NOTE TO CURRENT SOX PLAYERS : PESKY cared about the name on the front not the back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonismine. Show bostonismine's posts

NOTE TO CURRENT SOX PLAYERS : PESKY cared about the name on the front not the back

Time for ownership to stop worrying  about selling racing t shirts and soccer balls and get back to basics.  Cut the dead weight  and remove the makeup of this group.  If that means lacchino  then so be it.  Lack of effort shines through in the worst way when thier's a comfort or excuses for under-performing.(beckett,J.D.Drew etc...   Win or Loose ,you play your collective tail off on every pitch and more times than not wins will come.  Say what you will about Pete Rose but you look at any single clip of him playing ball an you know that's how it's done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: NOTE TO CURRENT SOX PLAYERS : PESKY cared about the name on the front not the back

In Response to NOTE TO CURRENT SOX PLAYERS : PESKY cared about the name on the front not the back:
    [QUOTE]Time for ownership to stop worrying  about selling racing t shirts and soccer balls and get back to basics.  Cut the dead weight  and remove the makeup of this group.  If that means lacchino  then so be it.  Lack of effort shines through in the worst way when thier's a comfort or excuses for under-performing.(beckett,J.D.Drew etc...   Win or Loose ,you play your collective tail off on every pitch and more times than not wins will come.  Say what you will about Pete Rose but you look at any single clip of him playing ball an you know that's how it's done.
    Posted by bostonismine[/QUOTE]

And there's 1,000 threads you could have put that on, but ye of 5 posts, needed a whole thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: NOTE TO CURRENT SOX PLAYERS : PESKY cared about the name on the front not the back

You'll get fans talking about it again and again because that's how they roll, but you'll need at least some of your aliases to boost your thread.

Btw, is "Bostonismine" because you control the gamethreads and you still have names that pollute the board with your every negative thought in threads and posts created? Well, then you win. I hope it's worth it for you, Mikey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonismine. Show bostonismine's posts

In Response to Re: NOTE TO CURRENT SOX PLAYERS : PESKY cared about the name on the front not the back:
    [QUOTE]You'll get fans talking about it again and again because that's how they roll, but you'll need at least some of your aliases to boost your thread. Btw, is "Bostonismine" because you control the gamethreads and you still have names that pollute the board with your every negative thought in threads and posts created? Well, then you win. I hope it's worth it for you, Mikey.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]  Not sure what your talking about threads an boards an an fake names ?? you must have me confused with someone else?, I use bostonismine as an old  inside joke between me and my friends,I probably placed my opinion in wrong spot or ???.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: NOTE TO CURRENT SOX PLAYERS : PESKY cared about the name on the front not the back:
    [QUOTE]You'll get fans talking about it again and again because that's how they roll, but you'll need at least some of your aliases to boost your thread. Btw, is "Bostonismine" because you control the gamethreads and you still have names that pollute the board with your every negative thought in threads and posts created? Well, then you win. I hope it's worth it for you, Mikey.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

As opposed to what you pollute the board with?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Every new poster that comes to this forum is an alias for Mikey. Don't you know that antibody. Kim doesn't feel that it is possible for frustrated Boston fans who normally would not come to a sports forum to all of a sudden show up and vent a little. I mean - venting is just wrong, isn't it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NOTE TO CURRENT SOX PLAYERS : PESKY cared about the name on the front not the back :   Not sure what your talking about threads an boards an an fake names ?? you must have me confused with someone else?, I use bostonismine as an old  inside joke between me and my friends,I probably placed my opinion in wrong spot or ???.   
    Posted by bostonismine[/QUOTE]

No, you're fine. The person who wrote those things to you has some serious issues. As to your OP, I agree with everything you say except using Rose as an example. No doubt he played hard, but he was all about the name on the back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to NOTE TO CURRENT SOX PLAYERS : PESKY cared about the name on the front not the back : And there's 1,000 threads you could have put that on, but ye of 5 posts, needed a whole thread.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Oh brother, ye of 3000+ foolish posts.

Get of your flipping high horse.

There's plenty of threads you could post your rah-rah garbage, but you start new threads for it. Why?

Doesn't it get tiresome being surrounded by posters you're so obviously better than? Shouldn't you move along to somewhere else?

What ever happened to that 'private forum', I had high hopes it would remove some of this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]Every new poster that comes to this forum is an alias for Mikey. Don't you know that antibody. Kim doesn't feel that it is possible for frustrated Boston fans who normally would not come to a sports forum to all of a sudden show up and vent a little. I mean - venting is just wrong, isn't it?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I know all too well about kst, jessey. Like I said in the above post. Serious issues. As for venting... if we Sox fans didn't vent, there would be an epidemic of incidents of spontanious human combustion all over New England and beyond. Venting for us is as essential as breathing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NOTE TO CURRENT SOX PLAYERS : PESKY cared about the name on the front not the back : Oh brother, ye of 3000+ foolish posts. Get of your flipping high horse. There's plenty of threads you could post your rah-rah garbage, but you start new threads for it. Why? Doesn't it get tiresome being surrounded by posters you're so obviously better than? Shouldn't you move along to somewhere else? What ever happened to that 'private forum', I had high hopes it would remove some of this.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

The trouble with asking kst any questions is that she will probably answer you.

The 'private forum' is still a sore subject with some posters. I took a lot of heat for saying it was a good idea but that I didn't want to join. There are those who, to this day, dislike me because of it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Bumping thread to rid the front page of 2004 idiots redundancy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NOTE TO CURRENT SOX PLAYERS : PESKY cared about the name on the front not the back : The trouble with asking kst any questions is that she will probably answer you.   The 'private forum' is still a sore subject with some posters. I took a lot of heat for saying it was a good idea but that I didn't want to join. There are those who, to this day, dislike me because of it.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

HA!

What a joke.

At the time, I rmember pushing for it, remarking something to the effect of it would be an awesome place for people to go hold hands, sing kumbaya, and ignore the reality of this team.

Luckily for me, most already didn't like me, so I guess it went under the radar.

It's true in ALL aspects of life, sometimes it's really hard to face reality. It's easier to explain and justifyit away rather than realize the situation you're in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Different players back then, they were team oriented not as selfish as they are now.

Sections
Shortcuts