1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Not sure what BDC did, but you will be glad to know, BILL-806 & DAD are........

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

how is this bashing?  I was going to post that tonight would be Ortiz's first chance to hit a homer in a while against a pitcher with a winning record, but I refrained. 

I am not posting anything which is not true. 

Also what I know is true is:  when ortiz finally hits a homer off a pitcher with a winning record or decent era, the band of stalkers of which I have, will let me know right away.

Please.  You, Softy and Bill are all shocked by the way Ortiz has been hitting so you keep trying to move the goalposts right off the field.  You're all a pathetic sight.

YES, And i learned that over the last 5 years from the BEST, the "BIG O" himself !!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Not sure what BDC did, but you will be glad to know, BILL-806 & DAD are........

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Big Papi is back in bed, resting, again. I'm glad, becuase he'll go on the DL if they don't cut him down to about 100 games. He's in the part-time player stage of his career.

He has missed two games since coming back, child please.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

why is he getting the night off? he's a dh for crissake and in the best groove of his life...shades of Francona right there....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Night off for Papi for probably a couple reasons. 1) junk throwing LHP  2) doesnt want him running on the hard turf 3 games in a row...Both good reasons.

seriously? Do you really think farrell decides when ortiz plays or not?  I doubt it.  If farrell did decide, I doubt he would rest a hot bat.  They most likely will need ortiz's bat tonight.

Would giving him a night off against a lefty. Is it really that hard to phatom.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Night off for Papi for probably a couple reasons. 1) junk throwing LHP  2) doesnt want him running on the hard turf 3 games in a row...Both good reasons.

seriously? Do you really think farrell decides when ortiz plays or not?  I doubt it.  If farrell did decide, I doubt he would rest a hot bat.  They most likely will need ortiz's bat tonight.

i dont care if the guy pitching was DaVinci and he could hurl it from both sides...Papi has one job only...DH...he should be playing everygame....nothing like shelving the guy who is on one of his hottest streaks of all time....

inconcievable

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

seriously? did you just ask that?

Hes the Manager and makes out the lineup. I already gave you a couple valid reasons why Farrell would sit him. Are you just looking for reasons to bash papi?

1) junk pitching LHP

2) 3 days in a row on the hard turf

Papi is still not 100% yet and Im sure they dont want to risk him being out for any extended time, so picking and choosing when he sits this year is important. Those 2 reasons above are pretty obvious. Also gives Naps a chance to get off that hard surface as well and DH.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Such a nice little trio of Ortiz bashers. 

how is this bashing?  I was going to post that tonight would be Ortiz's first chance to hit a homer in a while against a pitcher with a winning record, but I refrained. 

I am not posting anything which is not true. 

Also what I know is true is:  when ortiz finally hits a homer off a pitcher with a winning record or decent era, the band of stalkers of which I have, will let me know right away.

I didn't know that hitting a home run off a pitcher with a losing record didn't count.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BoSoxChuck's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

i need the stat heads to help me out.  before he was hurt last season I seem to remember ortiz was hitting lefties pretty well.  I need help in knowing were they just lefties with losing records and high era's.

like someone just said, he is a dh and in the best groove of his life.  Why take the night off?

Am I getting this right? You come to a sports forum to bash Ortiz and then ask for others to get you some stats? Why don't you get your own stats. Are you that lazy?

As DAD would say.............. "SON, I like your SPIRIT, you will do fine on this board"  !!!     Also, let me introduce you to some of the better posters....... SOFTY, GEROME, 2004IDDIO,JACKBU,SPACEMAN,ZILLAGOD,BALDY,HAMMAH,JIMFLORIDA....... & A FEW OTHERS.......  sTAY away from th Conan's, Myarrzz.......

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts