Not a Great Start for Dempster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Not a Great Start for Dempster

In response to softlaw2's comment:

No way he gives an ERA over 150 IP plus of "around 4". He'll do well to have an ERA "around 4.5". As for 200 IP, if he goes that many, the Red Sox had better score a lot of runs for nearly all of this rejected into the market old man. Great leader for the Cubs....................................

He was a good pitcher on a bad team that has never happened before? I thought you said pitching doesn't matter? Also what othe. Than two starts in Texas make you think he is a bad pitcher?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Blame others for the bad team? I blame Dumpster, since he was a high paid veteran who is supposed to lead. I never said "pitching doesn't matter". I said it's the game logs and the overall staff per game performance and the construction of the roster for home park and division is more important than blowing a bunch of money on 2nd and 3rd rate bums like Dumpster.

Dumpster (if you came up with that name, I did it too, independently) is mediocre to poor. He is also apparently not a great leader. Hard to blame a zebra for having stripes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Blame others for the bad team? I blame Dumpster, since he was a high paid veteran who is supposed to lead. I never said "pitching doesn't matter". I said it's the game logs and the overall staff per game performance and the construction of the roster for home park and division is more important than blowing a bunch of money on 2nd and 3rd rate bums like Dumpster.

He did lead he had an ERA under 4 4 of the last 5 years. What should have done played LF on days he wasn't pitching?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He did lead he had an ERA under 4 4 of the last 5 years

In the NL, that's hardly a past worth boasting about. As for leading, veterans lead by their own performance and demanding individual player accountability for performance and effort. It's obvious why mercenary dumpster is a big "whoozer". Team success should be a critical factor before unloading a ton of money on old veterans like Dumpster.

No it shouldn't. You can't make up things like he is not a leader to convince yourself you are not wrong. He is a great teammate. He is a bit of the class clown type. What more could he done with the Cubs, he had an ERA in the 2's. It was a team dumping everyone they could. Should the Red Sox not have trade for Beckett and Lowell because the lowly Marlins traded them? You are foundamental lacking any logic or reason here.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

He is a great teammate. He is a bit of the class clown type. What more could he done with the Cubs, he had an ERA in the 2's. It was a team dumping everyone they could. Should the Red Sox not have trade for Beckett and Lowell because the lowly Marlins traded them

You made my point. It's about team performance, for veterans.  Dumpster had plenty of time to be an important part of a winning baseball team. That never happened. "Class clown" is just a personality. It's about winning, serious or pranksters aside.

Beckett and Lowell came as proven winners on the biggest stage. And they weren't as old as Dumpster. Beckett was poisoned by big contracts and entitlement union personality disorder. They had their chance to get rid of him when the signs were clear. He should have been out the door long before they threw him in with AGon to get rid of Crawbust and Beckett.

If the Red Sox had a GM with basic common sense, the results would be exponentially better. Labor isn't hard to evaluate, from year to year.

[/QUOTE]

Veteran can't be held responsible for the performance of the front office. He can't make bad players good. 

As for your last comment, you are so jealous of players salaries, you can never be happy. Even if they win they are winning with player making more than you.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I think the key for Dempster is to keep his pitch counts low.  If he gives us 5-6 solid innings every outing, he'll be very valuable at the back of the rotation.  If we ask too much from him, we're setting everybody up for failure.

In a nutshell, he can be what Freddy Garcia was to the 2011 Yankees, and better.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Veteran can't be held responsible for the performance of the front office. He can't make bad players good. 

In fact, a veteran is reponsible for the performance of the labor that is being paid to perform. The GM is accoutable for acquiring or extending bums like Dumpster with loser resumes.

As for your last comment, you are so jealous of players salaries, you can never be happy. Even if they win they are winning with player making more than you

Hard to be jealous when I make more money than "players salaries". I'm happy, sports and entertainment is a business that is hobby of mine. What makes me happy is winning teams and teams who return equal or better value.

What makes you happy? Teams that spend 150 million plus a year and don''t win a single playoff game in a half a decade?

Your first two sentences did not make sense. Are having a stroke? You said you are a lawyer that means you have some money but I highly doubt that you make make that much. A good lawyer in a state with a low COL like NC is what about 100000 and the average ML is 3.5 mil. So you would have to making 3500 times more than most in your position. So let's stop playing pretend here, it just doesn't make sense.

What makes mean happy is a team trying to do better. A team that is going to compete for a playoff stop. A team that could have pocketed the cash until the kids are ready like the Mets but decided to make a team competitive. I can't blame Cherington for the action of Epstien trying to please an ownership wanting sexy players.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They had their chance to get rid of him when the signs were clear. He should have been out the door long before they threw him in with AGon to get rid of Crawbust and Beckett.

Yes, they threw Beckett in the trade to dump Beckett.

Do you ever bother to read your own jibberish?

Sections
Shortcuts