell is much better then Bobby, but he will handle the press better.  I do believe that when players like their manager, they play better. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to traven's comment:

Perhaps these players should have mandatory winter workouts so that these kind of things don't happen the first time a player has to do a bit of running.  Buch, as someone stated above, just isn't in any kind of playing shape at this point in time.  One would think that with his history of injuries that he would be a better picture of health when he arrives at ST.  But I guess that is why they call it ST...for those who don't take care of their bodies over the winter.  Shame to start on such a bad note.

kind of a short sighted post considering most athletes DO have winter workout programs and you have no clue who is doing what during the offseason. You can do all the workouts you want during the offseason but if you don't stretch properly or even something as simple as move the wrong way you can pull a muscle during ST..

to infer he is out of shape over this little issue when you have no idea what he did over the winter is off base.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

kind of a short sighted post considering most athletes DO have winter workout programs and you have no clue who is doing what during the offseason. You can do all the workouts you want during the offseason but if you don't stretch properly or even something as simple as move the wrong way you can pull a muscle during ST..

to infer he is out of shape over this little issue when you have no idea what he did over the winter is off base.

totally spot on. I don't think there is a serious pro athlete from any sport that doesn't work out during the off season. and remember that I said the words serious athlete.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

While this isn't the most encouraging news it's nothing to be worried about either.]

Just don't do it Dony and Debbie downers!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

And/or Francona's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

that's what I was thinking mef

the odds might not favor it

but yeah it's possible he was in great shape

and took a short cut stretching out for a '' easy workout''

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Exactly.

A quote from Buchholz:

"It was towards the end of the round," Buchholz said. "Just a matter of doing all the sprints yesterday and being a little tight, I guess. Maybe I didn't stretch as much as I needed to, but lesson learned. I'll be stretching every day now, as much as I can. They said it's minimal, maybe five days or so. I'll be able to re-evaluate tomorrow, see what the soreness is like and just go from there."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

It's to early for this!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We keep expecting near perfect health and a harmonious allignment of good seasons from sketchy starters. It's been a long wait for us to seriously address our starting rotation.

de la Rosa and Webster were nice pick-up for the longterm outlook.

Lackey was an attempt at fixing the problem, but it hasn't worked out to well so far.

Replacing Beckett with Dempster is not a fix.

That's about it since losing Schill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

We keep expecting near perfect health and a harmonious allignment of good seasons from sketchy starters. It's been a long wait for us to seriously address our starting rotation.

de la Rosa and Webster were nice pick-up for the longterm outlook.

Lackey was an attempt at fixing the problem, but it hasn't worked out to well so far.

Replacing Beckett with Dempster is not a fix.

That's about it since losing Schill.

wasnt Dempster better than Beckett last year? or are you still using stats from april-august 2011?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

And/or Francona's.

i was misquoted out of context

-jon beckett lester & mef

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Damn, this is Dice-K's fault!!!  

Sections