Nova stinks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Nova stinks

In Response to Re: Nova stinks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Nova stinks : there you go again hey kid   why not shock the world and   earn some respect/credibility by fessing up
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Yawn... same old line from you.  Fess up to what?  There's nothing to fess up to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I have to admit, the yanks fans win! I agree it was not a great opening remark. but is does Suck to come to a Sox board and read nothing but Yankee posters!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks :   I thought it was called the "Nick Green pole" now.....
    Posted by NHBALLFAN[/QUOTE]

It will be named Nick Green Pole around the time Yankee Stadium is re-christened as "The House That Shane Spencer Built"...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]Another overhyped and overrated Yankees "prospect"... I guess it's back to the drawing board. I'm guessing we'll be hearing all about these "Killer B's". Judging by history, they'll pan out to be nothing too. Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988 there you go again hey kid why not shock the world and earn some respect/credibility by fessing up same old line from you.  Fess up to what?  There's nothing to fess up to. Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988 Hmmm 1st you say it's the same old line and then you claim U don't remember what I'm talking about I'm, once again, am offering you a chance to earn a tad of respect by fessing up I doubt even sox posters can respect a poster who has called every yankee over rated over the last few yrs who can't / won't admit the 2011 sox were overrated it's really not that hard certainly a lot easier than respecting some one who won't admit it  after using the words ''overrated yankee'' 1,253 times in the last 3 yrs come on U can do it and then no one else has to read this chit anymore
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

I've admitted many times that the pitching blew it for the 2011 Red Sox.  What more do you want me to say.

I would not call them overrated though.  They were right there until the end and only a select few blew it for the entire team.  What also shouldn't be overlooked is the Buchholz and Youk injuries (2nd straight year off major injuries that costed the team a playoff spot).  There's a difference between overrated and underperforming.  (i.e. Beckett and Lester underperformed... Nova and Gardner are overrated).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : I've admitted many times that the pitching blew it for the 2011 Red Sox.  What more do you want me to say. I would not call them overrated though.  They were right there until the end and only a select few blew it for the entire team.  What also shouldn't be overlooked is the Buchholz and Youk injuries (2nd straight year off major injuries that costed the team a playoff spot).  There's a difference between overrated and underperforming.  (i.e. Beckett and Lester underperformed... Nova and Gardner are overrated).
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    If Buchholz were a Yankee you would say he is overrated and not an underperformer but since he plays for the Sox you call it underperformance.  You're much like the liberal media Republicans flip-flop and Democrats "evolve" you have no credibilty on this forum because of your extreme bias.  Thoughts?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : I guess I am.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
    That wasn't intended for you. sorry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : Last year, there were 7 HR's around Pesky pole. http://www.hittrackeronline.com/detail.php?id=2011_198&type=ballpark
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]
    good point. when you see the distance of homers hit at the stadium, a high majority clear the fence be a considerable distance. so I guess the point is somewhat tainted. my 2 cents.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : I've admitted many times that the pitching blew it for the 2011 Red Sox.  What more do you want me to say. I would not call them overrated though.  They were right there until the end and only a select few blew it for the entire team.  What also shouldn't be overlooked is the Buchholz and Youk injuries (2nd straight year off major injuries that costed the team a playoff spot).  There's a difference between overrated and underperforming.  (i.e. Beckett and Lester underperformed... Nova and Gardner are overrated).
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

This was not just a typical slump; this was a systemic team wide breakdown, affecting all aspects, from FO to bench. They had the worst month in their history, and that's over 6000 months, and includes the also ran teams of the 20s, 30s, & 50s. Also, every team has injuries, and while some have more than others (and partly due to their own design), it's no excuse, yet one we hear annually. 

As far as overrated vs underperforming (Was Beckett underperforming in 2010 also? While he's good, could it be Lester's overrated?), this is more homeristic croc from one of the masters of that type of rhetoric.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : This was not just a typical slump; this was a systemic team wide breakdown, affecting all aspects, from FO to bench. They had the worst month in their history , and that's over 6000 months, and includes the also ran teams of the 20s, 30s, & 50s. Also, every team has injuries, and while some have more than others (and partly due to their own design), it's no excuse, yet one we hear annually.  As far as overrated vs underperforming (Was Beckett underperforming in 2010 also? While he's good, could it be Lester's overrated?), this is more homeristic croc from one of the masters of that type of rhetoric.

To start, let me say overall I agree with you.

That being said... 6000 months?  Really?  Even if months in the offseason could be "bad months" that's still 500 years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : To start, let me say overall I agree with you. That being said... 6000 months?  Really?  Even if months in the offseason could be "bad months" that's still 500 years.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that's a typo; its around 600-700 months. Still not good. And, in general you're so objective I can't even tell who you're a fan of.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : Sorry, that's a typo; its around 600-700 months. Still not good. And, in general you're so objective I can't even tell who you're a fan of.

Not a problem, some people like to exaggerate on this board, but that seemed a bit over the top. Tongue Out

I'll take that as a compliment.  I'm a Red Sox fan, born and raised outside of Worcester, MA.  I've spent the past couple of years moving around the US for a large company that you have heard of.  I'm objective because I want to see the best possible team put out on the field for Boston, and in order to do that, you need to take off the rose colored glasses.  I don't have a problem giving credit to other teams for developing good talent, even if that other team is the Yankees, who really should be developing a good deal of talent with all of their resources, even if they develop it to trade it away.  Who's to say what's the "right" way to use home grown talent anyway?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : Not a problem, some people like to exaggerate on this board, but that seemed a bit over the top.  I'll take that as a compliment.  I'm a Red Sox fan, born and raised outside of Worcester, MA.  I've spent the past couple of years moving around the US for a large company that you have heard of.  I'm objective because I want to see the best possible team put out on the field for Boston, and in order to do that, you need to take off the rose colored glasses.  I don't have a problem giving credit to other teams for developing good talent, even if that other team is the Yankees, who really should be developing a good deal of talent with all of their resources, even if they develop it to trade it away.  Who's to say what's the "right" way to use home grown talent anyway?
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Actually, considering their expenditures, both teams are way underperforming; look at TB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nova stinks : Actually, considering their expenditures, both teams are way underperforming; look at TB.

No doubt.  I'm curious to see just how much Tampa spends on their entire scouting operation compared to the rest of MLB.  They've been so good at it for so long now and despite peoples claims that it's easy to draft well when picking at the top of the draft, many of their impact young arms weren't first round picks.  Imagine what Tampa could become with more attendance/higher payroll.  Actually being able to hold onto some of their stud players through the end of their extensions.  It would be scary.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

He certainly has come back down to earth.  The sabermetric statisticians predicted this in the off-season.

Sections
Shortcuts