Not a Great Start For Buchholz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Not a Great Start For Buchholz

In response to moonslav59's comment:

We keep expecting near perfect health and a harmonious allignment of good seasons from sketchy starters. It's been a long wait for us to seriously address our starting rotation.

de la Rosa and Webster were nice pick-up for the longterm outlook.

Lackey was an attempt at fixing the problem, but it hasn't worked out to well so far.

Replacing Beckett with Dempster is not a fix.

That's about it since losing Schill.

Even Schill had a lot of downtime due to injury. Thank goodness he had one great season left in him in 2004 and enough remaining for 2007.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

two years ago, the med staff would have ran for cover.. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to traven's comment:

Perhaps these players should have mandatory winter workouts so that these kind of things don't happen the first time a player has to do a bit of running.  Buch, as someone stated above, just isn't in any kind of playing shape at this point in time.  One would think that with his history of injuries that he would be a better picture of health when he arrives at ST.  But I guess that is why they call it ST...for those who don't take care of their bodies over the winter.  Shame to start on such a bad note.

kind of a short sighted post considering most athletes DO have winter workout programs and you have no clue who is doing what during the offseason. You can do all the workouts you want during the offseason but if you don't stretch properly or even something as simple as move the wrong way you can pull a muscle during ST..

to infer he is out of shape over this little issue when you have no idea what he did over the winter is off base.

you think the Sox pitchers have come to camp in shape? really? maybe you should google the words "beckett fat" and see what you get....sox players, thanks to francona's club med spring training, were always the worst conditioned baseball players anywhere...and we have the injury list to prove it...looks like farrell is inspiring that same type of physical toughness as manager as well...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Perhaps these players should have mandatory winter workouts so that these kind of things don't happen the first time a player has to do a bit of running.  Buch, as someone stated above, just isn't in any kind of playing shape at this point in time.  One would think that with his history of injuries that he would be a better picture of health when he arrives at ST.  But I guess that is why they call it ST...for those who don't take care of their bodies over the winter.  Shame to start on such a bad note.

kind of a short sighted post considering most athletes DO have winter workout programs and you have no clue who is doing what during the offseason. You can do all the workouts you want during the offseason but if you don't stretch properly or even something as simple as move the wrong way you can pull a muscle during ST..

to infer he is out of shape over this little issue when you have no idea what he did over the winter is off base.

you think the Sox pitchers have come to camp in shape? really? maybe you should google the words "beckett fat" and see what you get....sox players, thanks to francona's club med spring training, were always the worst conditioned baseball players anywhere...and we have the injury list to prove it...looks like farrell is inspiring that same type of physical toughness as manager as well...

please point out where i said ANY of that (or even inferred it)..... i didn't even mention a players name let alone the red sox pitching staff.

if your going to misquote me at least make sense geo. i figured with all the practice you've had you would at least put forth a better effort. *sigh* you disappoint me.

here is my post again:

so please point out where i said any of what you just posted.

step your game up Geo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

I

is this what you wrote? you are saying clay has come to camp in shape? then i asked you if you think sox players have come to camp in shape? simple enough question....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

I

is this what you wrote? you are saying clay has come to camp in shape? then i asked you if you think sox players have come to camp in shape? simple enough question....

i don't know if clay is in shape or not (i never said he was or wasn't in shape). that's the point of my post , we have no clue WHAT he did over the winter. he may have ran 10 miles a day, he may have sat on the couch with a bag of salt and vinnegar chips or anything in between. we don't know. Just because he pulled a muscle during ST doesn't mean he is out of shape. There are multiple ways to pull a muscle without being out of shape.

it's like math (IK your a history nerd but please follow along)

X+Y=100. that may be true but without knowing the value of X or Y we have no way of knowing if the statement is correct. To say Clay is out of shape based solely on the fact that he pulled a muscle is over reaching because you don't have all the information. especially when the equation is more like calculus than it is basic algebra.

to answer your other question, i don't know, i'm not in ST watching them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

I

M

i don't know if clay is in shape or not (i never said he was or wasn't in shape). that's the point of my post , we have no clue WHAT he did over the winter. he may have ran 10 miles a day, he may have sat on the couch with a bag of salt and vinnegar chips or anything in between. we don't know. Just because he pulled a muscle during ST doesn't mean he is out of shape. There are multiple ways to pull a muscle without being out of shape.

X+Y=100. that may be true but without knowing the value of X or Y we have no way of knowing if the statement is correct. To say Clay is out of shape based solely on the fact that he pulled a muscle is over reaching because you don't have all the information. especially when the equation is more like calculus than it is basic algebra.

Mef, correct me if i am wrong but didnt clay show up to 2012 camp about 20 pounds heavier than his playing weight the year before? i know he was skinny but he did seem to look a bit beer bloated...anyways im not too worried...he's my choice to be the sox ace this year and im sticking with that answer

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to selenium's comment:

What a waste of your time debating this guy.

We had no doubts you would return,  pike.  It was just a question of when.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Yeah I am not going to get too concerned about a pulled hammy two days before Valentines Day.

I really wish I could.  But I cant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Yeah I am not going to get too concerned about a pulled hammy two days before Valentines Day.

I really wish I could.  But I cant.

If only you could see how this proves Clay is a shiftless, chicken&beer loser.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It does point to the fact that he has a drug problem and beats his wife, but I think that the rest of it will play itself out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

You make blanket statements as if they are fact. Most of the injuries to RS players over the past 3 years had nothing to do with being in or out of shape. Ellsbury, Kalish, Youk, etc.. Had nothing to do wIth the players shape. Even the Achilles issuePapi has is not in or out of shape issue. 

I have two friends who are always in great shape yet without proper stretching they knew a pulled muscle was lurking nearby. They stretched all the time before, during and even after games and practice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

I

M

Mef, correct me if i am wrong but didnt clay show up to 2012 camp about 20 pounds heavier than his playing weight the year before? i know he was skinny but he did seem to look a bit beer bloated...anyways im not too worried...he's my choice to be the sox ace this year and im sticking with that answer

i didn't hear anything about him coming into camp overweight last year but he very may well have.. still, that has no bearing on his shape coming into camp THIS YEAR.

pulling a muscle doesn't mean your out of shape.. just means you didn't stretch properly

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

You make blanket statements as if they are fact. Most of the injuries to RS players over the past 3 years had nothing to do with being in or out of shape. Ellsbury, Kalish, Youk, etc.. Had nothing to do wIth the players shape. Even the Achilles issuePapi has is not in or out of shape issue. 

I have two friends who are always in great shape yet without proper stretching they knew a pulled muscle was lurking nearby. They stretched all the time before, during and even after games and practice.

when i was wrestling i was in the best shape of my life (you ever cut weight before?) and still pulled a muscle if i didn't stretch before and after practice/matches.

BTW hi pike :D

soapbox mode: engaged

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Pike is back? Cool - I would love to hear how this is good news. Those upbeat views by the experts on the Sox before the season - my only issue with those reviews was starting pitching. We need Buch to pitch like a number two guy or we are going to have some issues

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

when i was wrestling i was in the best shape of my life (you ever cut weight before?) and still pulled a muscle if i didn't stretch before and after practice/matches.

114 my friend ...best shape of my life too and never had a strain, pull, or bum knee/back because i was so stretched out and in shape...the red sox players will never be anything close to wrestlers...as a matter of fact, please youtube Superstars to see how well MLB players stacked up as athletes in the 1970s...pretty funny (although outdated some still look like that today)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

114 my friend ...best shape of my life too and never had a strain, pull, or bum knee/back because i was so stretched out and in shape...the red sox players will never be anything close to wrestlers...as a matter of fact, please youtube Superstars to see how well MLB players stacked up as athletes in the 1970s...pretty funny (although outdated some still look like that today)

Seriously, Sox would have made playoffs the last three years if they were required to attend my yoga bootcamp and follow daily anusara regimen.  No question.  50% less injuries and all that yoga work would have provided ownership with the 'sexy' they were shooting for.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

pike has returned from Elba!

now he will cause great chaos and eventually be exiled (banned) again

History repeating is soooo cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Haha, ten minutes into the season and our first major injury. I laughed out loud when I read this. Here we go--already! 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to selenium's comment:

Secret handshakes, Fraternities. Emoticons that are not understood by other forum participants.  Talk about cliques? 

@#2-arp, ^&*E^----&*X (4+4) ;-) :'(, &:===!!

Your atomic number is 34. We understand. Now is the time to move on your enemies my friend.

Sections
Shortcuts