Nova stinks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Nova stinks

Another overhyped and overrated Yankees "prospect"... I guess it's back to the drawing board.  I'm guessing we'll be hearing all about these "Killer B's".  Judging by history, they'll pan out to be nothing too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Nova stinks

In Response to Nova stinks:
    [QUOTE]Another overhyped and overrated Yankees "prospect"... I guess it's back to the drawing board.  I'm guessing we'll be hearing all about these "Killer B's".  Judging by history, they'll pan out to be nothing too.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Yeah he'll never be a Buchholz.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Was Nova ever actually considered a big time prospect?  I seem to recall he was pitching well in his 2nd season in AAA and was forced into action by injuries.  He performed above expectations for a year and a half, and now is either coming back down to his talent level, or his numbers are a product of a relatively small sample size.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You mean winning 15 games in a row wasn't good enough for you? I'm sure if he was a member of your beloved Hose you'd sing a different tune; also, he was not a publicized prospect in the early going, and as a result sort of fell through the cracks in the hype department, which shows what you know; another imbecilic thread. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Nova stinks:
    [QUOTE]You mean winning 15 games in a row wasn't good enough for you? I'm sure if he was a member of your beloved Hose you'd sing a different tune; also, he was not a publicized prospect in the early going, and as a result sort of fell through the cracks in the hype department, which shows what you know; another imbecilic thread. 
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

It was only a month ago Nova beat the Sox in the sacred temple of Fenway didn't look like a fluke to me.

Same old rhetoric Nova will have a sophomore jinx, AP can't come back he's too old.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I think Nova and Doubront are better comps than Nova and Buchholz.  Buchholz dominated AAA pitching and had a top 10 Cy Young season.  Nova and Doubront are more back of the rotation guys.  They can both give you solid outings, but they will give up their hits.  I think Nova's ERA is higher than it should be right now, but last year's was lower.

As for the Killer B's, they are both struggling at AAA.  Banuelos is younger than the competition, so it's OK if he needs to get his feet wet, but Betances is increasingly looking like a bust.   He's 24, he's not having any success at AAA, and his command, which was once a strength, seems to have left him.  If he doesn't right the ship soon, he'll go the way of the former 'B' Andrew Brackman - DFA'd and picked off the scrap heap by some other team.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Another overhyped and overrated Yankees "prospect"... I guess it's back to the drawing board.  I'm guessing we'll be hearing all about these "Killer B's".  Judging by history, they'll pan out to be nothing too.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2012_04_20_nyamlb_bosmlb_1&mode=box

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

In today's game it was 2-2 in the fifth when Votto hit one over the short porch in right. You know the short porch in right I'm speaking of- the one Kim says benefits only the Yankees.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]You mean winning 15 games in a row wasn't good enough for you? I'm sure if he was a member of your beloved Hose you'd sing a different tune; also, he was not a publicized prospect in the early going, and as a result sort of fell through the cracks in the hype department, which shows what you know; another imbecilic thread. 
    He surely stinks. 12 Ks and a loss. Are you an idiot?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Nova stinks :  In today's game it was 2-2 in the fifth when Votto hit one over the short porch in right. You know the short porch in right I'm speaking of- the one Kim says benefits only the Yankees.....
    Posted by NHBALLFAN[/QUOTE]
    Pesky Pole 312'. Need I say more? And whoever the fool that said that only 5 or 6 HRs are hit near that pole last year has to be keeping track of all 81 games. It's definitely more than that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : He surely stinks. 12 Ks and a loss. Are you an idiot?
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES[/QUOTE]

I guess I am.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : Pesky Pole 312'. Need I say more? And whoever the fool that said that only 5 or 6 HRs are hit near that pole last year has to be keeping track of all 81 games. It's definitely more than that.

IMO the Pesky Pole (which I believe is 301' BTW) IS a small factor, which does FWIW make it a difficult RF to play; but what isn't is the lack of foul territory and the jai-lai wall in left (It has been rumored that down the LF line could be as short as 273', making Bucky Dent’s historic HR more like a pop-up anywhere else), resulting, statistically speaking, in the best hitters park in MLB history, for those parks that have been around at least a few yrs, COORS Field during the pre-humidor ball days excepted. This is rather remarkable when you consider how difficult it is to hit the ball out in RF.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]I think Nova and Doubront are better comps than Nova and Buchholz.  Buchholz dominated AAA pitching and had a top 10 Cy Young season.  Nova and Doubront are more back of the rotation guys.  They can both give you solid outings, but they will give up their hits.  I think Nova's ERA is higher than it should be right now, but last year's was lower. As for the Killer B's, they are both struggling at AAA.  Banuelos is younger than the competition, so it's OK if he needs to get his feet wet, but Betances is increasingly looking like a bust.   He's 24, he's not having any success at AAA, and his command, which was once a strength, seems to have left him.  If he doesn't right the ship soon, he'll go the way of the former 'B' Andrew Brackman - DFA'd and picked off the scrap heap by some other team.  
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Banuelos is not struggling.

Since returning from the DL and lat injury his performance has been very encouraging — 15 strikeouts an zero walks in 14.2 IP.

Only three games since he has been back but they expected him up last season he seems to have better control now but anyway a call up this season is not out of the question. He is a lefty has a nasty repetroire and is only 20 years old.

Betances seems more geared toward the pen but he does have control issues to work on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : Pesky Pole 312'. Need I say more? And whoever the fool that said that only 5 or 6 HRs are hit near that pole last year has to be keeping track of all 81 games. It's definitely more than that.

Last year, there were 7 HR's around Pesky pole.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : Banuelos is not struggling since returning from the DL and lat injury his performance has been very encouraging — 15 strikeouts an zero walks in 14.2 IP.   Only three games since he has been back but they expected him up last season he seems to have better control now but anyway a call up this season is not out of the question. He is a lefty has a nasty repetroire and is only 20 years old. Betances seems more geared toward the pen but he does have control issues to work on.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Banuelos pitched yesterday, and gave up 5 ER in 4 IP.  Also, he's 21, but that's still very young for AAA, and he does look like the best of the 'B's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : Banuelos pitched yesterday, and gave up 5 ER in 4 IP.  Also, he's 21, but that's still very young for AAA, and he does look like the best of the 'B's.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

You sound like you're right on top of this, and, I admit, pretty objective sounding. Kudos and thanks for the info.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : Last year, there were 7 HR's around Pesky pole. http://www.hittrackeronline.com/detail.php?id=2011_198&type=ballpark
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]
      I thought it was called the "Nick Green pole" now.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : You sound like you're right on top of this, and, I admit, pretty objective sounding. Kudos and thanks for the info.

I found a recap of the game.
    http://swbyankees.mlblogs.com/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : You sound like you're right on top of this, and, I admit, pretty objective sounding. Kudos and thanks for the info.

My pleasure!  Of course, I check in on these guys hoping they are failing :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : My pleasure!  Of course, I check in on these guys hoping they are failing :)
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

There's honesty for you

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]I think Nova and Doubront are better comps than Nova and Buchholz.  Buchholz dominated AAA pitching and had a top 10 Cy Young season.  Nova and Doubront are more back of the rotation guys.  They can both give you solid outings, but they will give up their hits.  I think Nova's ERA is higher than it should be right now, but last year's was lower. As for the Killer B's, they are both struggling at AAA.  Banuelos is younger than the competition, so it's OK if he needs to get his feet wet, but Betances is increasingly looking like a bust.   He's 24, he's not having any success at AAA, and his command, which was once a strength, seems to have left him.  If he doesn't right the ship soon, he'll go the way of the former 'B' Andrew Brackman - DFA'd and picked off the scrap heap by some other team.  
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I do agree with your point on Nova - Dubront.

I like both of them, not front of the rotation guys but both tough with good stuff I think both are here to stay.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Nova stinks : there you go again hey kid   why not shock the world and   earn some respect/credibility by fessing up
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Mongo not know no words wit more than two sylla, sylla, sylla...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Yep, Nova svcks.  21-7, 4.13 career in the ALE.  And he's so ooolllddd....he's 6, count 'em, SIX months older than our super-sexed-hyper-prospect-can't-miss-moron-bill-806-annointed-next-HOF-Lavarnway.

Got it. 

Queue my stalker.

Sections
Shortcuts