not ONE sox named in BIOGENESIS probe, what does that tell you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: not ONE sox named in BIOGENESIS probe, what does that tell you?

I hope thats true, Im worried about Ortiz because of the rumor from last year. May have been silly, but until the names officially come out and hes not on it. I will be concerned.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It tells me Papi chose a better pharmacist. 

I'd suggest getting off the high horse, our big guns were more than likely roiding during our championship seasons. 

It's 20 people's names from one clinic, not a comprehensive study. It's not really a probe so much as one clinic that got exposed. 

Trying to extract some karmic lessons from this is absurd (e.g. "cheaters never win."). The Yanks and Sox both cheated with Roids, if you want to call it cheating, and both won championships. 

Next...

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I hope thats true, Im worried about Ortiz because of the rumor from last year. May have been silly, but until the names officially come out and hes not on it. I will be concerned.

Of course you never know.  But, I don't think we need to worry about Papi and the Bosch clinic.  IF Papi is still using, IF he ever was, it seems like his pipeline is the somewhat more discreet and shadowy Dominican PED scene.  Dominican milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to ImagydFanBoston-Twitter's comment:

here's the deal with a-roids.. he was likely a ringleader! he likely was bringing in the kids and awestruck pups to that clinic in exchange for some sweet deals and sweeteners. thats y he will get a TWO year ban! may be overturned but MLB will go out of its way to humiliate him and rub his nose all over it like it was varitek's armpit.

BOOYA!

U could be right

Then this winter,( the winter B4) he had the opportunity to spend three weeks training with Alex Rodriguez in Miami. Asked how tough the workout was, he rolled his eyes and called it “ridiculous.’’

The meeting with A-Rod came about because he and the Yankee superstar have a mutual friend, and A-Rod extended the invitation to train after Iglesias finished his stint in the Arizona Fall League. Rodriguez has made it a point over the years to work out with prominent young Latin players, hoping to serve as a mentor to them.

Iglesias was honored to receive the invitation, even though Rodriguez plays for the rival Yankees. The Red Sox did not have to authorize the workout at the Miami gym, they are aware that Rodriguez is one of the best-conditioned athletes in baseball, and a positive influence from him on one of their young players is welcome.

After the three weeks, Iglesias said, he was in the best condition of his life.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/02/16/buildup_continues/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[QUOTE]

here's the deal with a-roids.. he was likely a ringleader! he likely was bringing in the kids and awestruck pups to that clinic in exchange for some sweet deals and sweeteners. thats y he will get a TWO year ban! may be overturned but MLB will go out of its way to humiliate him and rub his nose all over it like it was varitek's armpit.

BOOYA!

U could be right

Then this winter,( the winter B4) he had the opportunity to spend three weeks training with Alex Rodriguez in Miami. Asked how tough the workout was, he rolled his eyes and called it “ridiculous.’’

The meeting with A-Rod came about because he and the Yankee superstar have a mutual friend, and A-Rod extended the invitation to train after Iglesias finished his stint in the Arizona Fall League. Rodriguez has made it a point over the years to work out with prominent young Latin players, hoping to serve as a mentor to them.

Iglesias was honored to receive the invitation, even though Rodriguez plays for the rival Yankees. The Red Sox did not have to authorize the workout at the Miami gym, they are aware that Rodriguez is one of the best-conditioned athletes in baseball, and a positive influence from him on one of their young players is welcome.

After the three weeks, Iglesias said, he was in the best condition of his life.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/02/16/buildup_continues/

[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness he finally came to his senses;

FORT MYERS, Fla. — Jose Iglesias basically attended a four-day seminar with Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia in the offseason. If this exercise had been held with self-help guru Tony Robbins, Iglesias would have spent a fortune, but this was free, a chance to pick the brain of a former Most Valuable Player in an effort to find some morsel that will make him a regular major leaguer sooner rather than later.

“He gave me some great advice that I’m following through on,” said Iglesias, a 23-year-old shortstop. “I’m very close to Pedey and when he talks, I listen because he’s had to make adjustments in his career to get to where he is now. He understands what it takes and he understands because he didn’t start out so good in the big leagues, but he got better and now he’s the best.”

Pedroia’s talking points were: how to take care of your body, how to conduct yourself as a professional, and the steps that are necessary to make yourself a permanent major leaguer.

Pedroia used video and workout techniques to aide Iglesias, who had worked out with Alex Rodriguez a couple of years ago.

“We talked about a lot of things,” Pedroia said. “Just the way you take care of yourself. He’s gone through some injuries that have kind of kept him back a little. Last year he had a back issue. You’ve got to make sure you’re staying on your stuff. You’ve got to be in the weight room and training room. Got to make sure you’re taking care of your body and the injuries you can prevent, you prevent them.”

Iglesias’s offseason workouts had been helter skelter and it showed.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/2013/02/19/red-sox-jose-iglesias-gets-education-from-dustin-pedroia/KCLWXxvtIcPVmMKExDsHOI/story.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

yanks are about to b mired in LAST place

NY Yankees 33 25 .569 2.5    Tampa Bay 31 26 .544 4.0    Toronto 24 34 .414 11.5  

tells me that you put the "twit" in Twitter.....

Exactly Jete02.  Also, the Yanks are doing well without Arod on the team so even if he does get suspended for 100 games it shouldnt hurt the Yankees any.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Nothing--to answer your question.

If ARod is nailed, it's a break for the Yankees because they can for awhile stop paying his ridiculous salary. 

Use of PED's has been too widespread for any team to claim they alone have abstained from their use.  It's better now, but never underestimate the ability of science to circumvent tests, etc. because MLB salaries are so huge and the temptation so great. 

Very good points.  Definitely agree that the lastest scandal could help the Yankees to be able to void Arod's contract.  I would imagine that all MLB teams have had PED users playing for them.  Just because they were never caught or suspected of using it wouldn't surprise me if every MLB team had users of PED's. 

Sections
Shortcuts