Now do you root for the Yankees or the Rays?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mickeypro. Show mickeypro's posts

Now do you root for the Yankees or the Rays?

crazy scenario, ugh

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

Re: Now do you root for the Yankees or the Rays?

You root for the Rays if the Sox win, and the Yanks if they lose :0)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Any Sox fan here who roots for my Yanks is a bad person.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

I just, couldnt root for NYY, even if they played the Nazis

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

In Response to Re: Now do you root for the Yankees or the Rays?:
    You root for the Rays if the Sox win, and the Yanks if they lose :0)
    Posted by athens7676

Or how about the RS just play better and take care of their own business. Last week Baltimore took care of what they could not do themselves, now you want the Skanks to do their dirty work for them. Just shut up and win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Now do you root for the Yankees or the Rays? :  Or how about the RS just play better and take care of their own business. Last week Baltimore took care of what they could not do themselves, now you want the Skanks to do their dirty work for them. Just shut up and win.
    Posted by njalb

Exactly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

if you don't want the yankees to beat TB then you are not a Red Sox fan but a yankee hater. how sad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

Like rooting for or against either team would help the Red Sox . . .

I like the unintentional humor here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm wearing a Yankee cap for a spell I think....lol. For now it's about the wild card and keeping Tampa Bay at bay. Whatever makes that happen I'm good with.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatgirl. Show Soxpatgirl's posts

You have to root for the Yankees (root silently of course).  I don't think the Sox are capable at this point of winning the division (mathematically yes, most likely no).  Unfortunately the Sox are closer to be knocked out of the wild card than they are to taking the division. Just get in the playoffs. The Sox need to shake the Rays from their tails and the only way that can happen is for the Yanks to beat the Rays and for us to beat the Orioles. 

Also, let's not forget that the Angels are in the mix as well.  I cannot believe the Sox have let this happen.  Yikes!!!!

I believe they will hang on.  GO SOX!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im rooting for the Sox to start playing good baseball..if they do that, it wont matter what every other team does...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It will help the Red Sox if the Yankees win most of these games, so you should want the Yankees to win. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Im rooting for the Sox to start playing good baseball..if they do that, it wont matter what every other team does...
    Posted by southpaw777

Good answer, It's not like they are trying to catch up and need help to do it. They just need to hold on to what they've got. The pressure is still on Tampa Bay. That said, rooting for every other team to beat Tampa Bay.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

It's simple: No way we catch the Yankees. So as distasteful as it might be, gotta pull for the Yankees for the greater good.
    But southpaw is also dead on ... if the Sox don't get their heads out of their butts, none of it will matter.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthat. Show kimsaysthat's posts

This is a Red Sox board, you are not permited to mention the Yankees in a thread title.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I would never root for either. If the Red Sox can't win it on their own, they don't deserve to get in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

I'm just rooting for any starting pitcher not named Beckett to not give up three runs in the first inning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: Now do you root for the Yankees or the Rays? : Good answer, It's not like they are trying to catch up and need help to do it. They just need to hold on to what they've got. The pressure is still on Tampa Bay. That said, rooting for every other team to beat Tampa Bay.
    Posted by MikeNagy

no worries mike

the yanks will beat TB 4 U

truth is the yanks havn't been playing much better than the sox

great to see you back mike, U had me worried

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'm rooting for my red sox to win baby. just win. the rest will take care of itself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]I'm rooting for my red sox to win baby. just win. the rest will take care of itself.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

just having fun  Hammah

U R right all the sox have to do is win

and I'm not about to bet against them

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: Now do you root for the Yankees or the Rays? : no worries mike the yanks will beat TB 4 U truth is the yanks havn't been playing much better than the sox great to see you back mike, U had me worried
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Morning Zac,

Just taking a break from the madness. Wanted to be back in time for the sox World Series run. Yeah, the yanks were giving us plenty of opportunities to get back to the top and the sox didn't capitalize on it. Hopefully it's too late for Tampa Bay, but they sure have been making the sox look terrible.

I've always been a Wakefield defender, but it kinda looks like he may be out of gas. Bard's inconsistency hasn't helped matters much. The guy is either lights out or totally falls apart. As far as Miller being a work in progress, he's been a work in progress for years now. I never thought Lackey was an ace, but would be a solid #3 type.

The whole staff needs to get it together to go deep in the playoffs. The big question mark at the beginning, Papelbon has been the strength. I don't believe players rachet it up in a contract year, but he's going to want a lot of bucks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Got to root for the Rays.The Sox need a little help if they're going to win the AL East.

Sections
Shortcuts