Not one thread on Victory today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Not one thread on Victory today?

Comeback win and not a single thread on the win.... wow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Not one thread on Victory today?

In Response to Not one thread on Victory today?:
    [QUOTE]Comeback win and not a single thread on the win.... wow.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]I shot my wad on the game thread

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I would have given my expert opinion on the game, but I got here later than expected and I was too tired to do it. I will say, our pitching was great. Loved another comeback from behind in the 9th. Pedroia was amazing. And thanks for giving us Sweeney.

And if this was still a Sox board, there would have already been threads up. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Not one thread on Victory today?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Not one thread on Victory today? : I shot my wad on the game thread
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

That is true I suppose, I had not thought of that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

They all believed you and your 5-1 loss call, B.

Why play the game, you called doom.  Gotta be that way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Wrong......YOURS !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I'm pretty sure that when we were down 2-1 heading into the 7th. There were many at the ready to start threads calling for the head of Ted. The doom and gloomers club and those that have multiple screeen names who are in fact Yankee fans out numbers the pink hats (otherwise known as real baseball fans)4-1 in this forum...So it's not surprising when after a win, there isn't that many threads started. In this instance, silence is golden. Fear not they'll be back...

Here's the deal in the end every team will by seasons end have at least 50 wins and 50 losses. It's what they do in the other 62 games that separate the contenders from the pretenders. As comprised the Red Sox are one of six clubs in the AL with the ability to win 90 plus games. So at a minimum if the Sox are truly a 90 win team, in those 62 other contest. The Sox will likely win 40 of them which would give them 90 wins...leaving them with 22 expected losses, in those games if they can reverse the math and win 5 of the remaining 22 they'd finish with 95 wins and will almost certainly to be in the mix right to the end. Simple....no? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I'm pretty sure that when we were down 2-1 heading into the 7th. There were many at the ready to start threads calling for the head of Ted. The doom and gloomers club and those that have multiple screeen names who are in fact Yankee fans out numbers the pink hats (otherwise known as real baseball fans)4-1 in this forum...So it's not surprising when after a win, there isn't that many threads started. In this instance, silence is golden. Fear not they'll be back... Here's the deal in the end every team will by seasons end have at least 50 wins and 50 losses. It's what they do in the other 62 games that separate the contenders from the pretenders. As comprised the Red Sox are one of six clubs in the AL with the ability to win 90 plus games. So at a minimum if the Sox are truly a 90 win team, in those 62 other contest. The Sox will likely win 40 of them which would give them 90 wins...leaving them with 22 expected losses, in those games if they can reverse the math and win 5 of the remaining 22 they'd finish with 95 wins and will almost certainly to be in the mix right to the end. Simple....no? 
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

I honestly can't believe that is coming from Beantowne. I'd say I tip my cap to you, but I think that would make me appear to be a guy. :)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

“Why don’t you want to talk about the two rockets I hit? Huh?” Ortiz said. “I was safe, by the way.”

I love this!  Love seeing the Sox hustle... they need it.  Ortiz easily bags 4 out of 6 steals this year. Do not forget Mo Vaughn went 10-10 one year, the year of Kennedy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Very pleased with the outing by Doubront, THE STOPPER! Haha

Looks like he's rounding into the pitcher many thought he would be. He's only 24, I knew the talk of "no more than a bullpen arm" was far too premature. Would like to see the strike rate higher, and not need to throw 100 pitches through 5 innings, but very solid performance for the kid. I look forward to watching how he prgresses this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

What is more likely to elicit a post: a call for change or a call for the status quo?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

When they win the chronic complainers do not have as much to complain about.

By the way--- I will be a complainer---- Hey Youk---- you might want to consider swilling at that first pitch fastball that is right down the middle instead waiting for two strikes before you hack.  Maybe the 0 for 13 might make you consider your approach?

Pedey was outstanding Monday Night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I was going to start one...Im impressed with the fact we have come back 3x already....I had a hunch Felix would come through...and Bard today as well....

Btw Bobby V pinch running for papi was key...no way we send papi if he's at third...good things happen when you play hard and agressive...like Papi stealing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]It was a nice comeback victory. Sox problem isn't scoring runs. Didn't they lead the majors in runs scored last year? They should be at or near the top again this season. The teams success depends solely on their pitching. Last night they got it as did NY. Both teams are in the cellar for good reason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Doubrount pitched well just stretch him out for one more inning and there is your 4th starter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

[QUOTE]Very pleased with the outing by Doubront, THE STOPPER! Haha Looks like he's rounding into the pitcher many thought he would be. He's only 24, I knew the talk of "no more than a bullpen arm" was far too premature. Would like to see the strike rate higher, and not need to throw 100 pitches through 5 innings, but very solid performance for the kid. I look forward to watching how he prgresses this season.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

This could be a Sox player you like Huh?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I thought it was a nice win, even though the Sox had a little help in the comeback. 

The pitching staff did a nice job and Aceves looked like a closer.  He pitched really, really well.

I don't think having Big Papi steal late in a close game is something that they should make a habit of doing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]I would have given my expert opinion on the game, but I got here later than expected and I was too tired to do it. I will say, our pitching was great. Loved another comeback from behind in the 9th. Pedroia was amazing. And thanks for giving us Sweeney. And if this was still a Sox board, there would have already been threads up. :)
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]SealedSealed  Wink

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Aceves throwing 95mph warmd my heart as well..

good stuff!

GO BARD!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Felix, Atchinson, and Ace threw a total of 145 pitches - 94 for Ks. Good things happen when you do that.

The monkey is off the Nations back, now can get down to business...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Really great pitching today. Was nice to see.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

[QUOTE]Atchinson was HUGE last night
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

As was Padilla the day before.  The Sox have plenty of guys who can go multiple innings in the pen, which is why they weren't afraid to make Aceves the closer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Doubrount pitched well just stretch him out for one more inning and there is your 4th starter.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Doubrant's pitch count high in ST was 78, so to pitch that well to 100 was impressive. Like his calm demeanor on the mound,  after what looked like the third strike on Bautista, to come back and get him on a pop up. Let's home Bard does as well tonight.

The bullpen looked great, it may be coming together.