Now I must listen to "HAWK" HARRELSON"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

Now I must listen to "HAWK" HARRELSON"

The Chicago White Sox have claimed Milwaukee as part of their home broadcast area... So. NESN is blacked out here for all White Sox Games...Add to that the fact that Tiuesday's game is telecast on a Chicago UHF peanut whistle station that doesn't even reach Milwaukee, so I can't watch that game at all.  I only want to be able to watch the Red Sox on a Red Sox broadcast.  Thanks Bud Selig for selling out to the cash input...I also reference the FOX Saturday black outs....B.S.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: Now I must listen to "HAWK" HARRELSON"

Turn down the sound and tell the Hawk, "you gone!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

it's on MLB channel

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

oops, you get the other game due to proximity...*never mind* *violins*

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I remember not minding him when he and Dick Stockton used to do Red Sox games back in the 1970s. Maybe because it was the Red Sox or maybe because I was too young (11-14) to know better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He was a better announcer then. Very informative. Once he went to Chicago, he became a caricature. Even in his playing days, he'd be colorful or dress loudly. In the booth, it's a way of making a niche for himself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Now I must listen to "HAWK" HARRELSON":
    [QUOTE]The Chicago White Sox have claimed Milwaukee as part of their home broadcast area... So. NESN is blacked out here for all White Sox Games...Add to that the fact that Tiuesday's game is telecast on a Chicago UHF peanut whistle station that doesn't even reach Milwaukee, so I can't watch that game at all.  I only want to be able to watch the Red Sox on a Red Sox broadcast.  Thanks Bud Selig for selling out to the cash input...I also reference the FOX Saturday black outs....B.S.
    Posted by norm9340[/QUOTE]Personally I have much more of an issue with the FOX contract that blacks out all other games including when they pick multiple games to broadcast regionally, the other regional options that they are broadcasting.

While it probably sounds great to the advertisers when Fox sets the book rates for ads, this isn't football. Fans are much more "tribal" in baseball and won't just watch a game to get some baseball in on a boring winter Sunday afternoon.

Protecting local TV revenue from leakage to MLB TV and Extra Innings viewers watching the opponents feed is different. You aren't denied access to the event you just have to listen to the "other side". While The Hawk a tragic homer, it isn't all bad to sometimes get how the rest of the league perceives our team IMO.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

In Response to Re: Now I must listen to "HAWK" HARRELSON":
    [QUOTE]it's on MLB channel
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    MLB network also blacked out in Milwaukee...other regional game is Brewers game...it's either the Brewers broadcast or nothing....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

turns out we got milwaukee in LA...ugh