Not fair how Tito went out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

Not fair how Tito went out

One would think that the only manager to bring a WS title in the last 90 years to Boston would be a little more revered.  Tito did an outstanding job in Boston.  From dealing with Manny to dealing with the crazy expectations, he was great.  He never threw a player under the bus and you know he could have....Many times.  Just wish he would be able to come back happily and get that 10 minute standing O that he deserves.  What he didn't deserve was being kicked out of town rudely.  You're #1 in my book Tito....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Not fair how Tito went out

It was fair that he went out, but I agree the how was lousy. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Not fair how Tito went out:
    [QUOTE]One would think that the only manager to bring a WS title in the last 90 years to Boston would be a little more revered.  Tito did an outstanding job in Boston.  From dealing with Manny to dealing with the crazy expectations, he was great.  He never threw a player under the bus and you know he could have....Many times.  Just wish he would be able to come back happily and get that 10 minute standing O that he deserves.  What he didn't deserve was being kicked out of town rudely.  You're #1 in my book Tito....
    Posted by angeroo[/QUOTE]

"Terry, his dad was Tito, did an outstanding job in Boston. From dealing with Manny to dealing with the crazy expectations, he was great."
    All of the incidentals could have been handled by Dr. Phil. Terry wasn't a good in-game manager. He was fired, not kicked out of town. Whoever brought out the drug rumors was wrong to do so, and none of us know who did that. He should be grateful that the Sox gave him the chance to take over a team poised to win. He needs to suck up his hurt pride and show up at the 100th anniversary of Fenway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"Wanna come over to my house this weekend?"

"Theo, I had other plans, but I am staying put. I was going to Fenway, but nobody loves me there anyway."

"We could watch the festivities on T.V....that Jerry Remy really cracks me up!"

"Will there be food?"

"I've got chicken and beer,but I don't suppose you would want that....considering."

"I'll stay home, thanks."

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

"Terry, his dad was Tito,"

I know his name was Terry.  But I also know he went by the same moniker as his dad, Tito.  And when I called him Tito on the street in SF two years ago he turned and said "Yes, can I help you?"  Don't think I needed a correction on that...

And I seriously doubt DR Phil could have done any better..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

actually, it wasn't fair how Theo left us with a huge mess

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

actually, it wasn't fair how Theo left us with a huge mess

Ha  Very true.  That's a whole other discussion though.  Hey, at least we got Chris Carpenter for him....ugh  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Not fair how Tito went out:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Not fair how Tito went out : "Terry, his dad was Tito, did an outstanding job in Boston. From dealing with Manny to dealing with the crazy expectations, he was great." All of the incidentals could have been handled by Dr. Phil. Terry wasn't a good in-game manager. He was fired, not kicked out of town. Whoever brought out the drug rumors was wrong to do so, and none of us know who did that. He should be grateful that the Sox gave him the chance to take over a team poised to win. He needs to suck up his hurt pride and show up at the 100th anniversary of Fenway.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]
    BOSOX you never answered this before and probably will not this time.
    You always say poised to win hoever you always fail to realize that the 2003 and 2004 teams were totally different. Of the 50 who played in 2003 and 50 who played in 2004 only 20 were the same.
    THe BP had 4 guys from 2003, SP had Pedro and Lowe, SS and 1st were different as was most of the bench and guys bouncing back nd forth between Bos and Paw.
    IT WAS NOT THE SAME TEAM. 

It also had an average turnover of 7 players each year for the time Terry was there.

It was not the same team each year and was not destined to be a Dynasty as you have stated in the past.

The last Dynasty in MLB was the NYY  and that was because they generally had the same players for 15 years. Not having FA and only having to tweak the team from year to year and did that as they signed any amatuer player they wanted as there was no draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

BTW BOSOX the whole team called him Tito when he was here as did most of the media. Pointing that out was just dumb.

He also considered it an honor to be called by his father's name.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Tito will have his day at Fenway. This is just to soon after being fired. All good things come to an end. Lasorda-Dodgers; Torre-Yanks; LaRussa-Cards some end good most don't. When he does return he will get the reception he deserves!

12. This post has been removed.