Not Much More to Say - This Team Stinks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Not Much More to Say - This Team Stinks

You can call any doubters negative, blah blah blah, but this team stinks. This is the typical Red Sox. Get a lead and once they fall behind, the hitting goes cold.

Tampa now tied with NY, LAA wins.  
    No more home games.
    Wakefield on Saturday.
    Lackey on Sunday.

Enough said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Not Much More to Say - This Team Stinks

We were happy to see the Rays leave town. Hmmm...were happy too to see the Jays go. Yup, and happy too to see the Orioles go. 

And, ya know what, this all my life Sox fan & I'm a septuagenarian is happy to see The Red Sox team leave town !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

In Response to Re: Not Much More to Say - This Team Stinks:
    [QUOTE]We were happy to see the Rays leave town. Hmmm...were happy too to see the Jays go. Yup, and happy too to see the Orioles go.  And, ya know what, this all my life Sox fan & I'm a septuagenarian is happy to see The Red Sox team leave town !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    Time for the last rights... these guys have been dead for a while.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted the following before the Orioles 4 game series and got some scathing comments that I was negative just hoping we'd be at least 2-2. Thank God I didn't say we could be 1 and 3 and I'd been put on ignore as an imbecile.

Now I believe we can forget the threads like  "Sox will win it all---and here's why” and "Here's a little math with AL East Playoff permutations” etc. and this later one was a masterpiece spread sheet with different scenarios of how we could win the division and Tampa would the wild card and Yankees be out completely etc. with NY losing  0-10, Tampa winning 7-3, us 6-2 etc.(these are not correct as I do not wish to offend the poster who laboriously had the correct numbers).

Above I said let’s just win the next 2.  But, before the Orioles series I said in another post:

"Can anyone enlighten me with some info that can lead me to be more positive that we, at least, can manage a split on Monday’s doubleheader vs. the Orioles !!!                      

If the Vegas bookies don't favor the Orioles tomorrow, the fix is in !!!                  

Right now I'd be happy with a spit of our 4 game series......forget the Knut Rockne "Rah Rah Rah"...the SOX got to earn their money these last few games ! 

Hate to be prophetic and I hope I am because we need the next game to be 2-2 and ya know, I’m so disgusted and despondent that even with Beckett pitching, I feel the way things have been going against us that we are 50%-50% doing so.

Sorry I was profhetic !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wow, this team is done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

happens when your conditiong team doesnt work. they are always hurt.
    doesnt help trotting out a 45 year old pitcher and no number 3 pitcher in a pennant race.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmitaly. Show lmitaly's posts

No Heart!!!! Enuff said....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

John Henry. please use your clout to shoot that damn Francoma  right between the eyes.And get rid of Ineptstein .Wakefield,etc etc etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

They can now get a head start on the hockey rink. Baseball is over in Fenway.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

It seems to me that the ghosts of the past are making their presence known. The Redsox had this thing nailed down. Really, they did! There is absolutely no good reason why they should be in the fix they are in right now. This is ridiculous. Their play is so pathetic that it goes beyond imagination. These men have been playing ball their whole lives. Surely, they could have mustered an extra win or two over the past month. They have blown it big time. Umpires have stolen games from them. This is all irrational. This does not make human sense. Even a Yankee fan would have to concede this. Again, the ghosts of the past have sought to have their way with our boys. But I have a feeling they will be exorcised. I have a feeling that our boys will find a way to top the 2004 ALCS. Who would have thought that possible? Sure, the boys are dead, but we have been here before. 2004 we were nailed to a cross and the breath of life had evaporated from our lifeless corpse. We were layed too rest in a tomb. There was three days of silence (three games down). And boy did that corpse smell! However, there came a rumbling. The stone, somehow, was moved, and Redsox Nation was raised miraculously from the dead. Keep the faith! This thing ain't over yet. We have been down this path before. Remember the first 12 games of the season. Remember 2004! Keep the faith. Crawford might be finding his stroke. Ellsbury is a proven commodity. Mr. Papi will be Mr. clutch again. Varitek/Salty will prove their worth. Gonzalez will have a monster post season! Pedroia will be the one to lead the way. Becket will get the job done. Lester will find his form. Wakefield will get on one of his rolls. Buch will finally be good to go. Get ready for the ride boys. We are in for a real treat. Go REDSOX!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Clutch time?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Only thing we got going for us is that the Yankees clinched tonight, so they might not be all that interested when we go there for the weekend. They don't have a sense of urgency ...not that the Sox seem to be playing with one, either.

(myaim45, have I told you how much I love to see you post?).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Are the Yankees lucky or just GOOD !!! I almost felt sorry for the Rays, whom I hate for thrashing us, but it was deja vu for me re: scores.

The 2 games today NY won 4-2. Yanks 4 runs 7 hits and Rays 2 runs 9 hits and game 2...Yanks 4 runs 4 hits( 1 error too) and Rays 2 runs 8 hits.

Is that the best productive use of hits/runs & Rays, not unlike us with 7 (1) one run  and 3 (2) run losses in Sept when in most games we out hit the opponents couldn't get the clutch hits.

Does anyone really care we didn't win the divison with the real plum being home field advantage. I think going on the road for our last 6 games may be a blessing !!!

Sections
Shortcuts