Not good enough

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Not good enough

Tonights game is far from over but this kind of effort against average pitchers simply wont get it done for us.  When you insert a rookie in the lineup and he reaches base "showing some plate discipline" in his first major league ab, then gets his first hit there really isn't a reason the rest of the offense should be so lethargic.

Pick it up guys!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Not good enough

He doesn't look very average tonight. Rarely a pitch near the middle and lots of fast balls with nasty movement. Forget the rest of the lineup and look how AGon, Pedey, and Ortiz are struggling. Finally a double off the green monster in the 6th by Ortiz, but after Pedroia struck out and AGon grounded out to the pitcher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the offense has done this since last year....they score a ton of runs one night and than cant score the next.....no consistency with this team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

McCarthy's a far cry from average. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

AGon seems to be marching steadily toward the Mendoza line, a K with the bases loaded. Definitely not good enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Not good enough:
    [QUOTE]the offense has done this since last year....they score a ton of runs one night and than cant score the next.....no consistency with this team
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    Seven games with at least 11 runs; 10 (going on 11, it appears) with three or fewer runs. This has definitely been a team of extremes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Seven games with at least 11 runs; 10 (going on 11, it appears) with three or fewer runs. This has definitely been a team of extremes.

As I stated before, during and after the winning streak, this lineup is fatally flawed. It has been since Manny aged out. No way will it cut it.

A trade package should have been shopped hard during this winter and last, for a superstar young RH OF'er. It aint about the pitching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

This team stinks right now. Gonzo would have a hard time batting 10th on a good womans softball team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

hate to see how we are gonna play against the first place Orioles.
    It's not going to look pretty if we fall behind early. Their lineup
    is much, much better than Oakland's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scoobydew. Show scoobydew's posts

Looking for good argument about how the Sox will see .500 again this season.  All signs point no.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Ask Dave Magadan whatup with his strategy for the Red Sox offense.

How is that working out, Dave?

Hello? What about last September? Nothing?

Hire the incapable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bretb27. Show bretb27's posts

I'm a die hard sox fan, but I'm embarrassed to be a part of such a mediocre fan base.  We have some of the least knowledgeable fans in the game, and most of the people on this site are-weather fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]the offense has done this since last year....they score a ton of runs one night and than cant score the next.....no consistency with this team
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Every team does that...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a die hard sox fan, but I'm embarrassed to be a part of such a mediocre fan base.  We have some of the least knowledgeable fans in the game, and most of the people on this site are-weather fans.
    Posted by bretb27[/QUOTE]

On this site, we have foul weather fans.

Many of them only post when things are going wrong, and usually more out of gloating than frustration.  (And usually they're gloating requires a little revising to history...)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" s I stated before, during and after the winning streak, this lineup is fatally flawed. It has been since Manny aged out. No way will it cut it."

Wow we agree on something! Though you seem to take a sick joy in it "because you called it" so that's one difference. 

"I'm a die hard sox fan, but I'm embarrassed to be a part of such a mediocre fan base."

Seems rough. Hope you are able to get outside tomorrow. Just curious: which baseball fan bases do you think are more knowledgeable and superior to the Sox fan base? 

And how do you define fair weather exactly? Do you mean hopped on after the last World Series run? Or do you mean fans that say things you don't agree with here? Are you really surprised that some folks are frustrated after seeing more of our "spurty" offense that help to lay waste to last year's collapse? 

I'll tell you what was embarassing. Watching the team's epic collapse last season. And yeah, seeing signs of that same kind of "unclutch" offense does bother some people. 

True, there are high strung fans in here like the OP who think we should win every game, but if you hang around here for more than 20 posts you might find that there are some folks who do know a thing or two about baseball. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]Seven games with at least 11 runs; 10 (going on 11, it appears) with three or fewer runs. This has definitely been a team of extremes. As I stated before, during and after the winning streak, this lineup is fatally flawed. It has been since Manny aged out. No way will it cut it. A trade package should have been shopped hard during this winter and last, for a superstar young RH OF'er. It aint about the pitching.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Which superstar young RH Of'er Hank?  Be specific, give up what to get what?  You just sound ridiculous repeating the same comments without a single detail.  And no "blocked prospect" rubbish, names!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bretb27. Show bretb27's posts

When I talk to random sox fans, I can always tell they don't know as much as they should.  Fair weather meaning when we are on a win streak, everyone is happy, but the second we lose a game or two it's "ben cherington this, kevin you kill us that."  Fair weather meaning fans are texting behind home plate on an 0-2 pitch with the tying run on third.  Fair weather meaning fans are more excited about the wave and singing sweet caroline.  A lof of sox fans could care less about the outcome of the games, at least that's how it seems here in Florida.

[QUOTE]" s I stated before, during and after the winning streak, this lineup is fatally flawed. It has been since Manny aged out. No way will it cut it." Wow we agree on something! Though you seem to take a sick joy in it "because you called it" so that's one difference.  " I'm a die hard sox fan, but I'm embarrassed to be a part of such a mediocre fan base." Seems rough. Hope you are able to get outside tomorrow. Just curious: which baseball fan bases do you think are more knowledgeable and superior to the Sox fan base?  And how do you define fair weather exactly? Do you mean hopped on after the last World Series run? Or do you mean fans that say things you don't agree with here? Are you really surprised that some folks are frustrated after seeing more of our "spurty" offense that help to lay waste to last year's collapse?  I'll tell you what was embarassing. Watching the team's epic collapse last season. And yeah, seeing signs of that same kind of "unclutch" offense does bother some people.  True, there are high strung fans in here like the OP who think we should win every game, but if you hang around here for more than 20 posts you might find that there are some folks who do know a thing or two about baseball. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

2 years ago, after Lowrie career half season, I advocated dealing Ellsbury, Lowrie and blocked prospects for a list of RH young star profiles that included Kemp, J. Upton and McCutchen. 

Is that not specific enough for you, disturbed genocidal jokster shill........... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not good enough : On this site, we have foul weather fans. Many of them only post when things are going wrong, and usually more out of gloating than frustration.  (And usually they're gloating requires a little revising to history...)
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

I hear you notin but we have a huge payroll with high expectations for a reason.  Thats not to say we spent our money wisely because Theo certainly didn't.  Our team lacks consistency to the point it is fair to wonder whether we will finish first or second in the division.

With that said, many of us expected just that because of guys like Youk and CC repeating last season.  We are what we are and its not unusual or necessarily bad fans for stating our opinions or concerns.  The injury bug and bad signings seem to keep haunting this team but in all fairness maybe we need more changes like Lav catching and Middlebrooks at 3B.  AGon should be fine but we need to keep looking at the "big picture" and right now it falls on players we know haven't put the numbers up in a year or two, or often injured.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]When I talk to random sox fans, I can always tell they don't know as much as they should.  Fair weather meaning when we are on a win streak, everyone is happy, but the second we lose a game or two it's "ben cherington this, kevin you kill us that."  Fair weather meaning fans are texting behind home plate on an 0-2 pitch with the tying run on third.  Fair weather meaning fans are more excited about the wave and singing sweet caroline.  A lof of sox fans could care less about the outcome of the games, at least that's how it seems here in Florida. In Response to Re: Not good enough :
    Posted by bretb27[/QUOTE]

Its not that we are all happy during winning streaks but it does make being a fan of a 500 or below club hopefull and less willing to look, or talk about the big picture.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]2 years ago, after Lowrie career half season, I advocated dealing Ellsbury, Lowrie and blocked prospects for a list of RH young star profiles that included Kemp, J. Upton and McCutchen.  Is that not specific enough for you, disturbed genocidal jokster shill........... 
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

And are you positive that the Sox never offered Ellsbury, Lowrie and Kemp for any, if not all, of those three? Just because the rumor did not appear on the internet is not proof there were no discussions.

In fact, there were plenty of documented discussions 2 years ago about the Sox inquiring on Upton, and the Diamondbacks wanted the world plus change for him. The rumor, available on an internet near you, said it would require 4 or 5 names, including both Ellsbury and Bard. The Diamondbacks have never had any interest in Jed Lowrie. Given that the DBacks GM then was former Sox Assistant GM Kevin Towers, it is safe to say he had his own opinions on Jed Lowrie, among all the other names in the Sox farm system. Other names would very likely have included one or both of Casey Kelly and Anthony Rizzo, and might have even included Ryan Westmoreland.

Also, two years ago there was no reason for Pittsburgh or Los Angeles to move either Kemp or McCutchen, as both were playing for minimal cash and showed enough promise to justify holding on to. Given that both have since received rather lucrative extensions, it is safe to say neither would have been dealt in a deal for an older, more expensive and less accomplished player.

Anyone can identify the stars on other teams and demand the Sox trade for them. Yay, you saw the prime talent on Kemp, Upton and McCutchen, and properly identified within a few years of the rest of the world. This does not make your offer realistic, or have it make sense for the other team involved. It didn’t then, and it certainly doesn’t now.

And that is not taking into account how ridiculously low Ellsbury’s stock was 2 years ago. He was hardly attractive trade bait in 2010, when Lowrie had his career half-season…