Not Good News for Iglesius

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Not Good News for Iglesius

Starting shortstop Jose Iglesias remains sidelined with shins soreness. His only appearance was against the Braves on Feb. 27.

"We’re going to hit that point in spring training where there won’t be enough games for him to get at bats to be ready for the season," manager Brad Ausmus said about Iglesias.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Not Good News for Iglesius

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Starting shortstop Jose Iglesias remains sidelined with shins soreness. His only appearance was against the Braves on Feb. 27.

"We’re going to hit that point in spring training where there won’t be enough games for him to get at bats to be ready for the season," manager Brad Ausmus said about Iglesias.

[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine if Drew sat out Spring Training games because of sore shins?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to FajitaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drew sat out 38 regular season games... Iggy played in his place and performed very well.

[/QUOTE]

Iggy did very well when he was with the Red Sox and we should have no complaints against him at all.  We traded him because we had Drew back from an injury and Bogaerts waiting in the wings and we got Jake Peavy in the deal.  It worked for both teams.  We have some good shortstops coming up and the Tigers needed a long term one themselves.  These are the kind of trades we should see more often---ones that help both teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree. I hated the trade, but liked Peavey, and I played it safe by saying if we won the World Series than I will support this trade over the years regardless of Igg's career. And we won. lol. Believe it or not. We won the damn World Series!

One Iggy for One WSC? Yes. 

One Hanley Ramirez for One WSC? Yes.

[/QUOTE]

Fajita, when a trade results in a World Series win for our side, you take it and run like h#ll with it and thank your lucky stars.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree. I hated the trade, but liked Peavey, and I played it safe by saying if we won the World Series than I will support this trade over the years regardless of Igg's career. And we won. lol. Believe it or not. We won the damn World Series!

Fajita, when a trade results in a World Series win for our side, you take it and run like h#ll with it and thank your lucky stars.

[/QUOTE]

You can't say the trade resulted in a WS. We very well may have won without the deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Drew sat out 38 regular season games... Iggy played in his place and performed very well.

That wasn't what I said. I said can you imagine if Drew sat out Spring Training games for shin splints?

Drew sat out for being hit in the head with a baseball...and people said he was a puzzy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can't say the trade resulted in a WS. We very well may have won without the deal.

[/QUOTE]

I would wager that neither Iggy nor Peavey mattered much at all last year, I also don't think either one of them will matter a whole lot in the future.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Most everyone here knows I was a huge Iggy fan, but the way I look at it, Iggy would be our utility IF'er right now. Yes, better than Herrera, but still a bench player.

Personally, I'd have found it interesting to start this year with Iggy at SS, Bogey at 3B, Middy/Carp at 1B, and the money spent on Napoli used to beef up our staff or OF.

Note: I have no beef with Ben. We are sitting pretty right now, next year and way into the future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would wager that neither Iggy nor Peavey mattered much at all last year, I also don't think either one of them will matter a whole lot in the future.

[/QUOTE]

I am not a betting man, but if I were, I would wager that there is a far better chance of Iglesias having a positive impact in the future than there is of Peavy doing likewise. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not a betting man, but if I were, I would wager that there is a far better chance of Iglesias having a positive impact in the future than there is of Peavy doing likewise. 

[/QUOTE]

I am not a betting man either, but I would bet that Iglesias would have very little impact as a player if he was sitting on the bench watching Bogaerts play shortstop...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not a betting man either, but I would bet that Iglesias would have very little impact as a player if he was sitting on the bench watching Bogaerts play shortstop...

[/QUOTE]

Then again, he could play short while Bogaerts played third. Or somewhere else. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's the one place I feel strongly.  Iggy could have provided depth this year and been given a chance to succeed.  Do I know how it will look in future years?  No...  Not going to be the Bagwell trade, but could be anywhere from good to bad.  As it stands though, I think Peavy was a good pickup for the end of the season run, even if less than lacjluster in the playoffs (I like that abbreviating this word reults in a banned phrase... I guess).  I'll let the trade stand.  If the years prove it bad, that is what it is, but I'm done worrying about that trade.  The Sox won the series.  All that matters.  If it DOES end up like the Bagwell trade, yeah, I'll regret it, but don't see that happening.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can't argue that it didn't result in a WS win either. The fact is they did win and the acquisition of Peavy in hindsight and foresight was done with the end in mind...What is fact is that they didn't need Iglesias with both Drew and Bogaerts on the roster. 

At the time of the aquistion it was clear that Dempster was not someone they trusted in a big game. More importantly the Sox were concerned that Buccholz wouldn't return and both Lackey and or Doubront would run out of gas in the second half. The aquistion of Peavy bought them insurance against all three senerios. It also allowed them to move Workman into the pen to address a need. Once in the postseason with both Peavy and Buccholz in the rotation. It allowed them to move Doubront into the pen who along with Workman gave them a 5 deep bullpen. No one can argue that the job our pen did in the postseason played a huge role in helping us win the WS. 

i would agree that Peavy was not a key to us winning, however his contributions to the team were part of helping us to win. Aside from his on field contributons, his acquisition sent a message to everyplayer and coach in the clubhouse. That the Sox ownership and the front office management were indeed in it to win it. 

I'll close with this...I've yet to see any of the Iggy supporter's make a case for how his addition to the team last year once in the postseason would have made us a better team? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But could just as easily say we might not have won a WS w/out trade. Any move made that helps team in winning a WS championship, I will never criticisize. It was tough seeing HRam perform so well after we traded him, but w/out Beckett and Lowell never would have won in 07 for sure. Based on Peavey's starts in playoffs one could say we could have still won it. But remember Peavey came to team at a critical time, Buchholz was down, Lester was scuffling and he allowed team to move Workman back into pen where he was desparately needed due to some injuries and ineffectiveness. One could say that pitching staff could have crumbled by seasons end ala 2011 if trade had not been made, he made some key QS for RS [Dodger game was big series win for RS and gave them alot of momentun based on how Dodgers had been playing to that point]. Wish Iggy the best but I will trade any young player if it even remotely helps in winning a WS, and will never ever complain no matter how good that young player becomes. It's what its all about WINNING WS'S! and what having a deep farm system is all about whether it is that player contributing on the field as Iggy did during 13 season or what they might bring in return to help win a WS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Iggy did help us win the Series....by making that error in the ALCS while playing for the Tigers!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Drew is sitting out spring training because of a sore wallet....Can you imagine that? Maybe it was his sore bat during playoffs.Teams are not knocking his door down ,heck not even ringing the door bell?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to alan93's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One thing for sure in my mind is that if Clay was healthy then the trade never was necessary.

[/QUOTE]BINGO DAT  !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

The Peavy trade made 100% sense at the time and stabilized our rotation down the stretch. It helped that Drew and Middlebrooks got hot around that time and made sure we never really had to miss Iggy too much. No, there's no way of knowing whether we'd still win without Peavy, but I choose not to second-guess that.

I find it likely that Iglesias will be more valuable than Peavy going forward, but I also don't think his loss will hurt us much in either the short- or long-term. We have Bogaerts, Middlebrooks, and Cecchini on the way...I think Marrero could be a sort of poor man's Iglesias, and it's possible Betts could move back to SS as well. We should not be lacking for SS/3B candidates.

Not much else to say about the trade that hasn't been said already.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he would be getting MURDERED on these boards. 

would it be funny if Detroit went out and signed Drew?!?

i believe it would give me a chuckle......

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Drew is sitting out spring training because of a sore wallet....Can you imagine that? Maybe it was his sore bat during playoffs.Teams are not knocking his door down ,heck not even ringing the door bell?

[/QUOTE]

Right.

That had nothing to do with my point.

I will say it again. Can you imagine if Drew sat out in the Spring because of sore shins?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah he could. But he wasnt that good so they traded him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he would be getting MURDERED on these boards. 

would it be funny if Detroit went out and signed Drew?!?

i believe it would give me a chuckle......

[/QUOTE]

Forget a chuckle. I really would be ROTFLMFAO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

kEEP AN EYE ON THOSE SHINS!!

Sections
Shortcuts