Not one thread on Victory today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Re: Not one thread on Victory today?

In Response to Not one thread on Victory today?:
    [QUOTE]Comeback win and not a single thread on the win.... wow.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Good question, here's another one.  Why didn't you start one instead of starting a whiny thread about how there wasn't one already?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Not one thread on Victory today?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not one thread on Victory today? : This could be a Sox player you like Huh?
    Posted by coachzap[/QUOTE]

You have serious issues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not one thread on Victory today? : Doubrant's pitch count high in ST was 78, so to pitch that well to 100 was impressive. Like his calm demeanor on the mound,  after what looked like the third strike on Bautista, to come back and get him on a pop up. Let's home Bard does as well tonight. The bullpen looked great, it may be coming together.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Exactly, J-BAY, I though that was a huge moment. You could tell he was miffed, and Salty did a good job of coming out. Bautista is NOT a guy you want to make a mistake with, and Doubront was able to get him out.
    He, Atchison and Aceves were all fantastic, exactly what the team needed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not one thread on Victory today? : Exactly, J-BAY, I though that was a huge moment. You could tell he was miffed, and Salty did a good job of coming out. Bautista is NOT a guy you want to make a mistake with, and Doubront was able to get him out. He, Atchison and Aceves were all fantastic, exactly what the team needed.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE] and here's what happens when you let them get back on the horse instead of calling for them to be grounded...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Mike Aviles looked really good.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Burrito, the fact that there was no other real winner thread is just a validation of what I said in message board activity thread. Human nature is when things are bad, criticize, rant and do whatever you can to get it out of the system. Winning is contentment, no reason to post. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Very pleased with the outing by Doubront, THE STOPPER! Haha Looks like he's rounding into the pitcher many thought he would be. He's only 24, I knew the talk of "no more than a bullpen arm" was far too premature. Would like to see the strike rate higher, and not need to throw 100 pitches through 5 innings, but very solid performance for the kid. I look forward to watching how he prgresses this season.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Only 24? Alverez is only 21 and he out-pitched Doubront IMO.
    But Dooby did look really good, despite being squeezed by Hudson.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

[QUOTE]Mike Aviles looked really good.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

With your ability to evaluate talent Im going out on a limb and predict a solid season for Aviles. I root for who you rip on seems to work out good. Remember Jitterbug? LOL FOOL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Burrito, the fact that there was no other real winner thread is just a validation of what I said in message board activity thread. Human nature is when things are bad, criticize, rant and do  whatever you can to get it out of the system. Winning is contentment, no reason to post. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Agree with Danny - victories put a smile on your face and conversation is calm, serene and uplifting. Doesn't get ones blood boiling like a loss. At least until the post season comes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i guess the Rays and Tigers used up their offense on the Yanks and Sox..2-2 into the 7th... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]Burrito, the fact that there was no other real winner thread is just a validation of what I said in message board activity thread. Human nature is when things are bad, criticize, rant and do whatever you can to get it out of the system. Winning is contentment, no reason to post. 

Danny, isn't that type of behavior selfish? Letting off steam, being critical, and ranting can be done by any fool. It is also redundant, unconstructive, and is telling others what is obvious at the moment ( preaching to the choir ). When the Sox lost 10-0 the other day, what was the need to tell others that you were disappointed when EVERYONE was also disappointed. If everyone let off steam then who would be the audience that one desires? It sounds like those who let off steam are just looking for someone to argue with but who is going to argue with you after a 10-0 loss? Again, such behavior is selfish and childish.Is letting off steam similar to far-ting of the brain?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Dad & B-806 were thrilled with the effort last night.  Great job by all and Bobby V. too !!!   Lets win 2 more in Toronto, go home  3 & 3  and see what the "FAT-CAT  does on friday for the home opener !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

[QUOTE]“Why don’t you want to talk about the two rockets I hit? Huh?” Ortiz said. “ I was safe, by the way .” I love this!  Love seeing the Sox hustle... they need it.  Ortiz easily bags 4 out of 6 steals this year. Do not forget Mo Vaughn went 10-10 one year, the year of Kennedy.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Hey Burrito i was hearing the Toronto feed and even they say looks like he beat the tag. Great way to see Ortiz scarring the Bjesus out of pitching staffs. Also he has the highst BA too :D

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not one thread on Victory today? : As was Padilla the day before.  The Sox have plenty of guys who can go multiple innings in the pen, which is why they weren't afraid to make Aceves the closer.
    Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]

I agree with your Fizch
    Padilla was on his A game the other day no wonder Bobby felt Aceves could be the best closer solution.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

whats the difference between negative posters and people complaining about negative posters??????

sounds like Pike logic is at work in this thread...

is it a shock to anyone that drama/bad news sells newspapers (and fills forums)?

I enjoyed the game...I want it to happen again, again, and again...and when it doesnt, i will post what went wrong....

dumb...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

The difference is simple.

One complains about the attitude and behavior of posters.

The other complains about his team, players, and management.

Think of it this way.
    One group (A) calls your sisters prostitutes
    Another group says the Group A is ignorant, gross, and out-of-line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

but pike, what if your sister is a prostitute? someone's sister has to be, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

If you hate Beckett and think that fried chicken and beer was solely responsible for the Sept. collapse then stick with that moronic opinion. Don't waffle or dilute or change that opinion and excuse it by saying that you were merely letting off steam for four long months. Stick to those opinions that wasted the time from Oct-Feb. of four dozen posters. You were negative about a player and those who debated you were negative about your stupid prediction that he alone was responsible and would be traded.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not one thread on Victory today? : Danny, isn't that type of behavior selfish? Letting off steam, being critical, and ranting can be done by any fool. It is also redundant, unconstructive, and is telling others what is obvious at the moment ( preaching to the choir ). When the Sox lost 10-0 the other day, what was the need to tell others that you were disappointed when EVERYONE was also disappointed. If everyone let off steam then who would be the audience that one desires? It sounds like those who let off steam are just looking for someone to argue with but who is going to argue with you after a 10-0 loss? Again, such behavior is selfish and childish.Is letting off steam similar to far-ting of the brain?
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

selfish? maybe. I'm stating facts though, not crying about why others are upset  and why there tend to be less "positive" threads on forums. Again, human nature. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Someone used to make a comment about why the old Boston.com and then PortlandSoxFan's rooms lost their audience. I can tell you exactly why---people lost interest after winning two WS titles. There was no more angst, no more waiting for the shoe to drop on something bad happening, and no more long, long stretch of being good enough, but not quite good enough to win it all. People got content, so they stopped coming to the forums. Can't blame them for that. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not one thread on Victory today? :    
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Are you saying my opinion is not an expert one?!! I honestly thought Burrito would catch that. LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]Someone used to make a comment about why the old Boston.com and then PortlandSoxFan's rooms lost their audience. I can tell you exactly why---people lost interest after winning two WS titles. There was no more angst, no more waiting for the shoe to drop on something bad happening, and no more long, long stretch of being good enough, but not quite good enough to win it all. People got content, so they stopped coming to the forums. Can't blame them for that. 

LOL. And those who are left here are those who will never be content and are only happy when they are miserable. The content have left and only the negative remain behind. Poor souls. What they need is a ten game losing streak.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]Atchinson was HUGE last night
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

First half last year he was lights out, need to keep him fresh for the second half so he doesnt Peter out...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

actually, all that's really behind are blowhards who like to congratulate themselves for how insightful they are. Or like to tell us how the room should operate, what forum posters should say, and how they should say it, and make rules about why you can't be upset about anything concerning the Sox.