Not only do the Sox have worries but perhaps the Yanks as well

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Not only do the Sox have worries but perhaps the Yanks as well

Not only do the Sox have worries, but perhaps the Yanks might as well. The Rays and Yanks meet 7 more times. Looks out first place. Would that not be funny, the Sox and Yanks battling for the Wild Card. You have to keep your sense of humor during this awful display of baseball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Not only do the Sox have worries but perhaps the Yanks as well

They actually meet 8 more times, but one make-up game hasn't been scheduled yet (maybe it will only be played if necessary).  The Yankees have played as poorly as we have recently, and they are much closer to full strength.  They have a one-run lead in the 7th right now - this is a big game for them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

It is a long season of ups and downs.  The Sox and Yanks are pretty beat up right now, but they will come back.  Don't give up.  The road to the WS goes through Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Not only do the Sox have worries but perhaps the Yanks as well:
    [QUOTE]They actually meet 8 more times, but one make-up game hasn't been scheduled yet (maybe it will only be played if necessary).  The Yankees have played as poorly as we have recently, and they are much closer to full strength.  They have a one-run lead in the 7th right now - this is a big game for them.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]hey Slo, man, you ain't kidding Yanks real fortunate to escape with a W today, i'll take it, but there's still no overlooking how utterly putrid their play was over the weekend..the Rays will be just as tough, imo all the Yanks got was a momentary respite, lucky they pulled this one out, b/c a fifth straight loss with King Felix on deck is not a comforting thought.. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

It is seven games.  The makeup has been added as part of a doubleheader.
    17 more games:
    1 Twins
    3 Sox
    7 Rays
    3 mariners
    3 Blue Jays

If they go 9-8, the sox need to go 12-4 to tie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

Look on the bright side, the Sox have already won the tiebreaker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Yeah but the Yankees are pulling away with the division.  The Rays overtaking first is much more unlikely than the Rays taking over the Wild Card... especially with the way the Sox are playing right now + the injuries (most notably, the rotation)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

Yankee fan here: I'm definitely worried. The offense has all but disappeared, CC just doesn't have it, the injuries are starting to mount. Every team goes through slumps, and it's likely that the Yanks and RS have just hit a wall. They were both winning at a torrid pace- bound to come down a bit. I want to see a yanks/rs CS- the rays certainly present a danger. Their rotation can do some damage. That said, they have their holes too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Not only do the Sox have worries but perhaps the Yanks as well:
    [QUOTE]Yankee fan here: I'm definitely worried. The offense has all but disappeared, CC just doesn't have it, the injuries are starting to mount. Every team goes through slumps, and it's likely that the Yanks and RS have just hit a wall. They were both winning at a torrid pace- bound to come down a bit. I want to see a yanks/rs CS- the rays certainly present a danger. Their rotation can do some damage. That said, they have their holes too.
    Posted by TexWrecks[/QUOTE]

The Yanks are sitting pretty right now for making the playoffs, the Red Sox are not.  At the end of the day, the odds are that the Red Sox still make it... but it's going to take a quick turn around including at least a split of the upcoming 4 game series with Tampa.  There's a lot of Baltimore left on the schedule as well. 

The odds are incredibly low that the Yankees don't win the division.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

You avoid all this BS by winning which the Red Sox have not been doing lately. My guess is that the Yankees and Rays get in and our guys are playing golf in October. How the hell do you loose 3 of 4 to a sub team like Toronto and then all 3 to Tampa Bay. Tito needs to have a heart to heart with his team. Oh yeah I forgot he is their buddy not their manager.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Losses are attributable to the play of the 25-man roster and not the manager. Even a caveman can tell you that. It is not rocket science. Elementary logic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]You avoid all this BS by winning which the Red Sox have not been doing lately. My guess is that the Yankees and Rays get in and our guys are playing golf in October. How the hell do you loose 4 of 4 to a sub team like Toronto and then all 3 to Tampa Bay. Tito needs to have a heart to heart with his team. Oh yeah I forgot he is their buddy not their manager.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you.  Not sure why they are playing so poorly, but if they don't start improving their next game, they won't make it to the playoffs.  I never imagined that they would be swept by Tampa Bay.   Unfortunately, we have another series against them soon. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

AL is the only one here who is aware that this road trip was BAD. Listen to him very carefully. He is a learned sage amongst ignorant fans. Only he is keen, aware, and observant. We should be very thankful that the forum has AL for interpret that we are in a slump.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

TB has a much better rotation right now - than both the Sox and the Yanks.  However, that said, they still have a snowball's chance because 10 of their last 17 are against the two teams ahead of them - 7 with the Yankees who won't lay down for them and I figure realistically they will probably split with the Sox and Yanks which will end their chances since that would be like not playing those games at all as far as gaining ground.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Yankee fan here: I'm definitely worried. The offense has all but disappeared, CC just doesn't have it, the injuries are starting to mount. Every team goes through slumps, and it's likely that the Yanks and RS have just hit a wall. They were both winning at a torrid pace- bound to come down a bit. I want to see a yanks/rs CS- the rays certainly present a danger. Their rotation can do some damage. That said, they have their holes too.

Why keep putting "Yankee fan here" in your posts? Couldn't you just identify yourself with your avatar, or at least include it in your profile? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Right now they are playing a hell of a lot better than we are right now. I would rather be in their position than ours. Plus they are playing with a quarter of the payroll and 4 x times the heart than we are.

[QUOTE]TB has a much better rotation right now - than both the Sox and the Yanks.  However, that said, they still have a snowball's chance because 10 of their last 17 are against the two teams ahead of them - 7 with the Yankees who won't lay down for them and I figure realistically they will probably split with the Sox and Yanks which will end their chances since that would be like not playing those games at all as far as gaining ground.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I saw it Friday night when Lackey went to an early shower and we were throwing a rookie in there to stop them. Knew if we were banking on Lester and he was off all that was left was Wakefield on Tuesday which was not good. This collapse is reminding me of 1978 when we threw Jim Wright and Bobby Sprowl two rookies againt the Yankees and they obliterated them.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not only do the Sox have worries but perhaps the Yanks as well : I definitely agree with you.  Not sure why they are playing so poorly, but if they don't start improving their next game, they won't make it to the playoffs.  I never imagined that they would be swept by Tampa Bay.   Unfortunately, we have another series against them soon. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Poor Al, his trolling act is getting old.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

If he is Trolling, that is silly, why would anyone who is a real Yankee fan not admit it..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not only do the Sox have worries but perhaps the Yanks as well : Why keep putting "Yankee fan here" in your posts? Couldn't you just identify yourself with your avatar, or at least include it in your profile? 
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, can't think of a post that I started that particular phrase out with. Nevertheless, I'll try to get an avatar going.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not only do the Sox have worries but perhaps the Yanks as well : Hmmm, can't think of a post that I started that particular phrase out with. Nevertheless, I'll try to get an avatar going.

There's one right in this thread. I copied the post. lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not only do the Sox have worries but perhaps the Yanks as well : Why keep putting "Yankee fan here" in your posts? Couldn't you just identify yourself with your avatar, or at least include it in your profile? 
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

That would mean youre a fan of flowers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]It is a long season of ups and downs.  The Sox and Yanks are pretty beat up right now, but they will come back.  Don't give up.  The road to the WS goes through Boston.
    Posted by Kamdog[/QUOTE]
    Boston? Why? 27-7.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

No matter how you slice it the Rays have owned us for 3 seasons.  Injuries notwithstanding they have played us very tough.  You have to tip your cap to Joe Madden's team.

Good luck to the Yanks in there final meetings with the Rays.  If they split I think Girardi would be ecstatic under the circumstances!  The better Joe works for Tampa!  Madden was the next guy in line for the sox field manager's job after Francona.  It would be interesting to see how he might have done here!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Look on the bright side, the Sox have already won the tiebreaker.
    Posted by legion12941[/QUOTE]
    I grant you, there will not be a tie breaker.

Sections
Shortcuts