Not so fast! Ellsbury in 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Not so fast! Ellsbury in 2014

Scott boras may want to have all his Clients hit FA and go to the highest bidder, but in the end it will be up to wheather or not jacoby wants to stay.. No matter what boras wants he will will always listen to what his client wants first over anything else. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Ellsbury is just refusing to elminate a historical big spender from a free agent target.  He will go where the money is...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Ellsbury is just refusing to elminate a historical big spender from a free agent target.  He will go where the money is...

...and I seriously doubt we repeat the CC mistake with a similar profile in Ellsbury.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Maybe he is going to leave Boras , and sign with Beyonce . 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

With Victorino and Bradley, it's time to say goodbye.

That certainly seals the deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

...and I seriously doubt we repeat the CC mistake with a similar profile in Ellsbury.

You really can't compare CC with Ellsbury. Ellsbury has a spot in the order (leadoff) and he can play in Boston.

CC never had a spot in the order and didn't have the mental makeup to play in Boston.

I certainly wouldn't go seven years with Crawford, but if he has a good year, I'd consider five depending on the dollars.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

My offer to Ellsbury is 3 years and 40 million, and I'm taking a huge risk on a guy that has trouble showing up for work and who relies on speed and who will be entering his thirties.

I feel dirty saying this but I agree with you.  Personally I think it would be best to trade him.  If he gets hurt again this year I can see the Sox giving him a Drew contract that would give him a year to prove himself.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I predicted Ellsbury to have a great 2013 (.300 BA, 20 HRs, 90 RBIs, 100 runs scored).  My guess is some other GM will pay him his money and years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If he falls in between his 2011 year and his 2008-2009 years in production, 16M is probably what he gets at about 5-6 years. I wouldnt give him that long of a deal, but thats probably what we can expect. maybe even a higher dollar amount.

If BJ Upton can pull 15M for 5yrs, Ellsbury should get more than that. Having Boras as an agent will help him.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Looking at it objectively , Ellsbury is a good ballplayer. However , I seriously doubt that he will ever come close to his 2011 season. That was a career year that won't be repeated. Hard to say how much he will get in free agency. You never know what some G.M. is going to offer. There is a ton of overpaid athletes in this world.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts