NOW is the time to strike for Bailey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey

a's expected to move bailey soon, sox making a push, angels lurking, rays involved, lets hope ben doesnt let us down this time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Cafardo just made it seem not likely for Bailey. What will they do?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey": [QUOTE]Cafardo just made it seem not likely for Bailey. What will they do? Posted by NegativeTrollsAbound[/QUOTE] I say that if we don't allow Billy Beane to rape our farm system for a relief pitcher, as fans, we should not watch a game next summer...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

where did u guy see anything about cafardo not liking our chances? last i heard sox are makin a push for bailey

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I like Bailey....but it appears the A's are getting some BIG returns for their arms which is making me think their asking prices are really high and/or they are great at negotiating......kinda making me want Bailey less. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Cafardo was on NESN for an interview and said that. Not to be a naysayer, he said they will wait until prices to come down etc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I would not give up Middlebrooks, Lavarnway, Brentz and Ranaudo. I would sign a player like Francisco Cordero because I want to keep my young guns to bolster our team in the comming years. I wouldn't trade for Bailey especially. Closers even good ones are not as valuable trade wise as a decent starter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Madson is still out there right????  the market for teams looking for a closer is actually not that huge if I'm not mistaken.  So the Sox may be willing to pay some extra Tax if they get a good deal on him.  I'd still take Bailey for the right price, I'm just not confident we will get it....of course Billy Bean may be on HIGH from massive amounts of talent right now that he will be willing to make a deal (or he will think he can get 4 prospects for anyone)....so I guess that can go either way. 

Sox need to do something.  I'm confident that there are some internal answers from within, guys who have not contributed yet that can play a big part in the pen (doubront/Wilson/Bowden)  But I still think we need one good arm that can close.....if not then we at least need more depth at the starter position because Bard is stayin in the bullpen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

ESPN's Buster Olney tweets that the A's will likely trade Andrew Bailey to the Red Sox or the Rangers:

http://twitter.com/#!/Buster_ESPN/status/152096686733393920

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I doubt Sox losing out on Bailey by Rangers.  I just hope Sox don't send A's Middlebrooks or Lavarnway..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

one more piece of the pitching puzzle to move Beckett!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

We have a closer.......Melancholy. Ben knows what he's doing so quit playing GM.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Let's give 'em 4 A's and a B for Bailey:

Anderson, Albers, Atchison, and Bowden 

Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

four bums...yea Im sure the A's are dying to get Bodwen and Albers in the same deal...lololol

maybe we can give them darnell, jd, and wake too!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey:
    [QUOTE]When was the last time Oakland traded a pitcher, and he got better after the trade?  If 25 saves a year or so is the best Bailey can manage, and with his injury history, I'd much rather the Sox use up all their money on Madson and figure out RF in the spring.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

I agree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]Let's give 'em 4 A's and a B for Bailey: Anderson, Albers, Atchison, and Bowden 
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Moon, who is the 4th "A" ??? Alibiike??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]When was the last time Oakland traded a pitcher, and he got better after the trade?  If 25 saves a year or so is the best Bailey can manage, and with his injury history, I'd much rather the Sox use up all their money on Madson and figure out RF in the spring.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

You prefer Madson's lack of a closing history over Bailey's questionable health? Seems comparable to me.

If Bailey didn't have injury questions, he'd have close to 100 saves in that same 3 year span, and command a MUCH higher price.

Sometimes you take a chance on a player. Given his age, ability, and proven success, he's the type of guy I'd take a chance on. Kind of like taking a TE who had serious back injury concerns in the 2nd round.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If there is going to be a trade for Bailey it will incclude Melancon, because of his ability and time under team control, in addition Reddick or Kalish and a pitching prospect.

I think they are keeping Ranaudo and Wilson to be part of the Garza proposal. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: NOW is the time to strike for Bailey": [QUOTE]If there is going to be a trade for Bailey it will incclude Melancon, because of his ability and time under team control, in addition Reddick or Kalish and a pitching prospect. I think they are keeping Ranaudo and Wilson to be part of the Garza proposal.  Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE] Why would they ever include Melancon in a trade for Bailey?! Plus you want to include one of their young outfielders AND a pitching prospect? How does that help them? Is Bailey that much better than Melancon? By the way, there is no way they are getting both Bailey AND Garza.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Q: Does anybody want madson?????  Fielder to the Rangers would crank up that angels/rangers thing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

it is done....

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

They trade for a guy with an arm injury and another left handed hitting outfielder. Please explain, Ryan Madson would have been a better signing.

In Response to NOW is the time to strike for Bailey:
    [QUOTE]Beane has now dealt Cahill AND Gonzalez, Bailey seemingly being the last piece he will likely move. He's 27, isn't a free agent until 2015, has three seasons under his belt, all as the closer, and has poster 75 save sin those 3 years for a mediocre team. His WHIP over that span is 0.954 after posting a career worst of 1.10 last year. He is arbitration eligible for the first time after this coming season, and everyone knows the As don't pay. The numbers are all their, the age is right, the contract is good, I just don't know how much Beane is looking for. He could certainly hold back until the All Star break and see who NEEDS a closer, but I would make a strong push, right now, for a guy I believe to be among the elite closers in baseball. It's worth giving up something knowing they'll control him for at least 3 seasons, at which point he'll be the same age as Pap is now. I wouldn't overpay in prospects, but I would crtainly be interested to find out what may get it done. If it's close to the deals teams have been getting for starters, however, count me out. Also, maybe Beane's guard is a little down! He just got a good return for Gio, and already got a nice haul for Cahill, maybe he'll mess up! Hahaha, ok, maybe not, but I like Bailey. Simply as a player, I like him FAR better than anything on the market right now, and I'd rather have him than some of the guys already signed (Bell, Nathan).
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]They trade for a guy with an arm injury and another left handed hitting outfielder. Please explain, Ryan Madson would have been a better signing. In Response to NOW is the time to strike for Bailey :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Happy New Year, AL . Bailey's a solid closer, Sweeney will probably take over for Kalish in Pawtucket. The fact Bailey was acquired in a trade,as opposed to a FA, ie Madson, leaves more money to sign a starter. Good trade IMO

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

AWESOME deal!

An OFer who wasn't in the long term plans, and two loooooow level prospects for a solid bullpen arm (when healthy you nay-sayers).

Who knows why Sweeney came back as well, part of another potential deal? A betyter 4th OFer than McDonald? I don't know, he wasn't a main par,t and I don't mind if they cut him and are left with Only Bailey.

Awesome trade. If he stays healthy, this will be a HUGE pickup and steal. A back end of Melancon/Bailey is about as good as it comes, mark my words.

Now Bard and Aceves can compete for a spot in the rotation without crippling the Pen.

This is the most exciting move the Sox have made in a few years to me. Yes, more exciting to me than overpaying for Crawford. Ok, not as exciting as Gonzalez, but people were waiting for that for 2 years, so it stole some of the thunder.

I'm THRILLED!

I'll eat my words if he gets hurt, but if healthy, they just got a 27 year old QUALITY closer for pennies on the dollar.

WIN!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

This was FAR LESS than people were predicting to give up. What a score!

Sections
Shortcuts