not ONE error+3.29 team ERA, what does it mean?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: not ONE error+3.29 team ERA, what does it mean?

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

this team has good defense. even hands of stones napoli has been passable so far. my one beef was on that throw in the dirt by Iggy against the yankees that most first basemen would have dug up off the ground that passed right under his glove in a bang-bang play! team ERA is even better for its all about pitching.. we had a 4.5 team ERA last year. says a lot. and i think it can b even better as Aceves comes around and we get back the likes of morales and breslow. health is the key. have enough for nicks and bruises here and there at every position. oh yeah, when pa[i comes back that can only help things incl the pitching staff for its easier to pitch with a 5 run lead than a 1 run lead in every game.

this team hasnt peaked yet, imagine that...

How many shots of expresso did you put in with that 5 hour energy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I did say that people would be pleasantly surprised with this team....now I'm thinking we may be in for a rude awakening soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

6 games in and you are yapping about peaking?

ahahahahah

If he's not yapping he has no reason to exist.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

It means the defense is pretty good, but the offense is better--highest OPS in the AL and up there in runs scored.  This absolutely beats the starts to the last two seasons, but it is still just 6 games.

Two big series this week against the Orioles and the Rays.  Amazingly, the Sox seem to have the pitching edge in the first series, starting today, and will still have Lester and Buchholz for the second series. 

Also worth noting is the very different cast of characters from the start of 2011--or 2012 for that matter.  Middlebrooks, Napoli, Iglesias, Bradley, Gomes/Nava, Victorino--none of them were in the opening day lineups of 2011 and 2012. 

Also interesting is the decision not to make a dramatic pitching acquisition after 2012 even though pitching was the big problem in 2011 and 2012.  If anything, Ben C chose to try "addition by subtraction' by sending Beckett to the Dodgers. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

It means the defense is pretty good, but the offense is better--highest OPS in the AL and up there in runs scored.  This absolutely beats the starts to the last two seasons, but it is still just 6 games.

Two big series this week against the Orioles and the Rays.  Amazingly, the Sox seem to have the pitching edge in the first series, starting today, and will still have Lester and Buchholz for the second series. 

Also worth noting is the very different cast of characters from the start of 2011--or 2012 for that matter.  Middlebrooks, Napoli, Iglesias, Bradley, Gomes/Nava, Victorino--none of them were in the opening day lineups of 2011 and 2012. 

Also interesting is the decision not to make a dramatic pitching acquisition after 2012 even though pitching was the big problem in 2011 and 2012.  If anything, Ben C chose to try "addition by subtraction' by sending Beckett to the Dodgers. 

It's still early, but I hope we don't repeat the trend of recent years of scoring runs in bunches, and coming up just short in other games. So far, we have done this:

I'm not complaining or suggesting anything here, but just a day ago, people were wondering about our power and offense. Now, after one game, all is great.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Too early for accolades. Let's just enjoy what we have.  Go Sox!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

werent you just whining about a "disturbing" power outage after only 4 games?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I think we will be better than most though, but I suspect we will be around a .500 club.  If a LOT breaks right, then yes we may be a bit better than that.....regarldes the future looks bright. 

Sections
Shortcuts