NOTHING TO REPORT.... HOW HARD ARE THEY TRYING?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: NOTHING TO REPORT.... HOW HARD ARE THEY TRYING?????

By the way - Ellsbury is not getting traded.  Why would they trade their best player?

They are saving $$$ to sign him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: NOTHING TO REPORT.... HOW HARD ARE THEY TRYING?????:
    [QUOTE]By the way - Ellsbury is not getting traded.  Why would they trade their best player? They are saving $$$ to sign him.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

If Ellsbury makes it to FA then he is gone, exploring a deal to see what they can get in return might not be such a bad idea, for his value will never be greater.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

They don't have money to spend with the  Crawford and Adrian contracts. I think the lineup is fine as is. But our pitching staff and bullpen are in shambles and that is a major issue. Beckett has never had back to back good seasons. Lester has been undependable against bottom dwellers and seems to have developed a little bit of an attitude. Who knows what were going to get health wise from Buchholz. Time to drop the expectations for a big splash this off season and accept the fact that the organization put their best foot forward building a championship team last year and the players blew it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NOTHING TO REPORT.... HOW HARD ARE THEY TRYING????? : The Rs want Ortiz back, otherwise they wouldn't have offered arbitration, which is stupid, unless they have the money spend on what the arbiters decide. You know it will probably be as much as $10M, which is what management should expect. Besides, they also have the option of trading players away (Youk, Salty, Scut, to name a few) to free up some cash. A good GM would go to Henry and tell him how much he needs to build a championship team. Granted he is not going to get all he asks for, but don't you think he is smart enough to realize that Papi will be on the 2012 payroll? My point about Cherington was simply waiting to make any commitments is ludricous if he is waiting for Papi to decide.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Ortiz made $12.5M last year, and there's no chance a player is taking a pay cut going through the arb process.  Of course the Sox have a couple of pieces that they could deal, but until they find takers it would be extremely risky to take on commitments that put the team far above their budget.  Of the roughly $20M - $25M the Sox had to work with, about $17M - $18M depended on arb decisions (Ortiz and Wheeler).  Once Ortiz's decision officially comes in, the Sox can move forward addressing needs as they see fit.  Hopefully they are able to work out a deal for Bailey of the A's, without including Middlebrooks.  I think we're looking at a cheap RF situation with one of Kalish/Reddick and a cheap RHH OF (Linares?  Nava?).  Potentially Exposito as a back up catcher if they want Lava to get more playing time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I would be happy if they did sonmething. Make a damm decision on Bard as a starter or reliever but do something. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They ought to just sign Ellsbury to a long term deal.

That is the first thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]I would be happy if they did sonmething. Make a damm decision on Bard as a starter or reliever but do something. 
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

IT is more likely that decision may not be made until in the middle of the spring training.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Apparently Wheeler is being reported to not being willing to go to arbitration.  I have heard here and in other reports that David Ortiz is going to accept arbitration which seems to make sense to fans, but I am not sure if David has said that.  David Ortiz may still be trying to get other teams to make him an offer for 2 or 3 Seasons so that those teams are bidding against what the Red Sox are likely to pay for a 1 Season arbitration award?  Anyone know if there is a way to verify what, if anything, has been filed with MLB?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Bill, they are hung up on how many years to give Wastefield. That takes time, teams are knocking the door down to secure Free Agent Wastefield's services.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]  I HEARD THAT TIMMY WAS BEING WOOED BY THAT NEW TEAM "OCCUPY BOSTON" TO PITCH SUNDAY MORNINGS AGAINST THE BAR ROOM LEAGUE !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Apparently Wheeler is being reported to not being willing to go to arbitration.  I have heard here and in other reports that David Ortiz is going to accept arbitration which seems to make sense to fans, but I am not sure if David has said that.  David Ortiz may still be trying to get other teams to make him an offer for 2 or 3 Seasons so that those teams are bidding against what the Red Sox are likely to pay for a 1 Season arbitration award?  Anyone know if there is a way to verify what, if anything, has been filed with MLB?
    Posted by rgmfick[/QUOTE]

Jon Heyman
    Ortiz will accept arbitration. So he remains a red sox.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Felger and Mazzarotti on Comcast in its afternoon Report at 4:23 pm announced that David Ortiz has accepted Arbitration.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to NOTHING TO REPORT.... HOW HARD ARE THEY TRYING?????:
    [QUOTE]   THIS RO$TER NEEDS $OME "TRAN$FORMATION", WHAT IS THE HOLD UP ????????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Call them and ask ....Please let us know what they tell you. I have an idea what they might tell you !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I am so sure they have not made moves thus far because they are "not trying hard enough".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I personally think they're planning to let all the legit free agent talent get snatched up, and will then sort through the trash looking for bargains after. A pathetic off season in the making here folks. Oh yeah! Buehrle signed today with a team planning on fighting for a ring THIS SEASON. We're still pouting about last season. Bah!!!! Sometimes I think Henry needs a testosterone injection. Get over Epstein already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be a man and fight for this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Every winter, these posts are identical.  Way too many people involved with rotiserie BB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NOTHING TO REPORT.... HOW HARD ARE THEY TRYING????? : "LET ME BE CLEAR",  IM NOT LOOKING FOR FREE AGENTS, QUITE FRANKLY IM LOOKING FOR ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION BY MOVING $OME OF THE HIGH $$$ ENTITLED ONES..... 

That isn't going to happen.  I would not suggest holding your breath or going on a hunger strike...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

A hole in right field, a miserable bullpen, a reliever who ate himself out of the league (Jenks), a shakey closer, no 4th and 5th starters. Cherrington is doing a great job. They think players are going to fall in their lap on the cheap. Luchinno and Henry must have read the riot act to Junior Cherrington.  The Yankees must be laughing their tails off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Red Sox are hamstrung after committing $300+ million to two hitters in the past year and losing to injuries two starting pitchers earning eight-figure annual salaries.

With David Ortiz back on board, the Red Sox now face luxury tax implications if the Sox increase the payroll.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Sox are not going to exceed the luxury cap...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Seems like they could have worked a deal for Harang - who when he is healthy is pretty darned good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NOTHING TO REPORT.... HOW HARD ARE THEY TRYING????? : AS DAD WOULD SAY....... "SON, I SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"!!

Did Dad also tell you to type in all caps and then bold it like a crazy person?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]. They are going to save their $$$ for next winter.

They aren't saving their money for Ellsbury.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]By the way - Ellsbury is not getting traded.  Why would they trade their best player? They are saving $$$ to sign him.

They trade him because they cannot resign him, if they are smart.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]They ought to just sign Ellsbury to a long term deal. That is the first thing.

The first thing is to forget Ellsbury, who will leave.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

LET ME ANSWER MY OWN QUESTION....... THERE IS NOTHING TO REPORT BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING OUT THERE WORTH GOING AFTER......  A FEW CHANGES WILL BE MADE BY END OF S T BASED ON OUR YOUTH & WHAT KIND OF DARING DEALS  BEN C. CAN PUT TOGETHER........   WAKE & TEK WILL BE GONE..... PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITY THERE FOR SOME  R S ROOKIES TO SHOW WHAT THEY CAN DO !!!

Sections
Shortcuts