Not a great start for Doubront

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Not a great start for Doubront

In response to georom4's comment:

two days, two pitchers down with strains..impressive...meanwhile excusemakers are saying Doubront has never pitched so many innings before..161

he's 25 years old...

Bob Feller at 22  ...320 innings...and he threw a lil harder than our porcelain dolls...the next year his arm was so tired that he only pitched 345 innings

bootlickingly inane

Documented evidence that you should only pitch at most 35% more than the year before. It is not the total innings it is the increase of innings that is the issue.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

two days, two pitchers down with strains..impressive...meanwhile excusemakers are saying Doubront has never pitched so many innings before..161

he's 25 years old...

Bob Feller at 22  ...320 innings...and he threw a lil harder than our porcelain dolls...the next year his arm was so tired that he only pitched 345 innings

bootlickingly inane

a) Don't you think maybe Bob Feller was a rare physical specimen, like Nolan Ryan, whose arm could tolerate that kind of stress.

b) How about we put together a list of young pitchers whose careers were cut short by arm injuries.  Take a look at the 1980 Oakland A's managed by Billy Martin.  He ruined a bunch of young pitchers' arms in the same year.  You can probably thank Billy for the innings limits pitchers have now.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to selenium's comment:

ADG starts another thread by going to the mountain top with his megaphone and proclaiming a FALSE CONCERN. This is ADG's act here. He starts such threads and never returns. His motive is to create negativity and conflict. It works every time.

While I believe with 99+% certainty you & kim aren't the same, you make a pretty good case for it. You both even reappear at the same time. I'll stick with the 99% conviction regardless.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

old school space....less coddling...make them go out and get their kinks out!

Now, had you said this, I would have dug your comment.  I personally agree.  More throwing, less tip-toeing.  Hard to compare across eras.  But, I tend to agree that pitchers are coddled now to a degree that actually keeps them from reaching potential, and also may make them more suceptible to injury.

My oy vay was towards your really annpying incessant use of this 'boot-licker' nonsense and your incessant dull slamming.  It is not interesting and makes you very unlikeable.  So, oy vay.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Now, had you said this, I would have dug your comment.  I personally agree.  More throwing, less tip-toeing.  Hard to compare across eras.  But, I tend to agree that pitchers are coddled now to a degree that actually keeps them from reaching potential, and also may make them more suceptible to injury.

My oy vay was towards your really annpying incessant use of this 'boot-licker' nonsense and your incessant dull slamming.  It is not interesting and makes you very unlikeable.  So, oy vay.

sorry if that offends you - but it really pales in comparison to the personal attacks some of us recieve daily for simply stating our opinions honestly....its funny that you are offended by that more...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

sorry if that offends you - but it really pales in comparison to the personal attacks some of us recieve daily for simply stating our opinions honestly....its funny that you are offended by that more...

No.  what i find obnoxious is when you say you are just "stating your opinions honestly" when you qualify every potential response to said opinion with "boot-lickers this and boot-lickers that".  I am not offended by it.  But it is obnoxious and mean-spirited.  You shouldn't pretend like you are good-natured, just-shooting-from-the-hip when you inset derogatory epithets in all you posts.

If you took that name-calling out of your posts I wouldn't care.  I would just good-naturedly take you to task for your general negativity.  But, quite honestly, I guess it bothers me because I like(d) you and I thought this feeling was reciprocal.  

The personal attacks you are talking about are in response to your choice of verbiage which, whether you realize or not, personally attacks.

Sections
Shortcuts