Not sure I am a Red Sox Fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

Not sure I am a Red Sox Fan

After reading craze4sox definition of a redsox fan, I have decided I can’t be one. I grew up in Auburn NH. My father wasn’t a sports guy so I learned about the Red Sox from my coaches. I started going to games at fenway in 1976 and listening to them on the radio about the same time. Apparently I made a mistake and joined the Airforce and went overseas in 1982 and had to follow the Red Sox by going through the Stars and Strips newspaper to figure out stats for the next 12 years. The internet wasn’t available to the military till after I left so I didn’t have the avenues that today’s bloggers have.

Just so you know (people that were there can attest) I was watching a superbowl can’t remember the year but Star and stripes went to a commercial and I never saw the last 2 minutes of the super bowl which was bigger than the world series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Not sure I am a Red Sox Fan

Not sure what craze said, but I've been a fan since '62 ... but lived in several places where the Sox specifically and MLB in general did not beat the local flavors, so coverage was meager at best.  I also never had cable until moving here, in a mountainous area, so tv has to be cable (or dish).  So no local tv or paper coverage hurts ....

But the internet has made it possible to once again enjoy a close connection to the Sox.  That's fairly new to me, only the last 15-16 years. 

We might not live in the Hub ... but we can certainly still be fans.

I'd choke if I supported any other team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

I've never been to Texas, yet I root with my heart and soul for the longhorns of the University of Texas, have ever since they beat Roger Staubach, and Navy in the Cotton Bowl in the early sixties. I might be their only fan in Mass and am wearing a 'hook em horns' t-shirt as I  post this, don't let other people determine your allegiance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Spike, If 'you're not sure' you're a red sox fan, then you're not.

It's like saying someone is a little pregnant.  Either you are, or you're not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Highly doubt Craze said that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

attic-dan, you rooted against the U.S. Navy? . . .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Not sure I am a Red Sox Fan:
    attic-dan, you rooted against the U.S. Navy? . . .
    Posted by dannycater

It was Annopolis, and it was a different world, because they were the favorites entering ths game, could you see a undefeated Texan team of today would be at least a 40 point favor against Navy. I was eight at the time and with a Sox, Bruin, and Patriot back ground I tended to root for under-dogs, and also the Texas kicker, kicked in his bare feet which to an eight year old was real cool.After the Sox series wins, Texas' national championship against USC is my biggest thrill in the past ten years.

Sections
Shortcuts